1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Magic 3/1/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 28, 2013.

1. Little General

If you can show the LOH's where they can go. If you do that, than I will do the LOFS

2. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

Lin this, Lin that... Jebus....

3. lin7rox

lin7rox Member

I love DMO and predicted he would start the first game he played the last couple weeks

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

You are right. This team never went on a funk with those guys. Those guys played great every night, especially Morris and Patterson. Those two brought it every single night.

5. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

sure they can go to ihatejeremylin7.net

there!

6. muas2010

muas2010 Member

LOL...if CP3 was on this team...pretty soon you'll see him on the bench as well. Happens to everyone PG playing for McFail.......I think McFail just has a bad taste for point guards and doesn't deam them as being as effective as the other positions.

7. nirianto

nirianto Member

thank you beverley!

8. lin7rox

lin7rox Member

SO NAME THE TIME HARDEN WAS BENCHED....

9. Little General

I'm willing to give him a third chance. He just needs to get more experience

10. Nook

Nook Member

I believe that McHale sat Asik early in the season at the end of some games and I want to say Parsons once or twice. The only one that hasn't really been sat at the end is Harden and no one can really duplicate what he does.

11. hocash

hocash Contributing Member

McHale is not a good coach. Adjustments would be nice.
    He's much better suited being an assistant focusing on big men. Can't wait until we get someone who knows Xs and Os.
    Our players are young high character guys. They don't a legend like mchale as their coach to do what they need to do. They need a coach who can develop a scheme, draw up plays and make adjustments. And assistants who help develop their skills.
    The NBA boggles me sometimes. About 80% of the coaching staffs are basically worthless. Can we get Lawrence Frank in here? He did wonders with the Nets.

12. Little General

I just went there and it doesn't exist....

13. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Win a game, Lin doesn't get to play much or gets outplayed = drama
    Lose a game - drama
    Win a game and Lin does great- Clutchfans is the most peaceful place on earth.

14. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

exactly. people calling the trade a bust when TROB has only been on the floor for 2 games and 17 total minutes? smh

Also, it freed up a spot for Dmo. Dude is going to be an offensive beast. the defense will come with time. EVERYBODY RELAX!

15. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

you benched your starter only when he won't follow his call or he played so poor or for matchup issue.

16. lin7rox

lin7rox Member

LIKE I SAID B4 MCHALE CAN'T BASH LIN FOR TRYING TO SCORE ONE DAY THEN LET BEV DO WHAEVER HE WANTS THE NEXT I HEARD THIS WITH TD B4 WHERE IS HE NOW

17. muas2010

muas2010 Member

That second San Antonio game and one of the Clippers game.:grin:

18. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

in due time

19. Fighton

Fighton Member

what's with all the talk and hyperventilating about lin not playing well tonight? he played very well! he played exactly the way that mchale wants him to play! what are you all expecting? for him to shoot 100%? he shot 50% for the game, and got to the offense going early on with quick 8 points and 5 assists.

that's what mchale wants him to do! his role in this offense is to be the lead off hitter. play it safe, get the offense going to a quick start and work to get shots for others. that's his role.

he's not being asked to do anything else on offense, so i don't know what everyone is all up in arms about. he's doing exactly what mchale wants him to do. what, you want him to break the offense and go against what the coaches are telling him to do and get called in public again?

i don't have a problem with how lin is playing. not at all. early in the season, yes. now, after understanding more about how the coaches want to him to play? i don't have a problem at all. i do have a problem with how he is being utilized. the rockets could've saved themselves a lot of money by signing derek fisher. he would've given you the same production (well, less assists..)

20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yep. Every starter has been benched multiple times actually in the 4th except for Harden.

Because Harden is a superstar player, best SG in the NBA. Do you see OKC benching Westbrook or Durant EVER in the 4th? Even if Westy is out there clunking up shots?

You roll with these guys win or lose.

Sorry, Lin is not a superstar player. When he gets that clout then he'll play all the time in clutch moments.