1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Mavericks 3/6/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

What was the "context" of the post?

2. Jenopogi

Jenopogi Contributing Member

soooo.. McSuccess is below average?

3. rinklob

rinklob Member

A poster gave their opinion that McHale didn't have a positive impact on the success of this team and you said that was exactly like saying Popovich didn't have a positive impact on the success of the Spurs. That was the context.

4. kozmo

kozmo Member

fighton.....thats about it isnt it....right on the money...

i cannot believe that mchale did not put lin back in....its was simply idiotic....
    I dont get it....Lin would have put up 20 and that would have been the difference in the game....

5. Jenopogi

welll.... Rockets lost and Lin was not even playing . . . effin! day.

6. Jenopogi

McHale . . . you made me regret my LP subscription. I go to work late in the morning just to watch Rockets games... I am not even excited on my calendar now since my fav Rocket is not playing anyway. it might have been better if he is injured that's why he don't play. On the magics game, benching Lin was right, he was not playing well on that one, and Bev was amazing. Right call. But on a game when Lin was doing well, and Bevs was doing average, why stick with Bevs.. effin u!

7. Jenopogi

but.. but.. but.. we are trying to win the game! :eek:

8. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Basically, right but the main context of the post goes way beyond the coach's names.

9. rinklob

rinklob Member

I don't see how. The original poster said it was our specific players rather than McHale who had achieved the record, and you equated that with the Spurs' specific players rather than Popovich who had achieved the Spurs' record. It seems pretty cut-and-dried to me.

10. Jenopogi

hahaha.. McHale uses his substitution/assessment based on the last game. Garcia was hot and Del3no was not that time. Well, it did not apply to Lin though.

11. Jenopogi

missed expectations yeah? who would have thought before that Lin will be sitting thru the 4th... :grin:

12. Jenopogi

another missed expectations . . . McHale played them the 4th with them bricken on the 1st . . .

13. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

I agree, it was indeed a bummer that Lin didn't get a fair chance to contribute in the 4th quarter of last night's game but considering your overall assessment on this team's 62-game performance, would you fire the head coach right now if you were the GM?

14. M4-Nightvision

Seem like Mchale went for the home run, now.

15. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Your point being..? Do you agree that McHale does not have anything to do with this team's success in the season so far?

16. Jenopogi

Yeah . . . the excitement of the Opening quarters . . . so upbeat . . . what happened at the end :confused:

well this is what our HOF coach retained on the last quarter::eek:

17. Hous-TO-n

Hous-TO-n Member

He did not.

18. Jenopogi

Nope too late in the season. Moving PPat and Dougie in itself has an impact, firing McHale will be huge . . . with us eyeing the Playoffs. It's just hope clinging that somehow on the remaining 20 games, he will not have "lapses" such as this. One thing for sure though, i rather wait for the game to be over, know the results before watching it. Helped on my stress . . . though, sometimes, I can not avoid it.. too much excitement that I want to watch it as it rolls. unfortunately, mcHale sometimes raised my blood pressure. :mad:

19. Karolik

Karolik Member

Far too optimistic. Lin and Asik are far from established. I think you're overestimating McHale's ability as a head coach here. We will see in the playoffs but I think it will probably be more of the same.

20. zdrav

zdrav Member

The sideshow carousel of would-be Lin replacements have already included Scott Machado and Toney Douglas. The LOH's are 0-2 this season alone.

I admit that I became a Rockets' fan after they signed Lin, but we all gotta start being fans somewhere. I am a big fan of all the players on this team now, and I was very disappointed to see Morris, Patterson, and Douglas leave because they were instrumental to Houston's great season thus far.

However, LOH's are an unreasonable and childish bunch. They're of the same breed that stops liking certain music bands because they get too popular. The LOH's thought that the Rockets were their own little toy, and they can't stand sharing it with a whole new base that's been attracted to the team by the likes of Lin.

We're all fans here and we all want the Rockets to do well. Any objective observer can see that the Rockets play a ton better when Lin is allowed to do his thing, as opposed to leaving in a PG who can't score or make plays.