1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Magic 3/1/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 28, 2013.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Well I thought we were talking about to just close out games.

Because with McHale the starters are not always the closers. Because Delfino usually does a lot of things right out there and has to be in to close and that's what Bev did.

He just played really well. It's not a knock on Lin but Bev had a huge impact in that 4th qtr so why not roll with him?

2. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Because the step down from harden and parsons to their backups is much, much larger than the drop off from Lin to his backup.

This isn't difficult to grasp.

3. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

maybe some posters are right. lin is not consistent. he is not getting consistent trust from his head coach. if i were lin, i would have no clue what i should do. i would tell the media "i have no idea".

4. instar

instar Member

WHY U ALL CAPS?

5. parksn306

parksn306 Contributing Member

missed the 4th quarter and just went back to read through the thread...we are a VERY negative group...from like pages 50-70 it was understood that we were gonna miss the playoffs...even after we won people were saying that we suck and are gonna miss the playoffs! lighten up guys! we won! no one here even expected us in the playoffs so nothing's lost

also looks like t-rob is the new whipping boy of the team (lin isnt off the hook yet) but if you look at the box scores i think their SF's really killed us...harkless and harris went 16-22...i cant remember but im gonna assume thats parsons and delfinos assignment...that is just unacceptable...other than that none of their bigs really killed the glass or paint so i think people need to chill out on the t-rob hating a little...he just went through a traumatic experience...playing in sac-town

also i know that the LOF's can be annoying but people need to own up to their actions...going through the thread there were many comments specifically made to bait the LOF's...in particular this guy karolik made an anti-lin comment like every 3 pages...EVEN WHEN lin wasnt playing! yo karolik did lin get your sister pregnant or something? repeatedly trolling a player when hes not even in is just a waste of everyones time! so yes LOF's are annoying, but don't troll them and then complain about them after they respond to your taunts

lets murder the mavs...kobe broke them we will bury them

2 people like this.
  6. lin7rox

lin7rox Member

EVEN IF WE TRADED 2PAT AND TD WHY COULD;T WE KEEP MORRIS

7. lin7rox

lin7rox Member

U R SAYING LIN WOULDN'T OF PLAYD AS WELL HOW SOON THEY FORGET THE OKC GAME

8. lin7rox

lin7rox Member

I WISH EVERYONE WAS WHY IS ALL CAP TABOO I CAN SEE IT BETTER

9. aesthetics80

aesthetics80 Member

Westbrook is a poor example. I think the guy is overrated.

His FG% is the same as Lin, only just gets the freedom to put up 20 shots per game, more than Durant most nights, and has a very high usage. He also has some pretty head scratching decision making at crucial moments.

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Rep and agreed.

I never panicked, I had a feeling that the Magic would throw the game away eventually. We had a really bad stretch in January that we just suddenly broke out of. Lets hope that happens again.

Also agree on Trob. He guarded Harris a few times but each time Harris had to make a tough contested shot. Robinson rotated and kept his feet on the ground. That's one thing I've really liked about him is that he wasn't one of the few falling for fakes. People are just whipping on him now, since he was in the game while the Magic went on a run then it pretty much means it was his fault. Some of them ( a lot of them) blamed him almost entirely for the Bucks game for 'Losing momentum.'

11. Little General

hey lin7rox can you pls not type in all caps? It's really annoying to read.

12. mothman

mothman Member

Bad shooting? Lin had 11 pts from 3/6 50% shooting in 25mins!
    No Defense? Lin held E'Twaun Moore to 2 pts on 1/3 shooting. Moore totalled 9pts of which 7pts came in the 4th Q where Lin was on the bench!

Both Lin & Beverley played well in this game, I'd like to see them played together in the 4th Q for some time.

Harden on the other hand is not playing well, yet the coach put him out there for almost 41mins on a bumped knee! What if the $80million man further injured his knee? They could have played Anderson for stretches, he was pretty composed while he was on the court, played decent defense & was shooting well @ 0.40 3pt%! And perhaps played Lin & Beverley for certain stetches in the 4th Q.

And the fact that Harden needed 18fga to get his 22pts, while he allowed his opponent Arron Afflalo to score 19pts on 14fga! In the final 2:55mins when we were up by 9 pts, Harden shot a ill-advised three with plenty of time left on the shot clock! What was he thinking? No ball movement, with big lead & late in game, don't you want to run down the clock a little?

13. Nook

Nook Member

I agree with you, McHale is right, the trades are killing us at the 4. However I don't think Morey cares, he wants to gamble long term with the young guys and Patterson and Morris were not in the plans.

14. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Member

I went back checking game logs and could not any other starters benched for an entire 4th quarter except for Lin and Asik.

This is not even about Lin and I am not a LOF. McHale's decision to bench his starters for an entire quarter is questionable.

For my two cents, there is no reason not to suspect that he is not entirely on the Lin bandwagon.

15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Nope. I'm saying Beverly played well.

Lin was amazing in the OKC game, if the Rockets get that out of him 4-5 nights they have themselves a all-star caliber player. He wasn't that tonight, played solid but Bev really impacted the game and kept him on the bench hitting huge shots and getting TOs.

Overrated by some, depends on how you rate him. He's still one of the best players in the NBA despite his faults.

16. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Member

I meant the entire 4th quarter

17. lin7rox

lin7rox Member

No prob but if think i was yelling u have mental problems

18. Little General

Wasn't that shot from Delfino? We got the rebound, passed it to Delfino with 17 seconds on the shotclock and he airballed a 3.

19. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

That's too bad. Patterson was my other favorite player, (other than Lin of course). Whenever he's open and shoots, it's almost like a free throw. If he's on or 2 steps inside the 3 point line and makes an open shot attempt, it usually goes in. Why MOREY WHY!!! Why did you let Patterson go! For T-Rob? Seriously? We could have had 2pat and D-Mo, that would have been a great offensive punch. But NOW, NOW, we got T-Rob. Unbelievable.

20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I just don't see how you take out Beverly when he's hitting clutch threes and causing havoc. He accounted for more points than he scored out there in the 4th. Created steals that then created Fastbreak points and then we won the game on that alone in the 2nd half of the 4th.