1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Derrick Rose Returns....

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by SK34, Feb 6, 2013.

1. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Same, they are not contending and he should not risk anything. Too many stars messed up their careers going this route.

2. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

dude had like 4 compounding career ending injuries , he won't ever be the same.

3. TC777JLIN168

TC777JLIN168 Member

Me too! Love DRose.

4. CertifiedTroll

Brandon Roy's The Return

5. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

One of my fav non Rockets players...really a class act...felt so bad when he went down...

6. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

Yea that remix kinda reminds me of when Tmac was recovering from his microfracture knee surgery and how a lot of people thought Tmac was going to come back and lead this team to the Finals...

As much as I love Rose, he's an awesome player and talent but he still has a long way to go. I mean a long long way to go.

7. tor.rocks

tor.rocks Member

Same. Just rest and relax man. Coming back isn't going to do anything for you except increase your chance of injury again.

8. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VPjb26KdA3s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

9. CCM721

CCM721 Member

A lot of people are acting like its a sure thing he will come back as good as ever. I can't think of a player in the NBA that would be more affected by an ACL injury than Derrick Rose.

10. RocketMadness

RocketMadness Member

D.rose boy my lil bro boy

11. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Found this on YouTube

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/U80xGPG7yiw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

12. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

Good thing you're not a doctor, since this is actually the opposite of what Rose's leading physician had to say on the subject.

He advised that there was no added benefit to holding Rose out beyond the time that he is ready. The gist of it was that once the ligament has healed and the supportive muscle and tissues have been strengthened, that is that, and holding him out further only enhances the chance that he will never return to full strength. We know so much more about ACL injuries than we used to, and one thing we've learned is that it is the supervised challenge of the injured tissue, not rest for the sake of rest, that can lead to the best recovery.

13. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Well...I got him on my fantasy team.

14. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

And yet there were reports leaked that he had actually added 2 inches to his vertical leap. Unconfirmed. He threw it down like woah on Taj Gibson in a recent practice, while stunned teammates looked on. Confirmed. He has added over 15 pounds of muscle in his downtime. Confirmed.

His coach says he's doing "all the cutting" and "all the drills." Confirmed by his own coach in a recent interview.

I was willing to keep expectations tepid because an ACL is an ACL, and because the Bulls organization has done a masterful job of trying to control the flow of information heading out about Rose, but if anybody has the potential to be the Adrian Peterson of the NBA, it's Rose. It's him.

15. SK34

SK34 Member

Why are bulls not considered as "contenders" after Derrick Rose comes back?

-If Rose comes back anything like before, then they are contenders.
    -I assume Rose will have a better jumpshot and better passing after this injury and his work ethic.

-Boozer is actually playing like Utah boozer.
    -Noah is an elite Rebounder and Defender.
    -Deng compliments all players in their team. He also is willing to take a step down and just play defense.
    -Hamilton is shooting better than last year and is more efficient.
    -Bellineli opens up the floor with his shooting, as does Cook.
    -Robinson and Hinrich are upgrades over Watson.
    -Gibson is a hard working player.

With D Rose, everything else becomes easier for his team mates. Yes, I know LBJ shuts down Rose but now Rose has more space to operate with how the players in his teams are playing. It would be different.

16. roslolian

roslolian Member

This. I like KD, Rose and Harden. These seem to be the most professional of the NBA players, they don't get in trouble or say stupid ****.

17. roslolian

roslolian Member

They are not contenders because stats show the bulls actually play better without Rose, maybe because Rose dominated the ball too much before. If you think about it he's not a good fit for the Bulls, Thibs wants it old school with good interior D, post play and shooters to provide spacing, while Rose is more of a PNR guy. WIll the Bulls really play better when he comes back? Or will they revert to the D Rose show? It remains to be seen.

18. SK34

SK34 Member

I understand that but they are actually better with Rose. He is the GUY, not Deng. Rose plays defense also and they can mix it up with him. Pick and roll at times, and post plays at times. Another thing to note, they will be better fast break team so they will get easier buckets. The interior defense will lead to more fast break. Btw, Nate Robinson is a chucker and he is playing well with the Bulls. For the past 3 weeks, he has been playing team ball but before that he chucked a lot of shots. Rose basketball IQ is really high.

19. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

does lebron get in trouble? he isnt amongst the most professional players?

20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I hope Rose makes a Adrian Peterson like comeback from his injury.

I always root for the guy, seems like a class act and really just wants to win. I don't think the Bulls have played better without him, they are going to need him. I think though that Thibs has done a excellent job. It was never any doubt that he'd be a good coach I think.