1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Nuggets 1/30/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 29, 2013.

1. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

If we run them, we'll demoralize the team just we demoralized D will, a supposed 20 million dollar player. Mcgee actually has asthma (i think), so if we run him, he won't be able to play more than 10 minutes w/ us. Let's hope Mchale doesn't go back to ISO ball again.

2. torocan

torocan Member

Personally, I want the Lakers to go on a run. We only have one more game against the Lakers and it's the last one of the season (when we hopefully have a play off spot locked up). In the meanwhile, they have 2 more games against Portland, Denver and GSW long before we run into them again.

If the Lakers beat up teams in the West for the rest of the season, by far we have the most to gain. Especially if they get the 8th spot, we have the 5th, 6th or 7th spot and they beat themselves up knocking out a top contender in the first round. :grin:

Hrm, that might sound a little Machiavellian...

3. Jenopogi

Jenopogi Contributing Member

Me Like this Scenario. This is a little Torocanian,

4. cyclorider

cyclorider Member

Harden needs to play off the ball a bit more. When he plays off the ball it makes his teammates better, gives them more touches, etc.

5. cyclorider

cyclorider Member

A win in Denver will mean this Rockets team has arrived. A loss will mean it hasn't.

6. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Eh, I didn't notice any major change. Harden seems to have more ISO's when the team can't make any baskets. We started shooting poorly, therefore Harden tried to will us to win himself.

7. jamesharder

jamesharder Member

i think we may defeat them by 20+ points... let's see

8. HardLin

HardLin Member

Denver in Denver will be tough. The did a statistical analysis of home court advantage and found that it didn't exist in basketball - except for Denver and Utah. The theory being that those stadiums are at higher altitude, so the home team would have an advantage being acclimated to that altitude. But since the Rockets beat Utah at Utah, anythings possible.

Denver beat our team at the beginning of the season, when the Rockets were still figuring things out. They beat our team at the tail end of a losing streak, when the team was out of sync. The team seems to be back in sync now, so it should be interesting.

9. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I'll be in Denver tomorrow. If I can convince my GF to go, then I might be at the game

10. just a word

just a word Member

Actually that's only true for certain cases. When the away team has had one day of rest and the home team two, the chances of winning are actually fairly good for an away game.

Wrote a thing on it here:
    http://www.thedreamshake.com/2013/1/4/3836694/utah-and-denver-might-not-be-too-bad-this-go-around

Was one of the reasons I wasnt too worried about Utah this go around.

11. OremLK

OremLK Member

Denver is such a bad matchup for us in almost every way. Expecting a letdown.

Then again I was pretty sure we'd lose in Utah, and look how that turned out.

12. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

A win here would boost the team's confidence even higher!

13. HardLin

HardLin Member

Wow, so if the Rockets either got less or more rest before Utah or Denver, the chances go down for them dramatically? That's pretty non-intuitive. Is there some kind of reason why 1 day of rest is the magic number, or could this just be a statistical anomaly?

14. Jedster

Jedster Member

My counter jinx worked last game so I'm gonna have to do one again.

Rockets will lose an ugly one to the Nuggets, and starters get benched in the 4th (except for Harden).

15. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Need to win, Lakers and Blazers about to take over our spot. Cannot afford to lose!

16. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

A win!!! Ever since Harden was named to the All-Star squad, he has been shooting less than 15 FGs a game, in 3 straight blowouts. He has been willing to share the ball, but if he goes back to shooting 20+ FGs a game, we likely will chalk a L.

17. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Both teams topping 110pts each? Expecting a fun and wild game.

18. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

If harden plays SG and midrange 2s are allowed then at least it will be a close game

19. Witchdoc

Witchdoc Member

The fact that you said your counter jinx worked last time means that this time your counter jinx wont work this time :(

*this attempt at counter-counter-counter jinxing will not work*

20. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

Hopefully we are on a Revenge Run