1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight Howard Aware That Houston Has Become More Attractive

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JoeBarelyCares, Feb 6, 2013.

?

Do you want Dwight Howard in free agency?

1. Yes, a Ho is hand is better than two in the bush

417 vote(s)
    52.7%
  2. Nah, lets get Lebron next year

374 vote(s)
    47.3%
  1. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

2004-2005 (Wade's second year)

Meant to say eastern conference finals.

2. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I realize I made a mistake I meant Wade's rookie year. Irving's progress will take a little longer then Wade and Melo's I guess. T-Mac got traded to Orlando and took some below average teammates to the 1st round though looking back at that now I have to give him his due for that. Irving has done fantastic though Lebron left nothing but negativity there.

3. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

Either way, I think it's easier to judge where a player is going if his team has success BECAUSE of the younger player vs judging a young player if his team is doing poorly.

Example:

Player A and B are drafted 1st and 2nd by the two worst teams in 2020

Player A's team goes 42-40 in 2022 while Player B's team goes 22-60.

It's easier to see Player A having potential because of how much of an improvement team A had because of Player A, but Player B's team has goals of acquiring lots of young talent and they have three losing seasons in a row only to try to become a dynasty. Player A was also NBA ready while Player B had lots of holes in his game. It's usually not until their 3rd or 4th year when you can start to see where their career is heading.

4. catch22

catch22 Member

I Am Aware That D12 Is Becoming Useless

5. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

Mum

Lets just wait and nab him for free in the summer.

6. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

agreed prey on the Lakers arrogance.

hopefully Dwight will be mad they wont trade him, mad at ownership, mad at kobe...and miss the playoffs and the fans blame him....

then he comes crying to us....the one time it isn't bad to be the rebound guy :cool:

7. Orange

Orange Member

You said in your post it was his second year. That was D Wades rookie year.

8. hooroo

hooroo Member

http://sulia.com/channel/basketball/f/d4894e9a-9c84-44c3-9257-4d07e374a144/

9. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Howard / Smith / D-Mo
    Smith / Robinson / D-Mo
    Parsons / Smith
    Harden / Anderson
    Lin / Beverly

Trade Asik, Jones, Delfino (S&T), and White for Josh Smith (S&T).

10. Drift Monkey

Drift Monkey Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Source: Rockets have not abandoned their hope of landing Dwight Howard and the deals made today, which could clear<a href="http://t.co/8OZuKH8nEH" title="http://sulia.com/my_thoughts/d4894e9a-9c84-44c3-9257-4d07e374a144/?source=twitter">sulia.com/my_thoughts/d4…</a></p>&mdash; Ric Bucher (@RicBucher) <a href="https://twitter.com/RicBucher/status/304476791450501120">February 21, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Bucher lol

11. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

I'd throw the house at Dwight.

He should come here and be number 2 to James Harden

James Harden will be LeBron-esque seasons down the road not too far from now.

12. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

No shiz everyone should want the best center after Asik.

13. 45souf

45souf Member

Morey is the king of blindside deals...if anyone can pull off a Howard trade, it's morey. Future is looking bright...#ClutchCityBack

14. cml750

cml750 Member

That is the biggest problem with DH, he is a "Me First" player not a "Team First" player. He does not want to be the second option. Even though he is very limited offensively, he want o be the first option.

15. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

We will have to renounce Delfino to have the cap room to sign Dwight first. But after we sign Dwight, I think Asik, Jones and White will be enough salary ($11.5 million) to be within $5 million of the sign and trade figure for Josh Smith (approx. $16.5 million).

So we can pitch to Dwight that 1) he can play with both Josh and Hardin, and 2) this is the only way Josh can get a max level deal, because we are not offering it to him unless it is a package deal. That's assuming no one else will offer Josh a 4 year max deal.

And then we still have the $2.5 million stretch exception, which we can tell Dwight we will use to pick up another buddy of his.

16. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No way we have both Smith & Howard. Pipe dream.

But a starting line-up of Lin-Harden-Parsons-Howard-Smith would be pretty sick.

I mean, that would be 3 all-star caliber players and two very good role-players. That's a sick starting 5. Throw in a bench that potentially includes Asik, White, Dmo, Delfino....and we're a back-up PG from being the supreme WC power.

But getting Howard & Smith - never going to happen.

17. da_juice

da_juice Member

It's either to find a Smith than Howard. I think T-Rob and Dmo can play next to Howard just fine.

18. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I've abandoned my hope of Ric Bucher ever saying anything useful or intelligent.

19. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I realize I made that mistake but that just further makes my point when it comes to Irving and Wade.