1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight Howard Aware That Houston Has Become More Attractive

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JoeBarelyCares, Feb 6, 2013.

?

Do you want Dwight Howard in free agency?

1. Yes, a Ho is hand is better than two in the bush

417 vote(s)
    52.7%
  2. Nah, lets get Lebron next year

374 vote(s)
    47.3%
  1. basketballholic

You trade away guys for cap space and draft picks. The most unlikely scenario. The more likely scenario is both LA teams work sign and trades when they see they are going to lose both guys for nothing.

I am not banking on acquiring either guy at this point. I do maintain we have the roster flexibility to create enough space to sign both guys outright to play alongside Harden and Parsons and possibly even one of the rookies.

Getting either guy is a long shot. Getting both is an even longer shot. I suspect Morey will try to get both. Morey has stated fairly recently that he thinks Chris Paul is the best pg ever and we all know how hard he pursued Howard last year.

2. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

"ESPN: Dwight Howard Aware That Houston Has Become More Attractive"

"CLUTCHFANS: Rockets Aware That Dwight Howard Has Become Less Attractive"

5 people like this.
  3. greatpacha1

greatpacha1 Member

hahaha

4. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

if we have Dwight Howard we dont lose to medicore teams like the Kings

5. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

Oh, really? Is this based on his impact to all of the WINNING happening in L.A these days?

6. Parpar2j

Parpar2j Member

No i don't want both DHo and LBJ

7. spankz141

spankz141 Member

I don't think he is a good fit with the Rockets because he doesn't like play PnR basketball...which the Rockets use a lot...I do think he would get more touches in the paint and we have some great 3 point shooters for him to pass it out to.

Off topic, I do see Rockets trying to trade for Andrew Bynum for some fillers...he is on an expiring contract...if 6ers want to shed salary and provide the Rockets with a pick or two...I think Morey does it.

Bynum/Future 1st/fillers
    for any of
    Morris/Douglas/Beverly/Patterson/Aldrich/Smith/White

76ers get to shed some salary since Rockets are under the cap and pick up nice pieces

Rockets get Bynum as a rental and maybe some help in the playoffs plus a pick.

8. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

i put most of the blame on Kobe and Antoni

When Nash got to the Lakers, Kobrick should have stood back handed Nash the keys to the car, instead he made him a spot up shooter. Even if Chris Paul was there Kobe would not defer( ii just know it). He is a selfish player, Kobe at this stage in his career, especially with Steve Nash on his team should not be a faciliator

Kobe should have let Nash play PG from the beginning, i knew it would never work. Just like i knew if the Lakers traded for CP3 it would never work because of Kobe

I would gladly take Dwight on the Rockets, because i know Mchale and the Rockets staff will know how to use, plus James Harden and Jeremy Lin are willing passers unlike Kobrick

9. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

and its funny how Pau Gasol gets most of the blame, when i still consder him a good player, when your 35 year old SG is taking 25 shots, of course you are not gonna have many shots attempts to score a lot of points, i often looked at box scores when the Lakers were playing both Dwight and Pau, and would notice that neither would have more than 10 shot attempts. While Kobe had over 25. If Pau Gasol and Dwight were in Houston, do you think James Harden would be that selfish( i dont)

Kobe throwing his teammates under the bus, while he is shooting his team out of games, and or trying to make a statement by taking less shots( but playing no defense)

10. Sleepy Flloyd

Sleepy Flloyd Member

DO NOT WANT! HE SUCKS!

11. meh

meh Contributing Member

Only butting into this conversation because someone's taking you seriously, which is unfortunate.

Forget who the Rockets have on the roster right now. Suppose they have a blank slate for next year.

Harden $13.7mil
    Howard $20.5mil
    CP3 $18.6mil
    cap hold for 9x Rookie minimum salary ~$4.5mil(~500k/player)
    ----
    TOTAL: $57.3mil
    NBA Salary Cap: est. ~$58mil

In an extreme scenario in which the Rockets convert every single player on the team into draft picks, they would have bare minimum to sign both CP3 and Dwight Howard. If each player decide to sacrifice ~$2mil/year, similar to superfriends in Miami, the Rockets would be able to retain Parsons, Greg Smith, Beverley, Anderson, and one of Jones/DMo.

In other words, can't happen even if our GM is Daryl Morey.

12. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

If Dwight sucks, then so does Omer

13. Sofine81

Sofine81 Member

Such a good post. o so true

14. Sleepy Flloyd

Sleepy Flloyd Member

Yea, your point? Replace a sucky player wit another sucky player?

15. ralphabetsoup

ralphabetsoup Member

I would give up 30 Million to move to Texas...

Well, maybe not.

16. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

Either people have short memory or they just started following bball for less than a year.

D12 was a top 5 player pre-injury, aguably top 3 behind Lebron and Durant. He is our best shot beating the Heat or Thunder. No FA on the horizon with has this kind of potential.

Is Love a top 5? Aldridge? Not only they are so unlikely to acquire, they will never achieve the superstar status as D12, nor have the ability to carry a team to the Final.

Even playing with injuries this year, he still is a top 5 center this year! Did you guys forget how he pushed around Asik like a ragdoll? Only to have Smith came to the rescue??

What's up with people's memory these day???

17. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

cant believe how many people on this site have short memory

its Dwight freaking Howard.. a potential 2nd superstar that Morey has been chasing since we got James Harden

18. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Probably a little bit of both. Its amazing because even this season as TERRIBLE as he's been in comparison to the player he was when healthy, he's still producing well beyond what Asik is producing.

If people here dont want him because he's a drama queen that's fine, but say it. Because making statement about how he's washed up, sucks, or is going to be 2010 T-Mac 2.0 is out of their minds.

Even if the guy plays the way he is playing now, and never returns to being as dominant as he once was, he still makes this team a contender overnight when put on this roster as is.

19. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Dwight's suck >>>>>> Asik's suck....and that's a fact.