1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA Degen Gambling Thread

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by el gnomo, Feb 24, 2013.

Tags:
  1. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

You gotta keep posting college, regardless if anyone else is. I blindly tailed you on Brown today (didn't count for my record), and will keep tailing as you keep winning lol. There's a ton of games tomorrow... what do you think about Miami @ Duke -7? I'm leaning Duke, coming off a loss, plus the revenge factor.

2. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Lol, never again on the Bobcats... 2-2 for me tonight, which brings my record to a mediocre 11-9-1.

3. BmwM3

BmwM3 Contributing Member

Miami and duke is a tough game to cap. I'm leaning Miami as I think they are A very nice squad. I think they match up very well with duke, but as of right now it's a no play. I just skim through all the games playing today and two plays caught my eye. So I'm just making two plays for now and might add more college plays later if I don't get caught up at work.

First play, im playing VCU (-7) versus butler. Not going to look at injury reports or stats on this one. Fits just the same as my Brown pick yesterday. Majority of people are playing butler( as I would to if I was new to betting) cause they are a nice little squad. Line isn't going down, but holding steady and increasing at some books. So first game, take VCU with confidence.

Second play, Im playing the 76ers. Super trap of the day. They gave us new York and Indy yesterday ( as we thought they could be trap games) but will be trying to take it back with this game. 76ers suck. They are playing really really bad. Doug Collins has lost this team, they shouldn't be favored against anyone at the moment, yet they are giving away 1 to golden state? It might be because GSW played last night, but I'll take Philly without looking into it any further.

College

VCU (-7)
    Maryland (-1)

NBA

Philly (-1)

That's all for now. May add more later as there is a crap load of college games.

Edit: adding Maryland (-1) against wake forest. I hate betting Maryland as I don't know which Maryland squad will show up. Maryland needs to keep winning, and I'll bite with this short number. Wake forest has been playing better as of late, but I don't think they match up well with Maryland. First game Maryland almost won by 30 points, I see it no different here. Maryland lost to Georgia tech last week with a short line, but I think they man handle wake today. Play Maryland with confidence. Look for big games from Alex Len and dezmine wells. Wake is retiring Chris Paul's jersey today so that might give them a little boost at the beginning, but in the end, Maryland will pull away.

#183 BmwM3, Mar 2, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2013
  4. Rockets9495

Rockets9495 Contributing Member

I am on philly also. I had this game circled as its the 4th in 5 nights for GS and end of a long road trip. I don't like that GS is on a losing streak but its still a great spot for philly.

I took VCU also as a guy I respect had that as a pick also.

Good call on Brown, I played the +180 Ml . In college bball , I always take the dog outright if the number is between 5-9.5. For some reason they usually outright win or get blown out. I do the same for NFL dogs of 3 to 6.5.

Duke -7 seems like a trap/square play. "revenge" factor is too obvious. I want to bet duke but its just too square.

5. Rockets9495

Leaning Minn +9.5 and Toronto +5.5

Toronto has been struggling but I think a bad defensive team like Milw is just what they need to get going again. Milw seems like a mess. I know they have won some games but jennings is unhappy. It took a fluke game from ellis to beat the rockets the other night. I wasn't overly impressed by them. I like that they are versatile but they seem like a good team to back with points and a horrible team to lay points with.

Anyone have an injury update on wolves? This is more of a fade of portland than a play on minn

6. BmwM3

I'm liking the raptors tonight as well but not playing them unless I get the urge. Lol I'm looking at the later set of college games now. If I see something that stands out, I'll post.

7. Rockets9495

post more of the college ones that you like just off numbers! ha

8. BmwM3

IPFW versus Oakland matches those numbers but I dont think I'll be playing it. If you do play it, take IPFW (+8). They beat Oakland last week, I don't see how they can't do it again.

I don't see any other college plays that catch my eye.

Edit: I just talked myself into play IPFW. lol

Another play I'll add is Minnesota 2nd half what ever the spread is. I don't care what the spread is, but take minny against penn st. I like to fade a team after an upset.

#188 BmwM3, Mar 2, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2013
  9. T-Yex

T-Yex Member

-5 minny, took it.

1 person likes this.
  10. BmwM3

Good luck. See any late afternoon games you like?

11. T-Yex

T-Yex Member

east carolina +11 1/2. seems a bit high imo, so i see value in this spread, but judging from what you play, you would probably against it. :p

12. T-Yex

T-Yex Member

Yeaaaaaaa, you're da man. :cool:

13. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

No NBA bets for me tonight unless someone talks me into one... don't like anything on this pu pu platter of games that I have no intention of watching. However, I will blindly bet the IFPW game :) (not on record). Also laid off the Miami-Duke game... should be entertaining enough as is.

14. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Here are my picks for tonight:

Philly +2.5... GSW shot poorly last night and should shoot better this game, but Philly's defense isn't bad. 76ers desperate for a win playing on their home court against the Warriors who are playing their 4th game in 5 nights. It's really a coin flip game that could go either way, but I"m with BmwM3 on this one, the line movement made me take Philly.

Nets +4.5... They matchup well with the Bulls and have more depth. Chicago's essentially running a 7 man rotation out there since Rip and Gibson aren't playing.

Raptors +6... Initially I was going to stay away because the Raptors have been playing poorly while the Bucks have been playing well (maybe even above their talent level?). However, Toronto does a good job against the spread coming off of a loss and even on B2Bs. All in all, I felt that +6 has good value here.

Trailblazers -8.5... Neither team has been playing well lately, but with Peckovic out, Portland has the clear advantage here, especially playing at home. Their starting lineup should be able dominate, but their lack of a bench is concerning. Moreover, TWolves has a couple of good players coming off their bench in JJ and Shved that could screw up the spread. This will be close in relation to the spread, but I was comfortable with taking Portland to get out of their funk with a resounding victory here.

15. BmwM3

I didnt get a chance to play any of these crap nba games tonight other than philly, but man I feel for you're raptors pick. Overtime and not cover? Ouch.

16. BmwM3

Also. One last game for tonight for the Hawaii game. I might be the only degenerate up for this game, but I'm taking cal poly if anyone is interested. Short number with majority on Hawaii equals a cal poly win and cover. :grin:

17. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

I'm in. Doubling down with the IPFW $ won :grin:

18. BmwM3

I messed up and forgot to play the money line like rockets9495 said on the IPFW game. 100 to win 300? Or something like that. :(

19. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Eh, easy to say after it hits... it was a 2 pt game, you would've been super pissed if they lost by 2 and you had ML. I'm not complaining, a win is a win :)

20. Rockets9495

Thanks for ipfw! I played the money line again. Tough loss on Toronto. That one really hurt but it happens.