1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Post Your Desktop Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Iron McFist, Feb 18, 2003.

1. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Actually(you're gonna love this) It is not Band of Brothers. It is a Battlefield 1942 made to look like Band of Brothers. I picked it up at IGN and then I fuzzed out the IGN logo. And yes that DVD is great. I have watched it a couple of times now.

2. Sonny

Sonny Contributing Member

Now that is sweet, just goes to show how awesome BF1942 is. I haven't played that in a while. Didn't you get C&C Generals? I am about to build a new PC and then I am getting that game.

3. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Yep i have been playing Generals for a week now. It is fun I am enjoying it but I have read on the Generals bbs that a lot of people are having problems withit. My machine is pretty high end and I have slow downs on the last China mission from the shear number of units on the map. I think in a few weeks the game will get better as people start cranking out good MODs for it. Single player is ok but skirmish is really good.

4. Earl Cureton

Earl Cureton Contributing Member

thanks Castor. let's see if mine works...

[​IMG]

5. moomoo

moomoo Member

Behad,

Looks like you use WinMX. Are you on DSL or Cable?

Ever since I got DSL I haven't been able to get WinMX to work through the DSL firewall. I searched everywhere on the net to find out how to change the firewall settings to get it to work, but gave up and switched to Kazaa. For some reason, Kazaa worked without having to tweak the firewall. Sure would be nice to have WinMX back though.

A friend of mine has Cable modem, and WinMX worked on his computer with no extra effort.

Any ideas?

I have one of those 2wire DSL modems, if that helps any.

6. Kodinh

Kodinh Contributing Member

here's mine
    [​IMG]

7. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

I'm on cable. I had to configure it to run through my router firewall. I found the instructions on the WinMX message board.

8. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

my lame little XP desktop..I'll do my Linux one later.
    [​IMG]