1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is it me or is T-Rob looking lazy in his first mins???

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by aaly1130, Feb 27, 2013.

1. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

His kinda looks like Terrence William in that clutchfans.net front page photo.

2. ooox

ooox Member

Probably the same height as Williams also.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

the lip?

4. JMG524

JMG524 Member

Was watching tape on this kid in Sacramento and saw a lot of the same lack of hustle and standing around watching the ball on many plays. Keith Smart was getting on him about his inconsistent energy level and wanted him to play more like Kenneth Faried.

5. bootsdaddy

bootsdaddy Member

That's an insult to schoolgirls...

6. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

he wasn't with the Rockets last year, btw..

7. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Not really impressed, what's up with the height measurements these days. A guy 6'10 was really 6'9 / 6'10 back in the day. This guy is closer to 6'7...

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Nope... he is actually the next Nate Kryptonite

9. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

The Barkley Effect!!! When you look at picture of Jordan and Barkley together, both listed at 6-6. When they stand together, Jordan is taller and add to the fact that Barkley signature shoes (Air Max) add to his height.

10. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Perception can be deceiving.

The man measured a legit 6'9 with shoes at the combine. He has the same height as Kevin Love and David Lee. Get over it people.

11. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

This. It is in bad and frustrating losses that you separate the wheat from the chaff. Stupidity reaching a crescendo here.

12. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

I think Mchale's sessions with him must have made him tentative. As he's thinking where can I make my post moves?

Let him just concentrate on getting inside position for the rebounds and getting out in transition for defense. Don't worry about any post moves. Let him play his game at this point.

13. Rocket_Man_2.0

He does look kinda like T-Will...thats not a good sign!!:mad::eek:

14. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

seriously, what the **** can you do in 7 minutes of playing time?

15. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Agreed. Folks, enjoy your premature knee-jerk hate much? I know you're butt hurt over losing Pat, but dont try to torpedo TRob before he's had a chance to really play. You can't deduce anything from last night...seriously.

16. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

When you get on a new team, coach told you lots of stuff to think about. A lot of folks just don`t want to screw up in their first few game, especially when your self esteem is low because your first team traded you after a couple of months.

Too much thinking makes you slower - and that may seem like you are lazy.

Give him time - he needs to get the system down and comfortable with the team. After that you can make your first real judgement.

17. lwlee

lwlee Member

Me, too. I was surprised at how "average" his size was. Reading his press about being 6'10" and how highly touted he was, I was thinking he was gonna look bigger than Paterson or Morris. He looks the same size. Didn't really show anything in the brief time he was out there. Hoping he pans out.

18. KevinG1015

KevinG1015 Member

We should listen to this guys "conspiracy theory." He can't even spell McHale or Morey right, but he wants to educate us on conspiracy theories... :confused:

19. tonguyen

tonguyen Rookie

Just try to fit in

T-Rob just tried to fit in give him a couple games then we could judge him by then. I like his speed good fit with our full court offense, too aggressive on defense cause fouls trouble but he will learn eventually.

1 person likes this.
  20. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Two games? It took Larry Sanders almost a 2 full seasons to develop into a most capable NBA starting center. Before that, people thought he was a bust. You cannot judge a young player in a new team in such a short time.