1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I Think It's Time to Explore Trade Options for Lin This Summer

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hotballa, Mar 1, 2013.

?

Should the Rox Explore Trade Options for Lin in the Summer if His Minutes Continue to Go Down?

1. Yes

314 vote(s)
    51.6%
  2. No

294 vote(s)
    48.4%
  1. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

If that was true, than why did he only get 1 offer during the off season?

2. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

I hope he takes orange with him. That racist crap came outta nowhere

3. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

Because everyone "knew" the knicks were gonna match. Only morey was smart enough to structure the contract with the poison pill

1 person likes this.
  4. FacePalmMaster

You're being way too rational man. Stop it :grin:

5. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

If we don't then we'll get that 7 game losing streak plus we barely beat the bobcats. that's what happens when you relegate Lin that much.

6. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

and LeBron James got 6 offers and made 6 visits........cause people knew they had no chance and didnt bother to formally make one.

1 person likes this.
  7. edlkf

edlkf Contributing Member

Your parents must be so proud of you.:)

8. Benchwarmer

Benchwarmer Member

The question is why didn't the team win by more points and put away the lowly Magic before the 4th quarter. Rockets were an 8th place bubble team last year, with tougher teams biting at their heels. Same situation, I see no improvement especially on defense.

9. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

And Orange has 2 green rep bars in spite being a total troll. The LOHs are ridiculous.

10. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

But...I don't want him to leave.

He and Brooks can be our Smith and Cassell...

11. conquistador#11

doesn't that have to do a little something with how much orlando's Power forwards and shooting guards scored on us? And isn't it strange how many new 2013 accounts are popping up that concentrate on attacking #7's fans.
    I wonder how many are veteran posters disguised as 2013 new comers. :p

1 person likes this.
  12. Orange

Orange Member

I'm not even black and the only one that needs handouts is you.
    It looks like bigtexxx has an alternate account. Funny thing is you were arguing on the forum for conservative positions. Proof that the republicans on this board are racist.

13. M4-Nightvision

Everyone knew the knicks gonna match. Les Alexander wants Lin and Morey put in a poison pill contract backload on the 3rd year. Most teams have salary caps issue already.

you don't see Lin potential and upside? if you dont see it then I don't know what else to say to you. doudter will always doudt.

I am not surprise after Lin contract is over in 22 years , the knicks might wants him back and Jeremy might go back to nyc.

14. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

Rockets aren't trading Lin until he turns 30 plus.

15. M4-Nightvision

correct 2 years not 22 years, typo! :)

16. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The thing is, McHale is really happy with Lin. His starting job is secure. Beverly is the back-up. McHale is going to go with who is hot at times so whatever. Chill.

LOF have a problem because they want Linsanity. They want Lin to be a star and get 25 points a game to bring respect to all Asians. It's not enough that he is just the starting point guard of a good team that's growing. Guess what, Rockets fans want to build a contender. And if that means Lin only takes 6 shots and scores 11 points then so be it.

I'll take that efficiency from Lin - who is basically still a rookie.

1 person likes this.
  17. Hughesy

Hughesy Member

Much easier to get rid of Mchale than it is to get rid of Lin. Lin's commodity as a role player at the moment is very replaceable, I admit, but this comes down to the how the coach staffs want to utulise him, and he is very obediant.

McHale on the other hand, not really a proven coach, inexperienced and he also is in the learning process. Very replaceable.

But it comes down to this; Lin is more essential in defining this franchise, Les knows this, just look at what a player like Yao did and the kind of international attention he attracted.

To say to get rid of player a purely because of the coach's distrust in that player even though that player has shown potential and is on a very good track of development, is clearly the coach's personal problem. Trust has a lot to do with perception and perception has a lot to do with your own biasness towards that person.

I assure you, Lin is not going anywhere, he will be playing here for a very long time simply because Les and Morey are backing him, Lin has just got to focus on getting better and stay healthy.

18. Second_Cousin

Second_Cousin Member

Cause no one thought the Knicks were stupid enough to let him go for nothing.

1 person likes this.
  19. rickyli

rickyli New Member

Well said! Please stop complaining the coach to bench Lin when another player was getting hot. True fan should be rational. It is pointless if we loss a game even with Lin getting 25+ points and fighting for 40+ mins.

Let's think about his knee and sprained ankle as well, when he gets injury again, Linsanity will never happen!

20. King1

King1 Contributing Member

The rooster?