1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2012-13

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Aug 10, 2012.

1. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

2. IronicMan

IronicMan Member

Horrible trade scenario for the Grizz. Why would they feel the need to include Conley who I think is a stud and locked up in a cheap 4 years contract?

3. CantGoLeft

CantGoLeft Member

The Hornets have no reason to move Vasquez and they're set @ PF with Davis and Anderson so they doen't need any of our players.

Memphis has no reason to move Conley.

4. Stilldream'n34

I don't have a trade idea just a trade target.
    Ersan Ilyasova
    Can play both forward spots, shoots 3s, rebounds
    25yrs old and just signed a 5yr 40mil deal (reasonable)
    Being that he is also from Turkey, maybe Asik and he can develop quick chemistry

5. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

#1585 fallenphoenix, Jan 20, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2013
  6. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

February 21.

1 person likes this.
  7. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

8. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

This trade popped up in my mind, and turns out that it actually works out well for everyone -

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=9wg4yh4

Houston out- Jeremy Lin, Marcus Morris, Cole Aldrich
    Houston In- Paul Millsap, Ben Udrih, & 2013 1st round pick(from GS per Utah) & 2014 2nd Rounder(back from Houston per MIL)

Utah out- Paul Millsap, 1st round pick
    Utah in- Brandon Jennings, Cole Aldrich

MIL out - Jennings, Udrih, 2nd rounder
    MIL in - Jeremy Lin, Morris
    .....................................................................................................

Great trade for everyone for a few different reasons-

Houston- The ability to help themselves both in the short term, and definitely long term. Making this move would free up major cap space. If the Rockets renounced the rights to Carlos Delfino, they could have roughly 26.4 million in cap space to go after say... a player "like" Dwight Howard, or trade for a super max player in the Summer, and then re-sign Millsap or whomever afterwards since Houston now owns his rights. Hell, they could just go after multiple all-star calliber players in free agency if they wanted to.

+ the Golden State first rounder will be a nice trade piece or could also supply a nice young player in next Summers draft.

The roster for the rest of the season would be-

PG: Udrih, Douglas, Beverly
    SG: Harden, Anderson
    SF: Parsons, Delfino
    PF: Millsap, Patterson, D-Mo, Jones, White
    C: Asik, Smith

This is not about the Rockets not liking Jeremy Lin. This is about the Rockets not preparing to acquire James Harden, and now going in another direction to build around him in the near future. They become a much better and well rounded team in the present, and are much better setup to become a contender overnight in the near future.

..................................................................................................

-For Utah, they are getting a future all-star calliber PG for a player they probably were going to let go of in the Summer, and reward the rockets with a draft pick in the meantime for saving them millions.

-For MIL, they essentially save $ both in the short term, and long term because Jennings will command close to the max in free agency this Summer. Adding Lin gives them star power they desperately lack, and gives them better size in the backcourt. Also reward Houston with a draft pick for Marcus Morris in the deal.

9. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

We are not trading Lin. Deal with it.

[​IMG]

But I don't really want this trade, because it will tie our hands in the free agent market.

If anything, I'd rather get an expiring contract like Josh Smith.

[​IMG]

10. Mock

Mock Member

What about a trade with the Kings?

They just officially announced that they are going to now be in Seattle. Just a couple mins ago.

I got this

Kings: recieve: Pattrick patterson, Carlos Delfino, Cole Aldrich

Rockets Receive: Tyreke Evans and Demarcus Cousins.

Considering this is one of the only trade that does not bankrupt us and we can pretty much come out even on cape space afterwards. Even if we need to alter the players we send I think trading with the King's is a good idea considering there going to be moving citys now and players might want out of that process and future.

11. Mock

Mock Member

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=atvgyp3

12. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

I bet in 2008 you would've offered Luther Head, Loren Woods and Kirk Snyder for Durant and Westbrook?.. :)

13. jocar

jocar Member

If our hunt for another all-star like DH/CP3/Love/LMA should fail, could two 2nd tier players be just as effective, and still put us in future contention (if we do not trade Lin/Harden/Asik)?

among the more realistic 2013 FA options..

Z-Bo $15.2 M
    Jefferson $14 M
    J Smith $12.4 M
    Milsap $8.5 M
    Gortat $6.8 M
    -----------------
    Delfino $3 M
    Pat $3 M
    Aldrich $2.5 M
    TD $2 M
    Morris $2 M
    White $1.7 M
    Parsons/TJones/DMo are untouchable, cuz I say so

Max cap is at $58 M. $45.8 M on the books for 2013-14.

So... moving Aldrich, TD, Pat, Morris, and Delfino, clears ~$22 M...enough room for

Iggy/Milsap,
    JSmith/Milsap,
    Z-bo/Gortat,
    Jefferson/Gortat

or move another ~$4M for JSmith/Jefferson
    or move another ~$5M for JSmith/ZBo

If we keep Delfino, we can still afford

Jsmith/Gortat

(Or something similar to that)..... Does a lineup of Lin/Harden/Asik/+ 2 of any above compete for a ring in a couple of years?

14. Morey=Money

Morey=Money Member

I like Ersan and so does Morey from past speculations. That is the kind of small tweak I could see Morey Making but I think Ersan is better at the 3 than the 4.

15. Morey=Money

Morey=Money Member

*FANTASY TRADE ALERT*

I wish the Bucks were blowing their team up. I would love to make this trade and allow this team to grow together. That would be a hell of an athletic team. Ellis would almost certainly win 6th man and Jennings would give us our second star with Sanders eventually becoming our 3 star. Plus Parsons and Jones not too shabby. That would definitely be a fun team to watch.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bk93p87

Jennings/Beverly
    Harden/Ellis
    Parsons/Llyasova
    Jones/D-Mo
    Sanders/Smith

ugh...anyway back to reality...sigh

16. Balakoth

Balakoth Member

17. stiiphler

stiiphler Member

18. Mock

Mock Member

Westbrook and Durant are quiet a bit different from tyreke evans and demarcus cousins. There athleticism is no where near and theire consistiancy and obviously they win games.

They should be our main targets considering Kings are moving. We could get them and give some draft picks and money.

19. CantGoLeft

CantGoLeft Member

Ummm. He's trying to say you're mucho loco if you think that's going to happen. They're not going to give those guys or DMC alone away for 2Pat, Delfino and Aldrich.

20. Mock

Mock Member

I also said *Add any players* and add draft picks and money opitions. The owner may take it considering he is selling the team and this would give the new owners a fresh young group and some draft picks.