1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Twitter Reaction: Rockets announcers after MKG injury

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by risemeyer, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

I watched the whole thing, they were not joking around, Clyde was telling a story about a similar incident he had as a player. He chuckled about his story briefly, but it's not like they were clowning around. I mean, they were on air and had to talk about something for 15 minutes, what are they supposed to do?

Clyde's story was interesting. I had no idea that had happened to him. Made me feel better about MKG's injury knowing these things can happen and be nothing serious, because I have never seen a player get knocked out cold in an NBA game before.

People who are upset are overreacting. IMO, NFL announcers are far more cavalier about injuries.

2. zainahsan93

zainahsan93 Member

If the Bill and bull and Clyde are the worst then what is Tommy Heinson from the celtics

3. James Gabriel

James Gabriel Member

Me too, i don't seem to have heard any particular offensive words from Clyde's story.

4. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

5. MonKing

MonKing Member

Your interest in gay sexual experiences is not the definitive statement on whether Clyde was being insensitive laughing and joking while a young man lay motionless on the court for many minutes.

6. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

That Deadspin clip was edited, but from the clip it seemed like Clyde was trying to lighten the mood and not let people think of the worst.

I rather have that than mindless cable news speculation...

7. ejarts

ejarts Member

they didn't know he was KO. did anyone care when people made fun of Manny pacquiao KO? NO. so chill.

8. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

wtf are people talking about?

Clyde is talking about a past experience, way to take a sound bite and spin it. Sad journalism.

I used to like Holly Mckenzie. :(

9. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

Wtf are you talking about? It is messed up that he told a personal story of how traumatic this stuff was and tried to lighten it up with a line about waking up in his uni?

There is ABSOLUTELY nothing wrong with that. Clyde sucks, but people are just making something out of nothing.

10. sergio

sergio Member

Nothing wrong was said. Nothing here to cry about.

11. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

Oh ok, the vid I saw didn't have that in there but even then it really isn't that bad.

12. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

What do you want them to do?

They said the hope he's okay and wished him the best, not sure what else they should do...

13. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

The Deadspin video clip doesn't show the entire sequence. I haven't watched the game yet, but did record the Rockets' broadcast on NBA League Pass. From the moment it happened until the very end after they had rolled MKG into the tunnel, I really didn't hear anything bad. Then after play was about to resume, this sequence happened (keep in mind Clyde had just told everyone the story about being knocked out against the Knicks and waking up in the hospital wondering what happened to the rest of the game) :

Bill : "He might be waking up like you did, Clyde, a little later wondering 'where's the game?'"
    Clyde : "Hey, I was meeting someone after the game!"

Then Clyde proceeds to laugh.

Clyde made another comment about it being a chance for the Rockets to regroup with the break in action, but did say it with respect to the MKG situation trying not to lighten the severity of it.

That "I was meeting someone after the game!" was kind of tacky, if you ask me, and I can see how it can be thought of as being a bit uncalled for at the time. If this was a guy who got up and walked off and sat on the bench the rest of the game, it's one thing, but damn, the guy did just get carted off on a stretcher. It wasn't horrible what Clyde said, but not exactly tactful. If you ask me, people are overreacting to it.

14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Whatever it takes to get Clyde canned. Even if it's overreacting. I just hate Clyde that much.

15. Raw Texas

Raw Texas Member

It wasn't that bad, people are overreacting as usual. Stop being so sensitive

16. SynergySin

SynergySin Member

I don't post very much, but I honestly don't think that Clyde said anything wrong.

It's like some of the people here want Bill, Clyde and Matt to start slitting their wrists as repentance for being there when someone got hit hard.

What I got from Clyde's story was, "I've been in this situation, it sucks and we're worried, but it may have just been a hard hit."

17. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

Exactly, people are way to sensitive.

18. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

They have a lot to be mad about.

They're overreacting. But that's what many do on twitter for attention. What Clyde said was fine with the right timing. The show must go on.

19. Entropy

Entropy Member

Blown out of proportion. Silly sheep.

20. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

I didn't see the player moving at all, so I thought he could even be paralyzed. It seemed kinda serious. Clyde just assumed he got "knocked out," whatever that even means. Because I've heard Matt and Clyde even say, this season, that they probably got concussions back in the day and no one even called it a concussion back then. Maybe Clyde even had a concussion that time they were talking about. Anyway, they were like "Oh, he's just knocked out," which is kind of from another era.