1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Pacers 1/18/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 17, 2013.

1. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

You got it wrong. It's not LOFs or LOHs, it's trolls pretending to be either fans or haters that are posting absurd things.

Don't fall for it.

2. kianainhi

kianainhi Member

Jeremy talks about his development, Hardin and more....

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/BNZOM4kVUo4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  3. cazyapma

cazyapma Member

Let's trade Asik for a PF and sign a center with elite offensive and defensive skills, 25/15/3 player for 25 mil 3 years... oh wait...

4. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

That's exactly what I meant. Because we can't win without Harden, Lin, Parsons and Asik being healthy, McHale has to realize this and stop riding them so much.

5. GoRockets!

GoRockets! Member

Thanks kianainhi for always posting the videos here. Lin is obviously down after another loss. :(

Lin mentions the No.1 he needs to improve is his defense. :eek: Noooo, your defense is good enough. The No.1 is to improve your 3s.

It seems the interviewer is from USA Today. I'm surprised that long after 'Linsanity', the national press is still interested in reporting him. ;)

6. jeddah

jeddah Member

I am not the type to label a fan whether they show extreme love to a certain player...you can't attack them because that's their own prerogative....

When we say something about a certain player, it's not attacking but merely an observation of what we see at best....we are pointing out that Harden is not exerting enough effort at D which is actually true but we are labelled immediately....we are saying that coach should give Lin a longer leash to run the offense and then again people will say that we have biases because we are Lin fans....

actually there are a lot of things to say against the team that we really are now confused what is the best for them...the coaches, the players, their strength and weaknesses that a scrambled up that we don't know anymore if they really are bad players or just struggling because of those mistakes....

7. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

Well said.

8. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

Maybe we can say McHale is only a second-year NBA coach that has never head-coached any team in postseason.

9. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

If McHale is more experienced as an NBA coach, he should be able to decide at the beginning of the fourth quarter if a game is still winnable so he'd better keep the starters in to fight till the end, or there is little hope and better let his starters rest for a more winnable game the following night.

Remember how Popovich rested the three superstars in the next city and had the bench fight the Heat all by themselves?

10. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

It's not the cards he's got, it's how he plays his hand.

Beverley just signed up. McHale will never know if he didn't played him in the last 3 games.

11. leslie

leslie Member

Yao Ming also had issue catching the ball during his early career, but he improved his catch by going through exercises of catching tennis balls. Maybe Asik can try the same training method this summer.

The following report was originally posted by pryuen (post#118, http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=122294&page=6):

12. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

asik 22 points 12 rbs is this career high?

nice to see him back to good offensive rhytm

13. kianainhi

kianainhi Member

GoRockets...thanks but all credit goes to the people who upload the vids and the creators of the highlights. I just post the vids for anyone who wants to view it.

I was surprised at his response on what he needs to improve on. I was expecting him to mention his 3's. I wonder if he personally believes that or the coaches are telling him that.

14. webattorney

webattorney Member

Response

I have been saying the same thing. You gotta take 15 shots per game: the way they play around Harden, teams already figured out how to stop him.

15. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

Dude, this is all coaching's fault. We run and gun, we destroy. The last 6 games, it seems like we are avoiding the run and gun. Mchale doesn't even look upset at the game in the sidelines. I think he feels comfortable playing this half court iso games. He's probably trying to implement the Boston offense of the 1980s. Sorry Mchale, our team is run and gun like the 1980s lakers. Deal with it.

16. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

I wouldn't make a big deal out of it. The Rockets ran into the best defense in the league and it was 3rd game in 4 days. There were better and more rested teams that were made look bad by the Pacers D.

17. split41

split41 Member

Dmo looks a bit lost to be honest, but he's barely getting any time. Garbage time for McHale seems to mean the last minute in a blowout :rolleyes:. His offensive game looks alright, but his defence is a bit of a mess, making a lot of rookie mistakes.

That being said though, he's playing with all the other end of the bench guys in those garbage minutes. I think he'd do a lot better playing with some of our more composed players, because in those garbage minutes there doesn't seem to be any flow or structure to the offence or defence.

So it's a bit hard to tell, that's why I'd like to see him get around 7 minutes so we can get a good idea of how NBA ready he really is.

18. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

The defence was pretty farsical out there. To let one of the worst offensive teams in the league get so many easy shots was disgsting to be honest. Harden and Lin talk about how defence needs to improve, but both were the worst culprits out there. Gorge Hill and DJ Augstine were having a field dayon Lin and Gorge was torching Harden. Morris and Patterson getting destroyed by West didnt help either.

Something has got to give. How long is McHale going to reward mediacore play of Morris and Patterson with minutes and letting Terrence Jones be wasted in the D league.

19. javajam

javajam Contributing Member

YES. It feels bad enough as it is.

ON TO THE NEXT GAME!

20. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

See, they made you fall for it.

That thread is filled with haters and trolls pretending to be LOFs. The easiest way to tell is if they make really absurd statements. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if it was just a few guys with multiple accounts (hiding behind a proxy) just trying to have fun.