1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Andrew Bynum or Dwight Howard?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sydeffect, Feb 7, 2013.

?

Bynum or Howard

1. Andrew Bynum

45 vote(s)
    24.9%
  2. Dwight Howard

136 vote(s)
    75.1%
  1. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

Would rather have a combination of Asik and FoxSportsHouston

2. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

None of the above. We already have a good center. We need a scoring PF.

3. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

If "ifs and butts were candy and nutz, we'd all have a Merry Xmas..."

4. Gertso

Gertso Member

Bynum has a better offensive game but Howard is a perfect fit.

5. conquistador#11

since it's all hypothetical, can we get howard please and flip him to Okc for durant? I think westbrook has all the makings of a leader and would strive with dwight.

Asik
    Parsons
    Durant
    Harden
    Lin
    back to back to back to back to back to back to back championships!

6. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I agree... and say ta hell with both DHo and Bynum... I'm just fine spendin 8M on Omer vs the max to 'upgrade to one of these overpriced divas... I'd rather stay with Omer and spend the 'savings' on a POWER FORWARD!

....and I'd take Gortat over either DHo or Bynum.... gotta consider bang for your buck - and headaches....

7. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Even in a off year,he's by far the best center in the leaue by far and that's howard. He has a huge impact on the game and has led a below average team to the finals. People can say keep asik and he's doing a good job,probably overacheiving his talent level. Howard tilts the game on both sides despite his limited offensive game. Bynum has bad knees that won't get better only worse. I will take howard and those screaming about that pf ,go ahead,I will still take howard.

8. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Oi... i don't think bynum has ever had the chance to play or reach full potential. It's a tough one really... on skill from what i have seen i would take howard. But based on personality i think i would take bynum. The guy seemed very loyal to l.a. until L.A decided to get Howard instead.

9. typhooonn

typhooonn Member

we need neither.

10. LC Rox Fan

LC Rox Fan Member

Where is neither option

11. prs325

prs325 Member

Wheres the Asik option?

12. Gil

Gil Member

You're deluded. By far the best center in the League and he's on a losing team with 4 former/current all stars.

Yeah right. He's a system player who has no post game whatsoever, shoots at nearly a below 50% clip from the line which makes him pretty much useless in 4th quarters and is incredibly turnover prone.

His defense is incredibly overrated as well. Impact, alter shots blah blah blah yet the Lakers have one of the worst defenses in the League.

D'Antoni's an easy scapegoat but take a look at his Suns teams or even last years Knicks team with Tyson Chandler anchoring that defense and it wasn't anywhere near as worse as this current Laker team.

Time to start giving SVG the credit for that Magic team rather than this clown.

13. rocketblood713

I rather have Bynum I dont know how serious is Howard about winning somtimes it looks like he dont care but then again he aint happy either if hes happy he can be the Howard everybody wants him to be

14. charles_zed

charles_zed Member

I think we need to reevaluate our understanding of Dwight. He may have overachieved in SVG's system. Ryan Anderson is doing just fine without him and JJ Reddick is having a career year. Dwight looks atrocious without all of his spacing and SVG. You're overstating though, he's dealing with a lot of injuries which clearly is also affecting his play, but that itself is a concern.

15. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

I was on the Matt Thomas Show on 790 on Thursday and we was going back and forth on this same subject....My question why are we undervaluing Asik???

He has outperformed expectations and I remembered everyone crying saying we need a center...now we got a legit center and now everyone is saying we need Howard or Bynum!!! The only thing Matt kept saying is if....if....if Bynum and Howard can stay HEALTHY!!!!

Omer Asik to me can be a 20 PPG / 12 RPG guy or at least 15 PPG / 12 RPG....cause he still learning his offensive game and another offseason uner Dawson and maybe Hakeem can help will get him there!!

Omer Asik: NBA Rankings

Rebounds Per Game 11.5 (#3)

Offensive Rebounds Total 166 (#9)

Defensive Rebouns Total 421 (#1)

Total Rebounds 587 (#1)

Double Doubles 22 (#11)

Offensive Rebound Pct 12.5 (#15)

Defensive Rebound Pct 31.0 (#2)

Total Rebound Pct 21.9 (#3)

Field Goal Pct .535 (#15)

Stats are not sexy but they are the TRUTH!!!! Please stop undervaluing Omer Asik for these Divas and often injured players!!!!

16. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

17. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

@Highway_30: @DwightHoward come join #AnxietyTroopers. Rockets provide santuary for mentally ill & mental midgets w/ best #Protocol #BeWell <-sarcasm

D12 is having an off year due to injuries, he is still a top 5 defensive anchor in the league.

KG
    Duncan
    Asik
    D12
    MGasol

Anyone who wouldn't take a chance of him is truly kneejerking. To beat KD or Lebron in the playoffs, he is the best hope if healthy.

Lin (8.3)/Beverley (0.8)
    Harden (13.6)
    Parsons (0.9)/Jones (1.6)
    Millsap (10.0)/Dmo(1.5)
    DH (20)/Smith (0.9)

57.6 million + some vet min + exceptions = a championship contender.

#37 kuku, Feb 8, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2013
  18. cazyapma

cazyapma Member

Easily Asik.

19. mclawson

mclawson Member

They're both grade-A douchenozzles. I hate the thought of either one on this team, really. I think finding a better back-up for Asik (or developing Smith, who has looked totally lost lately) and a strong, scoring, defending power forward (Does Otis Thorpe have a son?) would be a better strategy.

I know it's all hypothetical and based on them being injury-free, but Bynum's knee problems are equivalent to Yao's foot issues. I just don't see them getting any better at this point. Maybe he'll prove me wrong, but even if he does he's a head case that seems like a terrible fit, personality-wise, with this team. Howard's back and labia, er, labrum issues are troubling as well, but to a lesser degree. I just can't stand him as a human being after all of the drama last year. I keep hoping the Lakers fire Pringles and hire SVG.

20. Ben Frank

Ben Frank Member

People seem to have forgotten how good Howard is because he's having a bad year on a team that he just doesn't mesh with.. In Houston he would be the 1st option, with a chance to build his own legacy.. Theres rumors he's done a 180 and is looking at Houston in a Higher light..

Sign Howard in FA (If things don't work out in LA)
    Trade: Asik, Patterson, Douglas, to Portland 4 LMA

Howard/Montie
    LMA/Morris/White
    Parson/Jones
    Harden/Delfino
    Lin/Bev

Thats a contender...