1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Opinion: McHale's heart is not in coaching.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ShiniKashi, Jan 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShiniKashi

ShiniKashi Member

You know what a forum is? A place to entertain ideas and thoughts. Did I say anything about the teams performance? I didn't say anything about firing him, or anything of that sort. I've just noticed him just not looking so great recently, healthwise. Now my perception might be off, but I'm surely not the only person who has noticed this.

If expressing an opinion is a bannable offense, then you might as well move to Communist China where your thoughts are more in sync with others.

2. norcalhussla

norcalhussla Member

op u got a point, the guy does look like crap.

3. Bublanski

Bublanski Member

so the reason why mchale runs stupid offensive sets is because he's depressed?

smdh.....

4. JPhil93

JPhil93 Member

If thats the case then he'll quit. This never came up when we were winning and to be completely honest i think anyone with the January schedule we have would look somewhat beat up and depressed. In any case I was surprised he came back to coach at all this season. Losing a daughter that young is beyond any words.

5. dragonz

dragonz Member

Obviously alot ClutchFans' heart is at coaching since they seems to know alot about that by talking ****s about our coaches.

Morey should just fire McHale and pay a fan to be our next coach, GET IT DONE DM!

6. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

He's ****ing 6'10". If his life wasn't around basketball operations his size would be on display to the rest of the world. I think basketball is where he feels most comfortable in his own skin where there's plenty of really tall people to be around.

7. Gil

Gil Member

You've got to be kidding me.....

8. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

there is no debate that he lives and breaths basketball but there is more to basketball than coaching

9. MonKing

MonKing Member

McHale suffered a tragedy last year, no doubt. But no reason he would give up coaching after returning from mourning.

Many folks suffer the loss of a loved one, or are having medical issues themselves, or are under great financial strain. But they go about their daily activities and, outside of their closest family and friends, no one knows their burden. McHale is in the spotlight and therefore has less privacy. But he loves basketball and coaching so I'm sure he'll continue, even during difficult personal times.

10. D12Eminem

D12Eminem Member

At this point, I would imagine, that basketball & the people around him he gets to work with are helping him through this tough time. I think this is his little way out of constantly dwelling on the horrible tragedy just my thoughts.

I think he's done a better job than anyone thought in the first place. At the time when we were doing really well, before losing 7, we were the high octane Offensive machine grabbing boards, pushing it out for the fast break, and finishing. The D has disappeared a bit, and that lies as one issue, along with your starting PG not being able to shoot, and then not thinking of driving to the hoop more, but whatever. Point being is that Mchale is doing a pretty good job with what he was thrown at to just start off game 1 out of 82.

I think this is where we thought we'd be even after the Harden trade. Around .500. The team hasn't executed well recently & thus the blame, and the looks at the coach now start....

He is doing fine, and his heart is in the game!

11. M4-Nightvision

My heart goes out to coach Mchale and his family with the lost of their beloved daughter.

But I think the offense need to set more picks and screen for the guards to penetrate. while I was watching the rox plays on tv, I heard the announcers saying that everyone was standing around watching harden. Of course thats harden ball, everyone clear out for him to drive 1 on 1.

12. davek

davek Member

I am extremely angry at Mchale for benching Jlin constantly. You're messing with the team chemistry. This will be a cut and paste from http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=218754&page=68
    because I don't want to repeat myself:
    McFail doesn't even understand his own playing system. If you're offensively minded then TO are going to happen and "showing" blame by benching JLin doesn't do any good for JLin confidence or get the respect he need as the team PG!
    Look at OKC now the top offensive team PG Westbrook. His TO is higher than JLin and JLin FG% is actually slightly higher. What Jlin really need to do is shoot more and work on his 3pt% to improve the EFF since its offensively bias.

I feel bad bashing McHale but the constant benching of Jlin will not earn his team respect as a PG. What you're doing is shifting blame on Jlin when really the team D is terrible. Jlin stats compared to Westbrook in the defensive end OFF, DEF, RPG, SPG, BPG is pretty much at par. Westbrook may be higher because he plays more min...but Jlin STPG is higher with less min. That should alone tell you his defense is at par with offensive style game. What he needs to do is shoot more in the FG and work on his 3p%.

13. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Go to hell, OP.

14. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Worst thread of the year? Maybe he looks tired because coaching the youngest team in the NBA is an extremely taxing and stressful job. Just ask JVG, and go look for footage of him on the bench back when he was a coach.

McHale is one of the most fiery competitive athletes to ever play the game(see the Rambis foul). This guy cares more about the game of basketball then you will ever care about anything, and shame on you for even bringing up his daughter. So please lock this S$%# up.

15. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

To hell with his heart I think his brain isnt in it. It never has been or will be or even could be. Some people are not coaches. We should just hire Jordan next.

16. dobro1229

Lin was playing like crap, and Beverly wasnt. Playing time is earned, not given just because he has ridiculous fans like you, a fat contract, and had a nice stretch of games last year. Every single time Beverly was inserted into the game, the team went on a run. He was a huge part of winning that game. Go away please.

17. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

The man lost his ****ing daughter MID SEASON and came back to coach this team that just broke a huge losing streak and is the youngest in the NBA.

Seriously, F U OP for even hinting at questioning McHale's heart.

18. RiceRockets

RiceRockets Member

I don't agree...

19. PuzzledFan

PuzzledFan Member

One may not get over grief that quickly, but there's more of a tendency to throw yourself into your work to an unhealthy extent than to become disinterested. More of a tendency to make your work too much of your identity. Certainly that way with me at any rate. And it's not true that there's no joy in it. But your joy becomes just as compartmentalized as your sorrow.

20. dobro1229

Please stop

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.