1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston or Austin?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by WhoMikeJames, Jul 22, 2010.

?

you know what to do

1. Houston

172 vote(s)
    54.4%
  2. Austin

144 vote(s)
    45.6%
  1. flipmode

flipmode Member

whoa whoa whoa... never spent a day on UT campus? this is not even a fair contest. austin wins. by a long shot. a very long shot.

think memorial park. then... multiply it by 3 (town lake, west campus, and 6th/4th street).

2. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

That's because Westlake High is in Eanes ISD. ;)

3. duwende

duwende Member

Grew up in Houston AND went to UT. Austin was great while I was living there, and during my tenure in ATX I basically didn't ever want to move back to Houston. After graduation most of my college friends pretty much all moved to Houston for grad school/work, and now I prefer to live in H-Town. Austin is always fun here and there for the weekend to go out, but living in Houston post-college grad/during your 20's is where it's at.

Both cities are awesome however, and if I ever had to move back to Austin again for some reason I wouldn't mind it.

4. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Poll is lopsided in favour of Austin, when you consider the fact the question is actually posed on a Houston forum.

5. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

Just moved back to Austin. Austin is great in every way but man I miss food in Houston. Austin is just awful compared to Houston in terms of restaurant choice.

6. Bear_Bryant

Bear_Bryant Member

Austin for College and early 20's.

Houston IMO would be a better place to live

7. flipmode

flipmode Member

fully agree. austin's getting better with the food truck movement, but there's still no "ethnic authentic" type of food except for random taquerias.

8. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Austin is absolutely beautiful but the populace is quickly outgrowing the infrastructure so I expect it to look just like Houston with the endless freeways and stripmalls in the next 10 years or so. It's already almost unrecognizable from it's musical mecca, ACL, "keep Austin weird", 6th Street, cultural heyday.

9. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Sorry bro. Was just trying to find a direct Austin vs. Houston thread (as I've been to Austin a fair amount recently) and this was the one. Didn't even read much of it.

10. Beryl

Beryl New Member

11. VanityHalfBlack

We already have our own Austin in Houston, it's called the Rice Village and the Sugar Land area..

12. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

This might have been a legit question like 10 years ago. ....but Austin has morphed into a mini-Dallas.

"weird" has gotten priced out of Austin, and the Dallas douchbag posse has taken over