1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Facebook] Jeremy Lin answers fan questions 2/26

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ind0fo0, Feb 26, 2013.

1. BleedRed

BleedRed Member

Trolling again as usual fake Lin fan? Niceeee

2. OpportunityCost

Hard to believe that Lin is a Rocket player with all the trolling he gets. You would think he played for Utah or some other team that Rockets' fans don't like, or is some idiot with an inflated ego. Nevertheless the goons are out there frothing at the mouths looking for any and every opportunity to nitpick and troll on a, IMO, very humble Rocket player.

1 person likes this.
  3. BleedRed

BleedRed Member

Yup they need to ban trolls who go around trying to rile Lin fans in some completely random and perfectly good threads.

4. OpportunityCost

It seems that LOF is used to refer to fans who followed Jeremy from the Knicks to the Rockets, and are thought to not be Rockets fans and don't care about the Rockets but just Jeremy. First, how does anyone know this? Was a poll taken of each new CF member post-Jeremy signing verifying this? Or is this just some great big assumption that has morphed into a common held belief b/c it's repeated over and over? If it is true is it possible that they followed him here and began to like the Rockets too? Even if that is not the case, I am sure Yao had millions of fans who would've never watched the Rockets prior to his signing with the Rockets. So this is not totally unprecedented.

5. wapz

wapz Member

Jeremy would you have pushed hibbert farther than your buddy, lee?

also, do you think you would have been slammed to the floor faster than your buddy, curry?

6. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

A majority of the Yao fans were respectful of the community, the ones that weren't ended up getting themselves banned and went to start yaomingmania.com.

Exactly like this batch, but to my knowledge none of yall have started jlinmania.com. You either adapt or depart...we will not change the community to suit fans of one player. Like it or not, thats the way it is.

7. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

We know this from experience.

8. NotApollo33

NotApollo33 Member

Because xclearscreen never comment on threads relating to the Dream, Barkley, Ppat, Morey or rockets in general...

9. manning

manning Member

10. gengar

gengar Member

Man talk about hysteria...no one is trying to change this site for a player...there's something wrong with you man

11. RollingWave

RollingWave Member

pffff, pub player! no one plays those hero in competitions!! (completely miss point) :grin:

12. JustaFan

JustaFan Member

Say what you want about Lin but where ever he goes the story follows. Last year it was Linsanity in NY. This year it's the underachieving Lakers trying to make a late playoff push and who is right smack in the middle of the story...that's right, Jeremy Lin and the Rockets. Harden is the bigger star but Lin shines brighter. He brought the spotlight with him to Houston, too bad some fans don't even appreciate it. Applying for my LOF card...

13. cytrynowa

cytrynowa Member

Dislike of his only-fans doesn't equal dislike of Jeremy himself.

You guys are separate organisms from him, you know.

