1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I Think It's Time to Explore Trade Options for Lin This Summer

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hotballa, Mar 1, 2013.

?

Should the Rox Explore Trade Options for Lin in the Summer if His Minutes Continue to Go Down?

1. Yes

314 vote(s)
    51.6%
  2. No

294 vote(s)
    48.4%
  1. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Sigh.

LOF's - it seems like Lin has the support of almost everyone with 3 or more green bars under their name. Do you really care very much about the noise of the LOH's?

LOH's - If Lin is bad for the franchise, be assured that Morey will trade him. Do you all really want to engage in perpetual arguments where no one's mind is ever changed?

Everybody else - You understand that the only things that matter is the W and the progression of the Rockets franchise towards another championship. Keep up the good work!

Peace.

2. gengar

gengar Member

Oh right. It's Lin fault that he got benched today when he made 2 for 2 at the 3 point line and made both of his 2 free throws right? Because any logical coach would bench a player when he's hot right?

3. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Seems to me most Rockets fans are happy that the season is going better than expected. Meanwhile, we won an important game last night, and lots of posters were "whining" anyway because winning games is not at the top of their list: one guy is.

4. manning

manning Member

hmmm....turnover machine??:grin:

5. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

That you world use the word "logical" while you b**** about playing time after a win is laughable.

6. furior

furior Member

He's so inconsistent because every single game he goes out there, plays 6~7 minutes and then goes to the bench to "chill out"!

7. holly1985

holly1985 Member

It's Sunday Morning. You should all go out and enjoy the beautiful day.

8. holly1985

holly1985 Member

Saturday Morning...:p

9. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Since: Nov 2012

Mr. Troll, GTFO.

10. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Only IMO from the eyeball test. I can't tell a tremendous difference between Dragic of last year and Lin of this year. Not saying they play super identical, but just in terms of impact. Lin seems to be shooting marginally better these days and is pretty solid at getting into the paint and creating. Dragic was a better shooter, slightly better finisher.

That being said, I want to upgrade the pg position and keep the other 4 starters. Hoping something happens that would cause CP3 to considering leaving LA via free agency.

11. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Either you have an intimate relationship with Mchale. You are a mind reader are you are full of ****.

12. edlkf

edlkf Contributing Member

Annoying orange.

13. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

I love Lin but gladly part with him in snt for cp3 and asik in one for Howard

I am still dreaming harden gets us the new big 3

14. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

Well actually Beverly gave the ball to Harden, but he got doubled every time out at half court. So Harden did the smart thing and gave the ball to the next best ball handler. Usually Harden has the ball at the end, no matter who is in besides him - but getting trapped at half court with a bad knee, you just take what the defense gives you.

Last games Beverly was spectacular and Lin mediocre - so of course you play him at the end. Line playing time didn't went drastically down (28 minutes per game over the last few games instead of 32) and his play so far hasn't warranted more playing time. But it hasn't warranted much less playing time either. He gets this team into rhythm, has a knack for steals, starts to hit his open shots and seems to have a good chemistry with the team - and if course a lot of promise.

So, what's the problem here? A coach playing the guy who is hit at the end of the game? Lin just needs to get more aggressive and most importantly more consistent and he will get his playing time. Until then, why don't do what helps your team most while developing two young guys?

15. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I would definitely be open to trading lin. It's a business and the goal is to win a championship. If he is not performing at 20 mill value then trade him for someone that will. If he flourishes elsewhere good for him there are no bad sentiments but no use of him staying in a Houston uniform of we're wasting each others' time. The team's main concern is Harden. Everyone else is expendable. Lin Mchale the power dancers asik... They r all assets... Towards our goal to win a championship.

16. conquistador#11

when he does and scores then he is doing too much, not enough iso, go to the bench for 10 minutes straight. it's a no win situation for everyone, the home run hitter, singles hitter and mchale the manager spitting sunflower seeds.

17. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

Dude you don't have to be a mind reader to know that mchale doesn't trust lins home run mentality. Just read the articles and his own quotes about it. I really don't see the big deal about not trusting lin. Hell I don't trust him sometimes and I think he's got pretty good upside.

18. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

Thank you. You have stated exactly my thoughts in a different manner.

19. M4-Nightvision

a lot of teams wants Jeremy in an heartbeat.

20. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Enjoy your ban.