1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA Degen Gambling Thread

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by el gnomo, Feb 24, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Rockets9495

Rockets9495 Contributing Member

I think I am going to bet miami. Memphis just seems like a trap/cute sucker bet. They have been playing so well lately..blah blah. Miami has been coasting against bad teams. They bring it tonight and make a statement

2. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

You may be right, but there's nothing trap or sucker about this line... if anything, I think it's too high. And I actually like the Heat.

(4-4)

Indiana @ Toronto UNDER 186
    Memphis +7.5
    Memphis @ Miami OVER 187

That's it for now. Also blindly bet the Brown game (will not watch lol), but won't include it for record tracking purposes.

3. Rockets9495

I see it as a trap because memphis +8 with their current hot streak seems like a lot of points. hence it being a trap.

4. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Duh, you're right... not sure what I was thinking. It's Friday, I need a beer.

5. poing

poing Member

continuing the degeneracy!

OKC pk
    hornets -3.5
    rockets -8
    pacers -1.5
    knicks -2

6. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

9-7-1 for me I think so far in this thread.

Here are my picks for today: LAC -7.5, Heat -7.5, Nuggets +2, and Bobcats +9 :eek:

I didn't make it in time for the earlier games, but I think both of the sucker lines (NYK and Indy) will cover even though I hate betting against the Wiz in these situations.

As far as the Boston game, I would have taken the Celtics. Their perimeter D (Lee and Bradley) can do a decent job of containing GState's backcourt, which the Warriors rely on for the bulk of their offensive production and KG can shut down Lee.

LAC -7.5... With Irving out, I though this line should be at least double digits. It being less has to do with flop city being on b2b and Cavs playing well without Kyrie recently, but teams eventually come back down to earth.

Heat -7.5... I struggled with this one, because Griz may be a bad matchup for Heat with their size down low and excellent perimeter D (Prince and Allen). I was initially gonna go with Griz +8 as indicated in my earlier post, but changed my mind to Miami -7.5, because I thought the Heat would collapse on Memphis' bigs and force the other guys to beat them. I just didn't think the Griz would be able to get enough offensive production from their wings and pgs to be able to keep the game close. I also agree with those of you who said that this line should be much closer because of Memphi's solid play recently. I don't feel very confident with this pick and I probably should have stayed away.

Nuggets +2... Gallinari is back and this fits the model of a home underdog vs. a public favorite. The game could go either way though.

Bobcats +9... What the hell was I thinking? I saw some value here with both Millsap and Jefferson and even Carrolle being out for Utah and they've been playing poorly lately. Given all that, I thought the spread should be closer to -11 or -12. Please pray for me on this one, lol.

Sorry for the late write ups and feedback, but I was really busy today. I also know that I'm providing this analysis after most of these games have started but here are my betting slips so you know I'm not just betting air:

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

#166 Kwame, Mar 1, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2013
  7. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Pretty sure my OVER is dead in the MEM-MIA game lol. I'm gonna need double OT.

8. BmwM3

BmwM3 Contributing Member

Stanking Raptors! And Stanking Rockets defense. That is all. lol

9. Kwame

Wish I would have made it in time for that Brown game, lol.

Doesn't Miami remember how this team blew them out last time they played in Memphis? Thought the revenge factor would propel the Heat in covering the spread too, smh.

10. BmwM3

I'm thinking the Heat will pull away second half.

11. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

that ****ing 3 by the Magic.... they almost covered

12. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Adding Denver +2.

13. BmwM3

I like Denver tonight as well. Not doing so hot in nba today, so I'm laying low tonight. Might play second half like a degenerate.

14. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

LOL at least second half bets are less degenerate than first half bets (IMO).

Man I super luckboxed the OVER on the Heat game... 12 points in the final 42 seconds lol... that game had no business going over.

15. Kwame

Never again will I even consider betting on the Bobcats. Worst loss of the season for me.

Those missed fts by Miami were brutal.

Hopefully, Denver can cover and I can break even.

I should have just stuck to my original leans.

16. Rockets9495

This is the second night in a row someone has mentioned never betting on a team again. Regression always happens. Charlotte is the worse team in league against spread. Eventually the lines will favor them. It sucks backing them but eventually they will cover.

Lebron and wade missing ft's was rough but they had no business covering that game anyway.

17. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

with the way the OKC game is going im
    0-5 today. Brutal.

18. JD88

JD88 Member

Id like to get back into gambling online, but I dont want to go through the hassle and wait for my winnings. Is there any site that will put your winnings directly back onto your card? Im not trying to go through a huge process of scanning every document with my name on it and sending it to a website.

19. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

I'm pretty sure Vegas has already been adjusting to their awfulness and reflected that in the lines, but sometimes there's nothing you can do about it... how high can they possibly make the lines? I mean, even if they were +15 tonight, I still wouldn't bet on them. I just think there's GOTTA be a better spot for me to get my money in. I hate betting on awful teams.

20. poing

poing Member

3-1-1 on these picks tonight. definitely most disappointed about that rockets game.

12-5-2 on picks made in this thread.