1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Donatas Motiejunas will start against the Bucks Wednesday

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Commodore, Feb 26, 2013.

1. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

Oh yeah, that's it. White owners/GM's are steering clear of white players strictly because of their skin color.

I would have said undersized bigs that score well around the basket but hey, you could be on to something !!!

2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I can't speak for Commodore, but my guess is that he was joking. I certainly hope so.

3. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I think you're right. There are white players that test out athletically and have excellent production in school, yet drop like stones in the draft. I think race definitely plays a role. Morey's statistical analysis cuts against that in many ways. Statistical analysis is blind. He finds Chandler Parsons and Chase Budingers; neither of which should have slipped as far as they did. I know I'm gonna get flamed for saying it, but I'm positive racial stereotypes play a role.

4. dayanm

dayanm Member

Awesome pic, anyone have a pic of Young's facial expression at that moment? :cool:

5. G Zus Kryst

G Zus Kryst Rookie

No slang!...............hyp·o·crite

6. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I remember years ago when DMO was a legit #1 draft pick. What a good potential value. Cannot wait to see him get 20 starts under his belt.

The rest of 2012+another offseason in our program+20 pounds should roll out the perfect compliment to Asik.

He really is fast offensively.

7. G Zus Kryst

G Zus Kryst Rookie

2 7 footers r undersized?

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. BleedRed

BleedRed Member

I don't think the theory is unrealistic, that said, it would usually be among second round players where the difference in skill levels could be harder to differentiate. The scouting is too sophisticated among the top players for people to overlook talented players regardless of color or race.

9. Code Red

Code Red Member

I AM EXCITED!

10. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

All I'm saying is that I do think stereotypes play a roll, even if only a slight one.

11. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

I don't think D-Mo is one of those undervalued player types. He was a first round guy and similar prospects (tall atheletic european scorers) have gone as high as #1 overall. Actually, I'd say he's probably the least undervalued on the team. Almost everyone would say he's a high upside player that may or may not reach his potential. But, most folks have or would have questioned every one of our other rotation guys moving into their new roles, before the season started.

12. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

he is eastern european machine!

13. konver5ation

konver5ation Member

That's obvious;y the point. He has a skill very few NBA players have thus requiring a gameplan to contain it.

NBA players are creatures of habit... leave left driving lanes routinely open, the counter clockwise reverse spin, etc. from habitually matching up with right-hand dominant players. Until the league is put on ontice he can take it strong either way, spin either way, sky hook either way, he has a chance to put up amazing numbers.

If anyone has a problem with that logic, then you're not watching the NBA.

14. konver5ation

konver5ation Member

Exactly NOT what I'm saying.

15. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

Commodore would have a point, if the Rockets were perrenial playoff contenders and had overlooked players. I love DMo, but he is kinda being overrated by the majority of members here because he really hasnt proven anything.

16. G Zus Kryst

G Zus Kryst Rookie

17. xlr817

xlr817 Member

Hopefully no wolves!:cool:

18. Raven

Raven Member

Will D-Mo have a 20 point game if he continues to start this season?

:)

19. G Zus Kryst

G Zus Kryst Rookie

wut years were they not playoff continders with morey?......all years with wining records....no rebuildin.........

20. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

overlooked players= white players