1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

King fans' input on T-Robb's future.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Geronimo, Feb 24, 2013.

1. jocar

jocar Member

Dude, they're already pissed about their organization. I kinda feel bad for them. Way to rub in some salt and ass wipe a skid mark across that wound.

2. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Morey mediocre? ?? D-FUQ?

He got his hands on a franchise player WITHOUT GOING HIGH IN THE LOTTERY or having another franchise player already in place!!!

Not to mention he overturned the whole roster, went young, and made an even better team!

What Morey has done this past year has been nothing short of spectacular!

3. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

Dude I was thinking the same thing. Was it a prick move to passively shine on their site? Maybe, but this is sports, trash talkung is part of sports. If you dont like, go watch gymnastics or something.

Too many ppl playing dad and judging him how he should approach ppl but in the same token are judging him lol its lame.

I agree I thought about how douche-y Kings fans were back when they were killing it, they werent polite fans, remember the cow bells? Nuff said

4. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

Thats lame man. Better check your sensitivity at the door when talking sports

5. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

thats one thing, but giong to someone else's site is a no no. How would you feel if a lakers fan just started spewing Kobe and Mitch Kuptchack nonsense on our front page?

Yea, exactly I'm sure you wouldn't be too kind with youre responses.

6. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

How ironic is it that the fans that have no respect for other people boards like the lakers and mavericks have won championships lately. Our time is coming though. Going for our third championship soon!

7. edlkf

edlkf Contributing Member

8. Geronimo

Geronimo Member

OP here

Yeah, that wasn't cool of me, I went over there and redid my post, took out any gloating and gave a descriptive and sincere apology. I also made sure to let them know that at the time I started that thread, I completely forgotten about their situation on the team possibly moving to Seattle, which is the 100 percent, the honest truth.

I feel terrible for rubbing salt in the wound and had I known about the Seattle situation, there's no way I would added in gloating or anything about Morey the Wizard.

The original intent was to swap input on the players in the trade, and I did just that minus any gloating that we got the better deal.

9. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Please sir, feel free to create your OWN BOARD and DECORATE it anyway that you like....

On behalf of the the KISS Committee... (Keep It Simple Stupid)...

Thanks and come again....

T_Man

10. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

You may be of the opinion that others can talk trash as long as you can talk trash back. I'm of the opinion there are better ways of getting enjoyment out of your day than ****ting on someone else's team. Likewise, I can talk trash to other fans but I'd rather not.

It may be weird to associate etiquette with sport, but I guess that's where you and I differ.

11. Geronimo

Geronimo Member

I had an urge to troll at first but decided to post there just get input on T-Robb, however a little bit of that urge came back, hence the gloating. It was passive aggressive and my mistake. Their fans are great, some of them even gave decent information and didn't even show me the same disrespect back.

12. leejl01

leejl01 Member

13. Geronimo

Geronimo Member

Latest poster in their thread gave a great analysis on T-Robb:

I think a lot of the criticism that has been made of TRob by King's fans is pretty unwarranted and has more to do with the perpetual cloud of doom lingering over this franchise (that will continue to linger until we find out what the BOG decide regarding the sale of the team) than his actual ability. No he hasn't set the league on fire yet. He's not Damian Lillard. A lot of fans wanted us to draft a SF or a post defender so the attitude with Robinson has been "prove that you're worth taking 5th". But... I'll make an attempt to be reasonably objective regarding his capabilities. He's the type of player that fans (typically) fall in love with. When he's motivated he'll hustle his butt off and fly up and down the court. He can be a very tenacious rebounder. He's very athletic for a guy his size, not Blake Griffin level but probably just one step below. With Lin and Harden in the backcourt, he's going to be an asset right away because of his athleticism. Those guys are both creative passers and Robinson can finish above the rim.

He also has some developing outside skills -- he can handle the ball a little bit in the open court though he's turnover prone if he's facing pressure. He can shoot the outside jumper out to the top of the key. The percentages don't back that up yet, but you can see that he has good form and more importantly he's consistent enough with his release that they should start dropping for him more frequently if he keeps at it. Some people see him eventually being better suited for the SF position if he continues to work on those areas because he moves will enough to play that position (certainly defensively) and he has trouble scoring in post isolation situations.

Which leads me to the area he needs to improve the most. He simply cannot finish in the paint over NBA defense. Far too often this season we've seen him catch the ball in the post, pivot to the basket and get his shot swatted. He doesn't have the footwork that an advanced post scorer like Cousins has where he can make a counter move and find a seam. It's also surprising for such a capable athlete that he doesn't really get much elevation on his post moves. It's not really that he's undersized for the position, it's just that he plays right into the defense and seems to be in a hurry to get any shot up there instead of playing to his strengths, using a fake, and dunking the ball. Some of that is instinctual and some of it can be taught. Kevin McHale ought to be a good mentor for him in this area. There's no reason for a guy with his strength, long arms, and jumping ability to get blocked nearly that much. I think he'll grow out of it, but that's a judgement call based on his good work ethic and it's hard to know which guys will get better in the league and which will not.

The other issue with Robinson, which I hinted at before, is that when he's not motivated he's doing nothing to help the team. He'll walk up and down the court, play passive on the defensive end, and throw up long jumpers. None of this is pleasant to watch. I think this is the biggest reason he's being talked about as a bust. But if you look up and down our roster you can find examples of every one of them under-performing this season. And Robinson has had moments where he looks like the guy we thought we were getting when we drafted him. The coaching/management on this team has seriously gotten so bad that it's hard for me to find fault with the players anymore for not being ready to play. For instance, under Paul Westphal Tyreke Evans was one of the most exciting young players in the league. Under Keith's Smart's "leadership" he looks like a poor man's Andre Igoudala.

I'm happy for Robinson that he's getting out of this dysfunctional situation and onto a team that's made a lot of positive progress this season. I think he could have been a solid building block for us, but the important thing for this franchise right now is to clear out the stink of the Maloofs and start over. Everything else is secondary. We got robbed in this trade, but I'm sure the blame lies entirely on our horrible front office. I'll say this for Morey though, turning all of the miscellaneous parts he'd stockpiled into Lin, Harden and Asik looks like a stroke of genius right now. That he's managed to build all of that without sacrificing many assets (you still have T. Jones, Motiejunas -- who I like a lot as a stretch 4/5, Parsons, and now TRob) makes him the front runner for executive of the year in my opinion. If you can manage to maintain that playoff spot and keep the Lakers on the outside looking in, we'll call it even.

14. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

this is very helpful. Thanks for sharing this!