1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Thunder @ Rockets 2/20/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 19, 2013.

1. roxxy

roxxy Member

Lin has been taking those shots all season. He has just been missing more often than making. But despite that McHale & the team has stuck with him. Just a little perspective.

2. sophiaaa19

sophiaaa19 Member

LOL wtf lin, glad he actually got a T, shows some much needed anger and emotion from him, he's too nice sometimes

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Got my first ever technical last night and lost $2000...makes me angry when i realize thats 2000 mcchickens or 4000 jack in the box tacos</p>&mdash; Jeremy Lin (@JLin7) <a href="https://twitter.com/JLin7/status/304630745673113600">February 21, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

3. giovannimyles

giovannimyles New Member

The game was nuts. The Rockets jumped out of the gate early hitting their 3s and then fell off throughout the rest of the game. The comeback at the end was epic. It was a clearout for Harden almost every time down and he delivered. The crowd was nuts!! Glad I was there to see the game. Afterward the Rowdies had the hallway going nuts! It's good to see true fans enjoying their team wins. I got to snap their pics after the game which was cool. Especially cause I got to meet RocketFan at the VIP tent event over the weekend as well. Great win for the Rockets

4. Orange1

Orange1 Member

Hahaha. He could have given that $2000 to his Foundation. :) He was the only one that jumped on the court to express his emotion at that time. He lost his coolness. :grin:

5. st1sj

st1sj Member

Great game to watch last night! Glad to see Jeremy Lin hit some outside shots. Hope he can keep that up.

6. Fighton

Fighton Member

considering how he was getting hammered at times last night without getting any calls, and westbrook getting calls just by lin breathing on him, i'd say he was less than pleased with the officials last night.

and watching it on tv... not sure about you guys but i thought the officiating was horrible, especially some of the fouls calls for westbrook and durant.

7. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

We need a guy to step up and give a voice for the Rockets every once in a while or else the refs and other teams will get away with a lot of things. Like how Morris stepped up and got ejected against GSW.

8. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

He wasn't angry when he realized he cost his team a point?

9. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

Very good read on the Robinson deal.

http://www.hardwoodparoxysm.com/2013/02/21/thomas-robinson-rockets-to-houston/

10. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

Oh jeez wrong thread. -_-

11. VanityHalfBlack

So whenever someone gets a tech, they fined them $2000???? Man, that's some crook a$$ **** !!!!!

12. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

Nah ... it was Keith Jones with Sampson's face photoshopped ...

;)

13. zazinteractive

Well this realization probably came after the win

14. EarlIII

EarlIII Member

Can the league fine that ref for calling a carry on Lin? What BS.

15. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

16. roxxy

roxxy Member

Are you for real? You have to pay 2,000$ Holy crap that is ridiculous.

17. boiler

boiler Member

He's obviously joking.

18. MonKing

MonKing Member

I'm sure he felt bad about this afterwards. His post-game video mentions how emotional he was about losing all his compadres right before the game - that emotion boiled over into this technical. Good experience for him to learn to manage his emotions, which can help during playoff situations.

19. hltiki

hltiki Member

Yea, wtf was that? Felt like the officiating was bs the entire game. Even Bill Worrell started saying it too. At the same time, Harden got some super star calls too. Oh, the perks of being a superstar; the rich get richer, and the poor get poorer.

20. novaman

novaman Member

Replay showed that the ball actually did hit the rim on the play that caused Lin to jump out of his seat on the bench and get the technical- so the refs blew the call and Jeremy did have a legitimate beef.