1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets acquire Thomas Robinson; Morris traded to Phoenix; Patterson, Douglas, Aldrich to Kings

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Feb 20, 2013.

?

Do you like the Thomas Robinson-Patrick Patterson trade?

1. Yes

91.5%
  2. No

8.5%
  1. Rafi

Rafi Member

2. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

McHale said maybe not against Brooklyn because it's hard for a rookie to go to a new team and start playing immediately. I think it's going to take at least a couple of weeks of practice until Robinson is in the rotation. Seems like a good opportunity to see what D-Mo or maybe TJones can do until Robinson is ready. I would not assume that Robinson is going to jump over D-Mo or even TJones to be inserted into the rotation, and that may be the best for everyone concerned.

3. OremLK

OremLK Member

I thought he might be.

I see this as partly a Moneyball scenario. Morey was sick of McHale balking about playing the younger guys. So he trades PPat and Morris to get them out of the rotation and force McHale's hand.

4. nono

nono Member

I think Patterson is a better player than Robinson right now, but Robinson is more valuable to this team. Scoring is never a problem for this team since Lin, Harden, Parsons and Delfino can all score. Defense is a major problem though and hopefully Robinson improves us in this regard.

5. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Thank you Morey!!! McHale can go back to Boston if he doesn't like it.

6. carayip

carayip Member

He lost 4 rotational guys and was forced to play more young inexperienced guys. How could he not be pissed?

7. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

Now he has no choice, unless he plays Delfino again, to play Trob, Dmo, or TJones.

8. OremLK

OremLK Member

I don't see how he can keep playing Delfino 40 minutes a game like that, especially given Delfino's elbow situation. The guy who worries me is Garcia, he's been terrible this year and last season (37% shooting) but he's over 30 so McHale is probably already in love.

9. ejarts

ejarts Member

so no Marcus camby trade this year?

10. Rip Van Rocket

I don't think he seems super pissed, I think he's just being really honest. The Rockets are fighting to make the playoffs and three players of his rotation are removed and replaced with a rookie and other players that won't make much of an impact. McHale has earned his money this year.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He is from Minny you know.

12. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

While we're at it, since we're likely to sign JSmoove in the offseason, I think McHale's time as our coach is almost over.

I like him as TV commentator. But he isn't a good coach. Les will have a WC top 5 team next year. He needs a coach to make it happen.

13. EarlIII

EarlIII Member

I don't think McHale ever got over Morey not doing everything he can to keep Dragic and instead pick up Lin.

14. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

Draft Express states best scenario is Al Horford

15. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Are you ever going to stop with that bull**** lie?

Your lie has been refuted every single time but you continue posting it.

16. hltiki

hltiki Member

Methinks he's speaking of his playing days in Boston =/

17. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

That's a bad comp. Horford is all skill. Rob is all athleticsm, though he does have a good shot.

18. Rip Van Rocket

You guys need to give up on McHale being fired anytime soon. He will get his chance to coach this team after it is fully rebuilt. The way this season is going, he'll probably be coach of the year in the NBA. He's not going anywhere.

19. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

Feeling the same for TD.

20. liveguy

liveguy Member

Well he can go back to wherever if he has a problem.

Play the players and stop the bs.

Playing DMo or TRob or TJones is ZERO drop off in comparison to Pat and Morris.

The 3 pt shooting was good with Morris and pat BUT the defense and rebounding will be WAY BETTER particularly with jones and Robinson.

No drop off.

Plus Motie, Jones and Robinson have upside.

Morris and PPat are who they are.

Morey for President!