1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight Howard Aware That Houston Has Become More Attractive

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JoeBarelyCares, Feb 6, 2013.

?

Do you want Dwight Howard in free agency?

1. Yes, a Ho is hand is better than two in the bush

417 vote(s)
    52.7%
  2. Nah, lets get Lebron next year

374 vote(s)
    47.3%
  1. KDJ3

KDJ3 Contributing Member

This was a years-long process, not just one offseason!

2. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

So we may essentially get both Harden and Howard(committed) from the trade with OKC. Master plan!

3. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

Just guessing guys ... Morey doesn't make a move for a big this trade deadline.

In that article starts of as : "Los Angeles Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak has told Dwight Howard he will not be traded before the Feb. 21 trade deadline, according to league sources."

Morey is usually pretty honest. Every year he states we will be looking aggressively to improve our team, and has done so every year. This year he has been steadfast in saying that we should not expect much, maybe minor moves... (moving a PF for a draft pick type move)...unless something is offered they cant turn down. Such Get a milsap or J smith on a relatively cheap trade...a player like that would also not hurt their cap room for next year. They might even help it.

I think Morey wants to develop talent find out who he wants and who he doesn't...have the cap space to at least make an offer to Howard and Paul. Then once they are off the board...attempt to sign Milsap or Smith outright as a free agent.

This allows him to retain max assets to then accquire another top player via trade.

So in the off season you could feasibly see morey sign howard (if howard is truly keen on the rockets) if not then Smith or Milsap. This would cost zero assets. Then trade for a top player like Love or Granger to go with them. If something like this works out.....you gotta give it up to Morey.

I mean we are a playoff team now so...as a fan I am fine watching this team compete and develop as is, and waiting...before harden I was going nuts. They are fun to watch (what little i get to see :rolleyes:)

Things have definitely got interesting.

4. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

then trade for kevin love :eek: lol

5. hooroo

hooroo Member

leverage to get pringles fired and possibly to push out kobe as the top dog.

6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

The Dwightmare never ends!!!

7. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Come to houston superman where there is no pressure not so much hype and get back to having fun playing the game houston is just what the doctor ordered for superman plus harden knows some good strip clubs he can take you to when you need some R&R.

8. BigBull17

BigBull17 Member

This is gonna bug me, who is that?

9. KDJ3

KDJ3 Contributing Member

Jennifer Lawrence? It's been bothering me too lol

10. tested911

tested911 Member

Yes Jennifer Lawrence
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  11. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

If the dominoes fall that way where d12 signs here and we don't trade any assets and then trade for love that would just be ridiculous

12. OremLK

OremLK Member

Another relevant Jennifer Lawrence GIF

[​IMG]

I'll believe we're getting Dwight when he's holding up a Rockets uniform at the press conference. I'm too worn out from his sh** to get worked up over it anymore.

13. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

If he gets his body right, Dwightmare for the Lakers might be the Dweam scenario for us. But that is a big "if."

14. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

If I were Morey, I'd wait till Howard demands a trade to Houston, and then just say No. Just for the heck of it...

15. Jontro

Jontro Member

Nope. DHo can go **** himself in the ass.

Moar pics of Hunger Games!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. roxxy

roxxy Member

Really conflicted on DH12. His health really scares me, so does his attitude. But he is insanely talented, second best player after LBJ. Also I love Omer Asik, but I am fully aware that DH12 is so much better than Omer. Conflicted!!

17. KDJ3

KDJ3 Contributing Member

Am I the only one that is freaked out by her face?

18. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

i too fear the health issue. i'm not a doctor, so i guess you have to leave that judgement to them. I would, however, point out that if we did manage to sign Howard in the offseason (and i hoping draft picks would be the price of his bird-rights), we could probably get an extremely good player for Omer Asik.

I have developed a bit of a crush on Asik, so it's hard ...but if the medical checked out on the Dwightmare, Asik's value represents another excellent player at a position of need.

19. KDJ3

KDJ3 Contributing Member

Heh..

20. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

You're the only one looking at her face.