14. Parpar2j

Parpar2j Member

Jeremy Lin 2/26/13 Impromptu Facebook Q&A

Q: Is Tyson Chandler still your friend ?
    A: yes! he came to my foundation event during all star weekend...we will always remember our times on the court last year
    Q: favorite boba tea flavor?
    A: i pretty much always get passion fruit pearl milk tea
    Q: when did u meet the jubilee project? :) loved the last pick.
    A: i was in the same christian fellowship as eddie and eric from jubilee project so ive known them for a while...theyre awesome!
    Q: If you're not a basketball player, what other sports you think you would excel?
    A: soccer. i used to play center midfield and just run around the whole field the whole game...it was so fun lol. i miss it
    Q: What are you going to do after the Q/A? eat mcchicken? hahaha
    A: hahah i wish but i dont get to eat much fast food during the season. im gonna sleeeeeeeeep
    Q: what's your favorite disney character?
    A: puumba. hes just awesome
    Q: i should ask, how do u like stinky tofu?
    A: its gross! its called stinky tofu for a reason hahah
    Q: favorite street fighter?
    A: ryu, blanka or ehonda
    Q: bro... do you even lift?
    A: i sure do. im 65 pounds heavier than the next closest person in my family haha. having said that, im still really weak relative to the nba
    Q: Do you miss Palo Alto?
    A: absolutely...my favorite city in the whole world! nothing like home
    Q: How do you spell temporal?
    A: tempurrroleeee
    Q: Favorite all time movie
    A: too many to chose from but i love the usual suspects, italian job, shooter and forgetting sarah marshall
    Q: what do you miss most about new york
    A: the fans! i love the fans!!
    Q: If you play Mario Kart, what player do you choose?
    A: wario! haha i really dont know why but i loved being him
    Q: Have you ever been to Costco?
    A: of course! must give a shoutout to the churros and berry smoothies
    Q: how tall were you in 8th grade????
    A: i was 5'3" as an incoming freshman in high school and a lot of girls were taller than me...it was kinda sad
    Q: Enter a Karaoke contest or dance competition.... both are solo!
    A: either. im confident i could win both contests haha jk
    Q: What is your greatest fear?
    A: looking back and feeling like i wasted my life not living for God or not giving my best effort/wasting opportunities
    Q: any YouTube collabs in mind?? :)
    A: thats a surprise lol. but i would just say nothing until the offseason for sure
    Q: have you ever thought "I just wanna quit" ?
    A: definitely during really tough times, but God and the people around me kept encouraging me to press on and persevere. without them, i wouldnt be here today
    Q: you really can play piano?
    A: wait for the next youtube video coming out soon!
    Q: Did you ever have doubt?
    A: absolutely! but God empowered me and gave me strength when I needed it most
    Q: Favorite Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle?
    A: leonardo, im a fan of the double sword. i had a ninja turtle blanket that was awesome
    Q: Favorite bible verse?
    A: romans 8:28, romans 5:3-5, john 15:5
    Q: In N Out or 5 guys?
    A: come on! in n out and its not even close!!!
    Q: Do you have an instagram account?
    A: Yes...literally just started it today. Username is JLIN7
    Q: Favorite food?
    A: dim sum (cooked by my mom), sushi or seafood
    Q: what's your favorite pokemon?
    A: blastoise! he is a BEASTTTTT
    Q: what is your relationship with God like? (and what can we pray for you for!)
    A: you can pray that the gospel message means more to me everyday and that i work on surrendering everything (career, future, relationships, etc) to God
    Q: would you rather fight 100 duck-sized horses or 1 horse-sized duck?
    A: 1 horse-sized duck. im not intimidated by a duck, im really scared of horses. they have strong glutes haha
    Q: Can I borrow $20?
    A: yes if i get to charge interest
    Q: What's your favorite dessert?
    A: fresh oven-baked chocolate chip cookie with vanilla ice cream on top...delicioussss
    Q: Whats your favorite korean food?
    A: kalbi and seafood pajean
    Q: what came first the chicken or the egg?
    A: in my opinion, the chicken because if the egg came first the chicken would be trapped on the outside lol
    Q: Volvo or saab??
    A: obviously volvo!!
    Q: Favorite drink?
    A: jamba juice smoothies! mango a go go to be specific
    Q: favorite video games?
    A: halo 3, dota 2, nintendo 64 for the throwback answer hahah
    Q: Why can't I be as Asian as you are?
    A: because your last name has too many syllables. asians tend to have one syllable last names... (*NOTE: the guy's last name was Peralta)
    Q: When will you get a left hand and a jump shot?
    A: i currently do have a left hand and a jumpshot however neither are consistently effective right now. but thats something to work on for the future
    Q: Who is your favorite DOTA 2 hero? :)
    A: im so glad you asked this. my favorites are spiritbreaker, phantom assassin, tidehunter and ogre magi
    Q: How do you read so many comments in such a short time?
    A: i took a course at harvard specifically on impromptu facebook q&a's lol
    Q: can you hold off the Lakers?
    A: thats what were hoping to do! hopefully we put together a nice winning streak and make it up to the 5, 6 or 7 seed and wont have to worry about squeezing into the playoffs
    A: i tried to grow the beard like harden but it just ended up being whiskers...smh
    A: Thanks for all the questions...I had fun! Dont forget to vote for your favorite organization here: mad.jeremylinfoundation.org #MakingADifference

15. jeddah

jeddah Member

Lol...welcome to the club buddy...just be clearheaded in some days when the forum is quite unbearable for Lin fans...and do not anger the vets here...

16. jeddah

jeddah Member

:confused: I used multi-quote but I can't see the quote in my initial response...

17. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

What a stupid question, it is like asking Lin, who is your favorite coach McHale, or D'Antoni :grin:

18. CarolNYC

CarolNYC Contributing Member

Thanks for posting the summary.

19. carayip

carayip Member

Seriously, would he answer McHale or D'Antoni? :confused:

20. leejl01

leejl01 Member

anyone know his dota2 handle?