1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Clippers 2/13/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 13, 2013.

1. yunac010

yunac010 Member

He's talking about this game. And it's true. Outside of Lin everyone else has been *****.

2. Hughesy

Hughesy Member

That's kinda an unfair judgement, this is a back to back against the clippers and the role players arn't sinking those wide open threes god damn it

3. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

I keep saying it, can't really see DeAndre Jordan's long reach on TV. Seeing him live, you'd think he could touch the top of he backboard and get 20 rebounds a game. He's good in the blocks, but should be a little better rebounder than he is

4. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

The refs suck tonight but the Rox suck worse. Wasn't picking them to win but still disappointed with how they are playing.

5. Karolik

Karolik Member

FUDGEEEEEEE I hate delfino, hate Morris, hate our scrubs that can't hit 3's when it counts. Parsons bricking 3's but at least he can drive in. Lin needs to go full chuck mode because these scrubs aren't getting it done. This game is pretty much over anyway.

6. pkothari1013

pkothari1013 Member

Any insight on why that Chris Paul shot was a foul? I thought the NBA said they'd stop calling those type of Kevin Durant/Martin type of fouls.

7. charles_zed

charles_zed Member

Clippers are such a b**** team. Jesus Christ I hate these p*****s. Chris Paul is a p***y.

8. heads.up

heads.up Member

Even if it was a rip through move, from the replay Paul ripped the ball and it hit purely Lin's hand and ball was dislodged. No foul across the arm or nothing and CPflop still gets the whistle.

9. ShadowProphet

ShadowProphet Member

thats exactly what i was talking about earlier in the thread but i just get called a LOF. granted it wasnt the best time to say it though.

ive never seen mchale do that to any other player. but lin (and asik) are on a much shorter leash. a mistake here and there and they get pulled almost immediately.

10. split41

split41 Member

Are you even watching the game? Or are you just looking at the boxscore or something. This comment is asinine.

He's easily our best player on the floor at the moment, and that "foul" should have been a no call.

11. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

This a time when I wish Lin started yelling back at the ref to get a tech. That bull**** shouldn't be in the NBA. Refs ruin the game of basketball with that bull.

12. mclawson

mclawson Member

This place cracks me up sometimes. From the unbelievably clever McFail nickname to the people who think Lin is the best player ever to those who think he's the worst thing to happen to basketball. Everyone thinks they're a better coach than a Hall of Fame player that has his team overachieving (consensus by damned near every opposing team's announcers) to varying degrees. Yes, we suck at defense. It's something that needs work, but people act like McHale is oblivious to that fact. I'm sure it's worked on in practice. I'm sure it's near the top of their list of things to tweak and improve, but it's not something that happens overnight, especially team defense. But those guys that played pickup ball at the local rec center know better, of course. That's why they've turned down all of those head coaching jobs at the Y. Those poor 10 year olds are missing out.

Yes, his rotations are odd at times, but there are most likely reasons behind them that those calling him McFail can't quite see or grasp. They just know the people that they think (using the word loosely here, of course) should be playing, aren't playing or that those who they think should be sitting aren't sitting. He's by no means perfect as a coach, but he's helped a team that many predicted to win 18-28 games all year to a playoff contender.

Yes, we started out down 23 or something ridiculous in this game. It happens. Teams get hot for a quarter or half or even game. We've done it to other teams. Tonight it's happening to us. We cut it to 11 or 12, but now they built it back up. We will probably get back within 10 at some point, all without out best player (no, not Lin). Yes, we will most likely lose by double digits. Is it disappointing? Sure. Will McHale use it to teach? Probably. Games like this are a good time to try new sets, player combinations, defensive schemes, and even inbounds plays.

But hate on, haters. Keep using that clever epithet. I'll keep watching a team come into its own, develop an identity, and growing.

5 people like this.
  13. Postcall

Postcall Member

Trolls are here:(

14. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

Exactly what I was thinking as well. We aren't playing well and where do you release your anger? To Lin.

15. Second_Cousin

Second_Cousin Member

Someone put up the footage of mchale in Lin's face!!!

16. rocketsmetalspd

Clippers still act like punks and come the playoffs all these alley oops go out the door. Paul has never taken a team to the finals and he will not do it again this year.

17. MIAGI99

MIAGI99 Member

TD would have helped big time this game.

18. hocash

hocash Contributing Member

Right about the pass. Wrong about the defense. Are you watching the game?

19. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

Didn't Morey say we matched up well against the Clippers? smh:confused:

20. art

art Member

that second qtr was better, albeit, against their backups. clips just werent missing.