1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden ISO. What is the Bearded One thinking....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jocar, Mar 7, 2013.

Tags:
?

(U can pick more than one)-- He's thinking..........

1. Damn coach, can't you draw up something better?

44.5%
  2. No way I'm passing, all your glory are belong to me!

18.5%
  3. My responsibility, everyone's countin on me.. taking defense on a Eurotrip.

31.8%
  4. Why'd everyone stop moving???

24.9%
  5. Wha whwa wha, p pp wha waht whwa wa Beardsanity! [15 secs later] Oh crap, shot clock!

16.2%
  6. Why is Carlos the only guy who looks like he wants the ball? Screw it....Leeeeeroy mmmJenkinsssss!

19.1%
  7. Wish I had a Dwight to alley-oop to when the g*ngbang packs the paint.

8.7%
  8. Yay! game's almost over.....Treasures, Dreams, or Men's Club?

16.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Wilezra

Wilezra Member

I'm actually a little surprised at the results. Thought third choice from the top would get the most votes since Harden is our number 1 option.

2. WSWhippets

WSWhippets Member

mcfailure can't draw up a play and I ain't passing it to bev or TRob...

3. robrhodes

robrhodes Member

The best player on a team attempting to tie or win the game with the last shot is nothing new in basketball.

4. wapz

wapz Member

Lmao. True this

5. KevinG1015

KevinG1015 Member

Easily the quote of the day hahahaha

On a serious note, Harden is our superstar... When the game is on the line, teams don't run plays. They give the ball to the star and say "do your thing big guy" and thats precisely what happened. He went to work, got in the paint, and missed the shot (could have potentially been fouled). That's not hero ball... that's basketball

6. Blaster_333

Blaster_333 Member

I understand when the game is on the line, but you see a steady diet of Harden ISO all throughout the game, especially in the 4th it seemed like Harden ISO for half the period.

7. yunac010

yunac010 Member

Yeah it did. I hated how Chandler barely got any touches when he had his shot going (5-8 from 3!!). He looked frustrated too.

8. otisthorpe3

otisthorpe3 Member

Reminded me of Steve Francis ISO

9. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

I think this would be the first time Harden came up short in a long time in crunch time.

He made the game tying shot against the Wizards and the Bucks, as well as a ton of big shots before the all-star break.

Pretty good news in my opinion.

10. OremLK

OremLK Member

"Damn, do I have some leftover pizza in the fridge at home? Guess I could just order some Dominos..."

11. jocar

jocar Member

It's good to know the majority of people think it's more coach's fault for a lack of imaginative plays than Harden's for wanting to play "hero" ball.

Another thing I'd like to point out... the majority of our plays are essentially ISO's with the floor completely spread out on the arch, with no off-the-ball movement, cutting, screens. When Lin, Parsons, Delfino, Bev decide to drive to the hole they're doing it as an ISO.. 1v1. But only Harden gets called out for playing ISO. Is this because he ends up shooting more often than the others? When Lin or Parsons drives to the hoop, while the rest wait on the arch, why isn't this called hero ball? Having to bail out and dish out more than Harden does makes theirs teamball?