1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

how many of you are true rocket fans???

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketsball2003, Feb 25, 2003.

1. rocketsball2003

i was just wondering how many of you guys are true rocket fans and who are the bandwagoners( aka "i like the rockets because of yao ming" fans)

me personaly ive lived in houston all my life and i am a big time homer, i love the rox texans astros and even the aeros.. i really dont keep up with the comets but i know we kick a$$.

and all of you fans out there that are just rocket fans becuase of yao or even who ever its cool... theres enough room for you.

but ive been seeing alot of bashing in here and it kinda just makes me wonder whos side are we on

if you think you are a true rocket fan let it be known right here and let us know why... im wondering how many of us are out here

2. sosorox

sosorox Member

I like them because I was born in Houston. I remember watching the finals when I was like 8.

3. mycatuity

mycatuity Member

do you want to see 1 billion Yao Ming fans come in and cheer for rockets or you'd rather see a half empty compaq center with a bunch of die hard rox fans only?

4. rocketsball2003

like i said there is enough room for you:D

5. scotia

scotia Contributing Member

So, what's ur point? Of cuz I am yao fan then rox fan. My favor team before was Raptors (I am in Toronto). I am going to just follow him where ever he plays. That's also the reason why I joined this board.
    But I don't bash SF and CM...
    BTW, if u guys want to trade him for somebody, we (Raptors) will give u the whole time(except VC) for Yao :D

6. zhaozhilong

zhaozhilong Member

I became a Rox fan because of Yao Ming.

Between "Rox losing with Yao having high stats", and "Rox winning with Yao having low stats", I prefer Rox winning.

Simple as that.
    Am I a TRUE Rox fan? Maybe not as true as you.
    But am I a Rox fan? Definitely. Because I don't only read posts about Yao on this board. I care. Or, I do "give a damn" in your way of saying it...:D :D :D :cool: :cool: :cool:

7. Darrinlane

Darrinlane Member

I wouldn't take the whole team INCLUDING the oft injured VC for Ming.

8. carayip

carayip Member

I like the Rockets because of Hakeem but stays as a fan even when Hakeem retired. Does it make me a bandwagoner? :confused:

9. Glyyde

Glyyde Member

I start watching NBA in Rockets 2nd championship year and have since been Rockets fan..... looking at how the rocks fall from a sure playoff team to lottery team..... I am still a Rockets fans!!

btw, I am from Malaysia and wonder if there's anyone from my country who is also a Rockets fans? As most of my friends seems to be fans of Kings, Lakers, Trailblazers..... whoever is doing really good.....

10. gotoloveit2

gotoloveit2 Contributing Member

I AM NOT a true Rocket Fan. I am a SF and Cat lovers. I dont care if we stay as a .500 team, as long as they both keep scoring. Forget about Yao, let trade him for another ball hogger. :rolleyes: I must admit sometimes I did real stupid thing, like responding to this kind of thread.

11. Shrimpie

Shrimpie Member

I am a bandwagon fan ( aka "i like the rockets because of yao ming" fans). I wish Yao Ming can be traded to another team ASAP so I don't have to cheer for the same team with some bonehead like you (aka rocketsball2003).

Shrimpie

12. orien

orien Member

everyone has his/her reason. is it really important?
    whatever the real ROX fan or not, at least, we are the same right now, we have the same aim to win.

:rolleyes:

13. NUMBER1HR

NUMBER1HR Member

Born, Raised, Will Die in Houston. I have never and will never cheer for any team outside of Houston. My schedule revolves around the Rockets. My little boy wears his rockets shorts, with his Francis jersey with is Rockets shoes I bought off of E bay and his Rockets Socks I also bought off of E bay every game. Im only 21 and my little boy is 15 months old. I know I am raising another ROCKETS fan. To Answer your question. My Wife, My son and I are all TRUE! Rockets fans and will always be Rockets fans. I have watched every single game since I was 9.

14. jamalccc

jamalccc Member

This kind of meaningless threads need to stop. Who gives you the rights to decide who's true and who's not. I am a Yao fan, then became a Rockets fan, and so what? People love players, and then love the team they play on. That's natural. Otherwise, Rockets fans will only be confined in Houston area, do you like that???

Stop b****ing!!! Guys like you are trying to divide the fan base here.

15. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

rocketsball2003
    What is the meaning of a "fan"? Can you define it at all?

16. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Classic...

Of the Rox fans out there in Houston, it's a disgrace to see the Compaq center so empty...

I'm kinda ashamed at nationally televised games cause it shows that H-town as having no fan support, unlike the Texans...

17. ewfd

ewfd Member

I grew up near Beaumont Texas.. the Rockets have always been my number 1 team.. I lost a little bit of interest around 1999.. but since I moved here in '01 I've been all about some Rockets.

18. javilo

javilo Member

I Have been a fan since 86 when we had the Twin towers and Rodney mccray, Lewis loyd and Mitchell wiggins. I saw Ralph Sampson throw in that Hail mary against the lakers and I also remember taking a butt whipping by Larry bird and the Celtics. I remember when Akeem was disliked because in the Late 80's he was always renegotiating his contract because he wanted more money. In my opinion he deserved the Farm but the Old owner had trouble with that.....Do any of you guys remember that?

19. Mobes05

Mobes05 Member

Theres nothing wrong with starting to like the Rockets because Yao is on the team. The bandwagon fans and the ones who aren't true fans are the ones who would stop rooting for the Rockets if Yao was traded or he left the team.

20. sicnarf3

sicnarf3 Member

I must be a true Rocket fan. I enjoy every win and get very depressed when they lose, but still come back and watch the next game. Been doing it since 1984 when I came here to Houston from the Philippines. I have all the "Believe-It" signs and the newspapers from the championship run. I also have all the basketball cards, 5 jerseys including an authentic one signed by Hakeem, videotapes of all the wins in playoffs during the championship runs, and a replica championship ring from '94 they handed out at the Summit. Most of all, I'm here everyday, reading everybody's posts, even nonsense ones.