1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Barkley to have jersey retired.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Ace, Jan 5, 2001.

Tags:
  1. Ace

Ace Contributing Member

2. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Damn, I was just about to post this!

[​IMG]

Congrats Sir Charles, you deserve it!!

------------------
    President of the Moochie Norris Fan Club - est. 99-00

3. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

Have the Sixers retired his jersey too?

Phoenix should retire his jersey, but I don't think he ever will. He left on pretty bad terms.

If he did get his jersey retired by all three teams, would he be the first to ever accomplish that?

------------------
    Who's ya daddy?

4. Steve_Francis_rules

I'm not sure, but Wilt Chamberlain might have had his jersey retired by the Sixers, Warrriors, and Lakers.

------------------

5. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Do you guys have a fear of clicking on links??

[​IMG]

The Sixers are retiring his jersey.

Phoenix has to retire his jersey!! Well they better because he took them to the Finals. Without Charles the Suns would have been a bubble team for years.

I beleive Wilt does have his jersey retired by all three teams.

------------------
    "Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever." - Gandhi

6. Bobby

Bobby Member

The only reason the Rockets aren't retiring Chuck's jersey here is because we'd have to get one so big no one would be able to see the court! (Just kidding) But did any of you see CB on the TNT post game show last night? Charles is now at 337 pounds! He could be playing offensive tackle in the NFL, or at least a starting hooker on an Australian Rugby team. Talk about banging in the paint!

------------------
    Houston Clutch fans - don't forget to vote YES for the Arena!

7. Steve_Francis_rules

Hooker? I guess in Australia that's something different than it is in America. [​IMG]
    The reason the rockets shouldn't retire his jersey is that he didn't have a huge impact on the team. We didn't win a championship with him and he wasn't here for that long anyway.

------------------

8. Miggidy Markell

Steve - LOL!!!!! I have read about Australian football before and there is a position called a Hooker! LOL!

------------------
    Miggidy Markell says:

1. Eastcoast is da sh*t
    2. Rockets rule
    3. Hip/Hop is dope
    4. Buy the new Ruff Ryders album!

Miggidy Markell is watching
    Stay STRAPPED & WATCH ya back or be Assimilated.

9. Steve_Francis_rules

CB with Suns:
    280 games
    23.4 PPG
    11.5 RPG
    1 MVP, 1 trip to the finals, 4 years on one of the all-nba teams. The team had a .664 winning percentage during his time there.
    CB with Rockets:
    183 games
    16.5 PPG
    12.2 RPG
    0 MVP, 0 trips to the finals, 0 years on one of the all-nba teams. The team had a .551 winning percentage during his time here.
    As you can see, he played nearly 100 fewer games here, with lesser results (except for the rebounding).
    I'm not saying that I'm totally against retiring his jersey, but it is clear he didn't do as much for us as he did for the suns.
    If we retire his jersey, shouldn't we retire Otis Thorpe's, Kenny Smith's, Vernon Maxwell's, and of course the player who was most responsible for our first championship, Scotty Brook's. [​IMG]

------------------

10. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Actually SFR, Charles was on Phoenix only slightly longer (about half a year longer), and only did a little more there (Finals with Phoenix WCF with Rockets), plus he got his 10,000th rebound with the Rocks,and he got us past Seattle, something none of the Rockets teams before him could do, so I say retire the big lugs jersey! He definitely deserves to have it retired in Philly and Phoenix as well. Congratulations Charles!

------------------
    "I have a scale at home and it only goes up so far, I love that scale!"
    - Charles Barkley
    TNT Studios

[This message has been edited by RocksMillenium (edited January 06, 2001).]

11. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

Vernon actually should have his jersey retired. After all, he was the second option on the first championship team.

------------------
    "Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning how to put food on their family while being put to death."

12. Steve_Francis_rules

I agree about vernon and maybe even thorpe and smith because they were here for a while and helped us win championships. But barkley only played 183 games and we didn't even get to the finals.

------------------