1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I miss Houston

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by AroundTheWorld, Feb 26, 2013.

1. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

forget Mattress Mac, I'm talking about Cal Worthington and his dog Spot.

2. AbrahamLincoln

maaaaaaaaan I know what you mean. Ive been gone for 7 years now, and i lived there for over 21 years before I moved. I think i follow the Rockets and Texans more than ever because it reminds me of home and all the things I miss. Can't find good Mexican food or BBQ up here in NY. And I can't golf win the winter. I much prefer southern living.

3. cheke64

cheke64 Member

We put that yeehawww back in your motors and transmissions.

And that's a fact jack! En espanol en espanol

4. TISNF

TISNF Member

Similar sentiments, though not quite as nostalgic. Moved away in '99; last visited about the same time as you did, maybe a decade ago. I really don't talk to a single person from Houston anymore unfortunately, and like you I keep up with Houston "through" the Rockets (always will be loyal!).

Definitely miss the food, the rodeo, the Rockets, but not too much else. I think I'd like it there if I were to go back, but at the same time I've had the opportunity to live and work in other parts of the world, and getting used to traveling without need for a vehicle would probably hinder my opinions of Houston.

5. SK34

SK34 Member

I may have seen you before. Do you go there often? Hakeem was there yesterday. Maybe, he'll be there today. He comes there often to pray Isha when in Houston.

6. G Zus Kryst

G Zus Kryst Rookie

best Deutsch resterant in htown iz?

7. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

If you make the trip we need to get a beer and possibly a Rockets Luxury Suite for a game.

For serios.

8. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

That would be great :).

9. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

The pretty latina population has dwindled. The beatiful milano women are on the rise though.

10. NateNate

NateNate Member

10 years is a long time but in terms of growth of a city is it THAT long?

Actually thinking about it, there have been many projects in that time period.. Discovery Green, The loop blah blah etc. Speaking of the loop, my only complaint of all the new development is that a lot of it is geared toward the "upper class", there aren't many "middle class residential developments". I would love to live in upper kirby, or many of the newer urban developments... Eh

11. houston#1

houston#1 Rookie

Why you move out? Where do you live? If you miss Houston, then you should come back here.

12. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I only studied there for a year. I'm from Germany.

13. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

How did that work? Did you just do one year of law school here?

I'm amazed at the development on the West side of town...the growth around the area I grew up in and live in now. A lot of that has happened over the last 10 years or so.

14. Hicklander

Hicklander Contributing Member

Houston has got to be the capital of mixed women...What a great title to have and WOW are they beautiful.... I married one by the way...

15. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I miss frequently quite often especially this:
    [​IMG]

That said I don't think I could live in Houston again. I've gotten too used to living in a medium sized city where I can walk or bike to most places. I don't miss the traffic and having to drive everywhere.

16. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

That's kinda why so many would like to live in/around our area though. My wife and I got lucky and bought land and a home during the downturn in housing and there were homes for sale everywhere in this area. Now, nothing at all. Like, NADA. I literally have people walking their dogs asking me how much I'd sell me house for, now. The housing in the inner loop can't even keep pace with demand. I love it seeing as I'll be selling the home in 5-10 years right when everything should be built and the value's have done nothing but gone up.

Link from CultureMap.

17. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I can relate but luckily I'm just a 4 hour drive away so I try and make it down as much as possible for Rockets and Astros games. Would probably move back down if not for the wife's family.

18. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

similar in my area. my business partner found an unsolicited letter on his door to buy his house for about $100K more than what he would have asked for.

there are 2 houses on the market in my neighborhood right now, with 11 contracts out. crazy.

19. DreamRoxCoogFan

there's way more Muslims and minorities here now, you'll probably hate it. Too much diversification and acceptance up in this town. Just cherish the memories from a distance. A far, far distance.

20. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

last ten years? you would love midtown and washington ave