1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Donatas Motiejunas will start against the Bucks Wednesday

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Commodore, Feb 26, 2013.

1. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

DMO was terrific!
    first time he gets significant minutes and he plays like a boss! :eek::eek::eek:

Looking forward to a great career ...a key piece to rockets champ. team....

2. luckytxn

luckytxn Member

DMo played well his first game. He did make a few mistakes and was beat afew times on defense but no more so than any other player on the team. Definitely liked a lot of things I saw from DMo.

3. thekad

thekad Member

McHale's love of playing guys out of position lives on. Honestly, it's really hard to watch at this point.

Extremely small sample size, but DMo's per minute/possession stats are impressive. 20/6/3 per 36, 18.6 PER, .148 WS/48.

4. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

DMo showed excellent rebound, passing, offensive spacing and post skills. he's got a long long way to go on defense. That said, i remain confident that he can be a 19/9 guy sometime in the next couple of years. This guy is gonna be a major part of our future. There is absolutely no reason to trade DMo. He should be untouchable.

5. clubberclyde

clubberclyde Member

Agree 110%

6. Ultramagnus

Ultramagnus Rookie

Not bad for his first start. Made some notable plays.

Thing I noticed were the rebounds that he couldn't corral and secure immediately. Looked like he had small hands or something. Something to work on definitely.

Like in the pre-season and the first part of the season, the Rockets looked sloppy but we all know this will get better over time.

Familiarity issues with the new starter (D-Mo) and new rotation player (T-Rob).

Nowhere to go but up for D-Mo.

7. rockets2012

rockets2012 Member

Dmo sucks on defense and excels in offense last night. Clyde and Worell commented a couple times about his conditioning last night, as he's obviously very tired after a few minutes on the court. Looks like he's still best suited for the backup 4 role.

Trob does have potential, but he's a total mess on the court last night.

With the way Delfino costing us clutch rebound/low post defense in last couple of games, we may have to give a chance to TJ(at least some minutes first).

1 person likes this.
  8. smr6

smr6 Member

He struggled on defense, but not for lack of effort.

He was just out of position on some possessions that turned into some baskets for the Bucks, but that is more easily corrected than a player just not caring or not being interested in defense.

9. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

still better than patterson.

10. bball7

bball7 Contributing Member

DMo Highlights

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/HTaUe8Zievs?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

11. luckytxn

luckytxn Member

I agree. He just needs time to settle in. He has the skills.

12. mirus

mirus Member

how much improved is dmo (offense & defensive wise)? cant watch games lately. :)

13. rickyli

rickyli New Member

I think DMO played well in both ends

14. rickyli

rickyli New Member

I think DMO played well in both ends, but he can play even better in D esp the Rox is lack of shot blocker

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Dmo struggled on PnR defense, not on one on one, he held his ground and was playing to his height.

He is a WIP, it will only get better from here.

DD

16. onreego

onreego Member

True but for his first start as a rookie you'd have to admit he did fairly well. He made just as many mistakes as the rest of team. Like the team, he's young and he'll learn.

I don't want to catch onto the hype that a lot of people are building but I like what I'm seeing so far.

17. Bogey

Bogey Contributing Member

The more I see him play the more I think he will be an 18/9 type of player that fits perfect for this team. I think by the end of the year, we might not want to drop a boat load of money on Smith or Millsap or Jefferson. The only types of players I would even think of moving him for would be a Love or LMA type of player.

18. Lil Lee

Lil Lee Contributing Member

Missed the game last night, but saw some of his highlights. I'm VERY impressed. He's what I would like to call a diamond in the rough. With more experience and possible some bulking up, I expect big things from him. Keep it up D-MO.

19. bizzyboi

bizzyboi Member

This.

20. thedude077

thedude077 Member

I rather see The Wolf, Robinson and Jones play than Deldino or Parsons playing the 4. Though, I want to see Terrence Jones Play more than Robinson. Thomas Robinson is looking lost. I'll give him time though.