1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Bucks @ Rockets 2/27/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 25, 2013.

1. Rockets Pride

Rockets Pride Member

this and the Wash game will cost us playoffs.

2. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

We lost by 3. If they could have two turnovers less, we might have won.

3. VanityHalfBlack

4. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

haha that's what happens when your coach tells you "stop making plays!!! i'm not looking for you to be aggressive and possibly turn it over.....that's James' job!!"

5. peter2012

peter2012 Member

He is a great SG, not PG, but he plays too much PG role and Lin only plays half of his role. I hate to see Harden hole the ball for a few seconds and pass, he wastes so much time for that kind of play.

Sad loss, but lets move on.

6. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

[​IMG]

7. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

or if they just grabbed a freaking defensive rebound down the stretch.

8. rocketman72

rocketman72 Member

Too fookin bad that we did not win....Gotta believe and soldier on....Houston will prevail..

"SIXTH SEED, here we come..."

9. Karolik

Karolik Member

Lin is so disappointing. One good game followed by 3 poor ones. Starting to doubt we see Linsanity again.

10. M4-Nightvision

I saw the play and I was thinking the same thing as you. Harden should of pass to parson.

11. sammsung987

sammsung987 Member

He was trying to get "3 the Harden way". This is what he is and what he does. 9/10 times he will take it all the way. We win with him and lose with him.

12. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

Right on.

Timidness and being scared are internal feelings or states. How can you tell from outside?

We may have seen Lin exhibiting external behaviors like hesitating or passing the ball without taking the shots. There may be reasons that he did them. Have we given him enough benefit of the doubt as to why he did them?

13. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

Hitting home runs in one game followed by 3 leadoff man games.

not going to happen if he is a leadoff man.

14. basketballholic

The numbers speak for themselves in regards to Lin.

When we win, Lin averages almost a turnover more and 2 possessions more of usage than when we lose. When we win Lin averages more points scored than when we lose.

Here's another interesting not to the above statements:

When we win Chandler Parsons scores less points and uses less possessions than when we win.

There's a dynamic here. Lin is deferring too much to Parsons. Parsons, in turn, defers to Harden...and then Harden's usage goes up and his efficiency goes down, his turnovers start to pile up. Go check the data to verify what I'm saying if you can't see it on court.

I agree with the posters that are saying McHale is part of the problem here. McHale doesn't analyze things closely enough. He simply looks at the last game and what happened. He doesn't pay enough attention to trends, etc.

Lin should defer to no one on this team save James Harden. And James has to recognize (and I think he already does) when he is being overplayed and when Lin needs to initiate from the top. I've seen James move over to the wing and wave Lin up top enough to know he can feel when the D is oveplaying him.

Where our problems begin is when Lin then gives up the ball quickly and Parsons winds up initiating offense. Parsons does have a good handle in the open court. And he does have a nice fake and dribble-drive game when defended straight up. But Parsons cannot break down a defender with the dribble and create effectively. He may develop that skill in time (I doubt it). But he doesn't have it right now and he causes too many turnovers. In turn when he can't break down the D, he shovels it to Harden who then has to make do with the few seconds remaining in the shot clock. Hence, too many turnovers for Parsons and too many turnovers for Harden and not enough possessions used by Jeremy.

Once again, Lin should defer to no one on this team except James Harden. He's trying to be too good of a teammate. He's trying to make McHale happy when McHale gets grumpy about his turnovers. And that is the core problem. McHale needs to understand that Lin has to use the second most possession on this current team for them to be at their most effective. NO TEAM in this league can handle both Harden and Lin offensively. Lin is giving up on his dribble way too early and tossing the ball back to Harden and Parsons, thus making both Harden and Parsons use too many possessions.

McHale, Lin, Parsons, and Harden should figure out what Morey probably already knows. Quit spewing if Lin throws a couple in the stands and make sure he uses possessions to either shoot or find someone at the rim for a dunk or find a wide open 3-point shooter after his forays in the paint.

15. dxdx

dxdx Member

Probably won't see it the way he is made to play. Only time he goes 20+ pts is when he consistently hits his 3s- which is effectively almost never.

16. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

Totally agreed.

17. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

Agreed.

18. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Member

Harden was going 100 MPH. I don't think that was a bad play. Sanders just made an amazing block.

Many of Harden's TOs came when he dribbled into a crowd and couldn't get his shot off. I wish Harden could cut down on his TOs but I am okay with his drives because of his high efficiency in turning them into points.

19. fattz

fattz Member

Here is just a thought the Bucks out played us with good players, they are us of the East; a soild, gaurd driven team without may holes in the line up. Where we differ is we will get even better IN TIME.

Saddy they beat us with a 24ft+, turn around, off balance shot at the buzzer from their star player. Yes! it is a loss and Lakers are looking at our play-off spot.

We started a ERA last night. With a NEW POWER-FOWRD (of the future). PLUS got 8 mins. from the 5th pick in the draft (who can only get better). The rotation was not smooth but will get better in time.

This loss is on "DMtheGM" not McFail and players LAST NIGHT and I will take this loss ever time for a better future and that is what we have a BETTER FUTURE but it takes time.

PLUS, the Bucks are a good team, now (just like us).

20. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

another thing i am thinking about harden is i would find ways to give harden easy baskets if i were the coach. harden played so many mins. the season is so long and brutal. spot up shooting might help him alot and it would save his energy. harden is deadly spot up shooter. i saw many times he buried those wide open 3 pts easily. let lin do majority pg job until the last min or two. i am ok with harden taking over at the end. he is the best player on the team.