1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If Robinson can give this team 7-10 rebounds a game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by utgrad97, Feb 22, 2013.

Tags:
  1. koopa

koopa Member

Well if he can rebound but is a scoring liability..i'd prefer a 3 point shooting pf in delfino rather than his rebounding

2. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

I wouldn't say he was even weak when he'd got 6 rebounds in 23 minutes.

3. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

And when Asik is not on the floor?

4. basketballholic

We need more offense at the 4 and less offense at the 5. Asik has way too many turnovers. He should be a put back garbage man only. Catch the ball high, pass it, head the the bucket to board. He simply can't handle the basketball right now. Defensively, we need more boards from the 4. DMo and TRob are both going to help in that regard and they are both fast and run the floor extremely well.

I've seen enough of the Delfino/Parsons combo at the forward spot. Only works if both guys are red hot from distance. When Delfino goes cold like last night, it doesn't work because Delfino doesn't have enough defense in his game, not big enough to guard PFs, and not quick enough to defend most starting SFs. Delfino needs to come off the bench. We have to start either DMo or TRob next to Asik. I think it should be DMo. And TRob should come on with DMo as soon as we give Asik a break. We should only flop to that small ball lineup with Parsons/Delfino after the game starts and we can see that Delfino is getting wide open spot up shots and canning them.

5. utgrad97

utgrad97 Member

He got 1 rebound against Brooklyn, which is when I posted.

6. utgrad97

utgrad97 Member

How did that work out last night when Delfino was abused in the paint in the last 2 minutes of the game?

7. larry cook

larry cook Member

are you nutz:confused: delfino is good for certain situations, natural power forwards excel at rebounding, its almost second nature to them;)

8. RoxBro

RoxBro Member

I agree! I dont know what he was thinking with putting Delfino at the 4. Now with Smith hurt we are really in a bind for size downlow. I think Jones needs to get some burn, finally.

9. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

J.J. Hickson logged his 30th double-double on Sunday with 11 points and 11 boards, adding three assists and one steal in 30 minutes against the Celtics.
    He joins David Lee, Zach Randolph and Nikola Pekovic as the only players in the league with 30 double-doubles.

So, this is what i'm hoping Robinson turns out to be. Clearly the other guys on this list have much better track-records, so no, i'm not saying that his ceiling is JJ Hickson. i'm hoping that he plays better defense for one thing. But the rest of the guys on this list are excellent players who are vital to their team's success. There's no reason why Robinson can't be an 11-11 guy; and if he can do that while being serviceable defensively, we've found ourselves someone special.

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

You can't play Asik and TRbo together, you have to have some offense on the floor......

Rebounds are great - but you don't get any points for a rebound.

DD

11. M4-Nightvision

should play trob, creates some alley oops with lin, and he can rebound .

12. opx

opx New Member

Thomas Robinson Last Game as a King (2/19/13)

Thomas Robinson Last Game as a King (2/19/13)

[youtube]BbLets2L4-M[/youtube]