1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Amare a 'top 20 player'???

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hpscc, Feb 23, 2003.

1. never

never Member

Yao is definitely better than Amare Stoudemire .
    Look at his all star game.
    100% FG
    How many players in NBA history have the same stat as his?:D

2. efsdfdsfs

efsdfdsfs Member

Put it this way, substitute every dunk amare has had this season with layups and this discussion would NEVER happen.

3. UTweezer

UTweezer Contributing Member

although amare has potential, i think i'd rather take Kenyon.

4. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

not a very good case. Most hyped of ROY in the last decade and he has the 9th most prouductive of the bunch does does not add up. is it because hes from china or is it inferior stats. I never said amares season is better. yao does the difference is very minor but yaos commericals etc etc are one-sided. race is obviously why. reverse the races and amare has the things yao has. yes marketing is marketing. they can sell who they want to sell. they want yao b/c hes chineese and will be a star in the league. he will reach out very well to a certain minorty group. hes on the only chineese star while there are several african american stars. And theres always been thats nothing new to the media which causes all of the attention. they want whats new..a dude from china who has has some skills. T-mac duncan KG african american superstars for years but less commericals than yao??? WHY?????
    back to what i was arguing in the first place. yao being TNT and national TV is a stupid argument to say that one player is better than another

5. superpro

superpro Member

Your post doesn't deserve any creditibility from me any more. Stop posting and save some bandwidth for others.

Thanks.

6. tolne57

tolne57 Contributing Member

I also noticed that Gooden has been playing well since traded. Gooden's stats the last two Orlando games:

1st game/ 2nd game
    MIN: 34/34
    REB: 11/6
    AST: 1/0
    STL: 1/1
    BLK: 1/2
    TO: 2/3
    PF: 2/6
    PTS: 22/15

His stats has improved, but I still think that he will have to pull off some amazing games to win the ROY

7. dafatha00

dafatha00 Contributing Member

If you go back and read your earlier post, you said Amare has had a bigger impact than Yao on his respective team. Show me where news casters claim Yao Ming is the most hyped of ROY of the last decade. Who cares if he's getting national coverage. I agreed with you that Yao Ming is getting this coverage because he's Chinese but I also said he has skills to back up the coverage. You're just spouting off ignorant statements about Yao getting coverage ONLY because he's Chinese.

On top of that, you never responded to my questions about Wang ZhiZhi and Mengke Bateer. Way to avoid the question :rolleyes: I'll ask you again since you chose to ignore it the first time. If Yao Ming is getting coverage ONLY because he's Chinese, how come the other two Chinese players have received slim to nil? BTW, you could benefit from adding some correct grammar to your post because I'm not sure what you're trying to say at times. "Yao does the difference is very minor"?

8. feishen

feishen Member

who gives for what Shaq and Kobe thinks. There ohter great NBA coaches and players are calling Yao Ming the next big thing. It's really not important what Greg Anthony, Shaq, or Kobe says about Yao Ming, nor is it important what Bill Whalton, or Larry Brown's words on our C. I am sure Ming is going to show what he really capable of once he has more games under his belt. Remember Chuck was calling him not able to score 20 ppg three months ago, and Ming is scoring 20+ ppg every 3 or 4 games right now....

9. snowmt

snowmt Member

Man, are you a rocket fan? You don't want an appealing
    star on your team? How much attention Yao has brought
    to Rockets? That's money. Yao is on the track to become
    the next dominant center and the team looks promising
    and gets a lot of publicity. That will be a definite advantage
    to attract quality free agents.

Rox home court attendence has increased by 2400, and
    we boost even more attendence in arenas around the
    country. Yao brings big money for the League unrivalled
    by any current superstar except MJ and the League will
    coddle Rox and Yao for years to come. You don't want that?

I bet all of the Yao vs Shaq rivalry games will be on national
    TV next year. So why not stop arguing and cheer for Rox
    and Yao - the next dynasty? We are blessed, aren't we?

10. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Amare's stats against the better 4s are poorer, much poorer, than EG's. Maybe Amare is a highlight dunker supreme, but EG is the real deal in progress?

11. superpro

superpro Member

I am an Asian poster, and I think you said it very well. One more thing to add here: unlike most western players, Yao, like 90% of Asian players show respect to his coach, teamates as well as his opponents. Right now, he is not as aggressive as he should be because he was born in a totally different culture. He will never be like Kobe, dunk over you and show how great he is. To him, that's kind of trying to humiliate your opponent instead of respecting him as your opponent.

As to his points per game, he can easily reach 24 if Steve/EG/CAT keeps passing the ball to him and let him play a more selfish ball game.

In all, Amar is no comparison to Yao.

12. lovethisgametoo

E-X-A-C-T-L-Y ! I mean as long as I can watch more Rockets games on national TV, I applaud.

13. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

Uh in my last post I stated hes a dude from china who has skills and that hes is from china and will be a star. I think that should clear up your questions. about bateer and zhi and ONLY because of china. as for grammer dont have time for it been writing papers all weekend. and another one tonight sorry if your not grading my paper i dont care

14. canoner2002

canoner2002 Contributing Member

Both Shaq and Kobe are jealous about the media attention Yao is getting. This is one reason that Kobe will never be as admired as MJ.

15. superpro

superpro Member

Ignore this guy! He might be still working toward his high school degree. Or he is simply a racist and still doesn't have a clue what "racist" means.

16. RIET

RIET Contributing Member

Oh please. I don't agree with everything he says but that's ridiculous.
    :rolleyes:

17. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

ya right buddy :p

18. dafatha00

dafatha00 Contributing Member

LOL. I LOVE how you change your arguments around. First its about how he is only getting media attention because he's a "dude" from Chinese. Now its he's getting attention because he's Chinese AND he has some skills.
    Do you remember saying this?
    "He is getting popular by the media b/c hes chineese.the media is how you get popular. Hes doing just a tad better than amare. but yao is 100X popular because of his race."
    Not ONCE did you mention his skills in that post but all of a sudden, you do? Nice 180 degree change there.

And about your grammar, when you're trying to make a point, bad grammar downplays any credibility towards your posts.

NEXT.

19. UTweezer

clueless. today is a sad day.

20. UTweezer

sorry for the multiple posts, but i was referring to the original poster...not the response