1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

McDonalds to pay Muslim group.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by JD88, Jan 31, 2013.

1. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't know too much about Halal meat but is it completely salted like Kosher meat to remove any trace of blood? Part of the taste of Kosher meat is that the salting adds more flavor.

2. ILoveTheRockets

This is a joke. If they want a certain kind of meat, they certainly shouldn't be going to McDonalds for it.

McDonalds caving into this is just pure pathetic.

3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

DaFuq? Umm This particular Mcdonalds ADVERTISED they serve halal meats.

1 person likes this.
  4. trustme

trustme Member

If Allah didn't care, then why would He mention it in the Quran? Just for the hell of it?

What's wrong with chopping all that meat on one table? We are allowed to eat all of those animals. Do you use a different cutting board for every vegetable you cut while cooking?

Maybe you should go visit farms where animals get slaughtered/killed (halal and non halal farms) and see how long the animals are lying around for before being moved.

FYI, halal meat is actually more expensive than meat you get at other places. So, no, they're not trying to keep their prices "low." Goes to show that you've never actually been to a halal butcher and are just talking out of your behind.

1 person likes this.
  5. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Bleeding an animal to death sounds kind of cruel. Maybe it made sense thousands of years ago. It doesn't make sense today.

6. redearth

redearth Contributing Member

My IT guy is Muslim and tells me that religious customs aside, there is a health benefit. I don't quite get it, but he said it has something to do with diseases in the blood which are drained and therefore not being consumed. My old college room mate is Jewish and told me a similar thing about kosher meats. So, does that mean that they're both the same, and that Jews can eat halal meat, and Muslims can eat kosher meat? And what if you're hunting and can't do the whole blood draining thing in the field... is it ok then?

7. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I've heard many muslims say "Kosher" so I'm thinking that both are ok.

8. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Allah didn't write the Quran. Man did, so I don't really know what to say....

Take a few food safety classes ASAP if you don't think meats can cross contaminate lol

Halal meat at these middle-eastern stores is still cheaper then quality meat at Krogers, HEB, etc.

Halal meat at big chains like HEB is more expensive then non-halal meats. I'll give you that. But I'm betting its also of better quality then the smaller middle-eastern and paki butcher shops.

Trustme, trust me, you don't know the BS you are spewing.

1 person likes this.
  9. Pharaoh King

Pharaoh King Member

I am a Muslim and I tend to prefer the taste of kosher meats over non-kosher. I just buy kosher and say "bismillah" before I eat. I am allowed to.

10. moose

moose Member

I was so pissed when Costco stopped selling those kosher hotdogs!

11. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Mad cow disease, anyone? Draining the blood and cutting the fat is the healthiest way to eat meat, and if cooked right it is tasty.

All halal meat places are dirty and cut costs? Hmm, so other businesses are clean and never think to cut costs. From Mickey D's to Central Market.

I ate pork once and I received severe chest pains. Pork, hot dogs, turkey bacon, and some packaged turkey have sodium nitrate which is known to cause cancer.

#31 BEAT LA, Feb 19, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2013
  12. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

mad cow isn't transmissable to humans.

13. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

What was that recent outbreak where a lot of meat was contaminated. I'm not sure, but I think it was related to bacon.

14. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I doubt ROckets03 has never been to a halal butcher.

Exsanguination is possibly the most effective way to kill an animal. The animal losses consciousness in a matter of seconds.

Kosher is not the same, and should not be used to keep halal.

No you're not.

Mad Cow is absolutely transmissible to humans. Prion diseases are scary.

I do not keep halal, but I try to keep pescetarian.

15. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

Fact.

16. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

I don't have much to add, but back when I lived in Houston like 15 years ago the Imam at the Synott mosque used to buy his meat at Krogers.

17. R0ckets03

So Allah himself wrote the Quran huh?

Forgive me if I don't follow your Sunni interpretation of Islam.

1 person likes this.
  18. R0ckets03

So god will be mad if you don't say bismillah?

19. R0ckets03

You're right, I shouldn't say all. But there aren't really strong checks and balances placed on these places. The health inspectors go maybe once or twice a year. A bigger supermarket has much more to lose in terms of a lawsuit if somebody gets sick from their meat handling practices.

You aren't really going to get anything if you sue Bismillah Grocers in Clear Lake.

20. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

Lol religious people and their annoying needs