1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Which assets would you hate to see go?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Lucky Charm, Jan 17, 2013.

1. pnr

pnr Member

Pretty much. Rox should look to get someone who can knock down open 3 pointers and play really good defense. That would really enable harden to thrive

2. ERC

ERC Member

For the time being... :)

3. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Hmm but as a Lin, you wouldn't mind him being a backup on another team? Because most teams already have a solid pg starting o_O. Although Rockets might not be the ideal situation for him system wise, he at least is getting the minutes to burn and improve.

4. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

doh!!

5. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

DMo ... 7ft with post skills, agility, shooting range and right attitude don't come around too often.

Play him

6. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

Well, to make them work together one or both of them has to change his game. For the time being Lin is trying to fit in and haters are calling for his head and cursing his ancestors. It's been half a season and the only time Lin played like Lin was in a game without Harden. Why make him give up what he excels at and expose him to something he's weak at? Just find another role player to work with Harden.

1 person likes this.
  7. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

trade either ppat or morris for picks and play DMO. keep the rest of the team.

we aren't winning a championship this season and we have some solid talent on the squad, lets see what we got before eagerly shipping of NEW players like Lin, Asik, etc before they even had a chance to gel properly. Not even half way through the season with a NEW TEAM. plus, morey has been on the record saying he wouldn't make any major moves and that Parsons is pretty much untradeable. Yes I heard that in one of his podcasts.

We will sign Smith, Milsaps, or someone over the summer. Unless a top 5 player becomes available I don't think Morey bails on our youth movement yet. They are content to allow them to take their lumps and grow as a unit. At some point, we have to STOP trading our team away and give them a chance to evolve and create some kind of chemistry.

8. RiceRockets

RiceRockets Member

Exactly this in my opinion.

9. Jontro

Jontro Member

Parsons, Donuts, Greg Smith.

10. ERC

ERC Member

Did you count how many hard falls Lin took in that 38p game against the Spurs? In the one where he blocked a lob to Duncan in OT, the thud was so loud my rear surround sound speakers actually picked it up! How many seasons do you think his body would last if he does it 82 games a year? He also attacks the rim by utilizing his quick first step; what happens when he gets older and that explosiveness is gone? You want him to become another Baron Davis, or do what Stoudemire did this off-season, i.e. trying to learn a new skill at the age of 30?

I don't like people calling him scrubs/overrated/overhypped either, but what better time is there to learn new skills than with a young, inexperienced team? So to answer your question in bold - I'd say it's because it would help him in the long run. And IIRC, Lin said he hoped he'd have a very long NBA career.

I get the indignation on his behalf, but I have faith it's gonna work out for him. Lin is more resilient than people give him credit for.

11. RedEyesKirby

RedEyesKirby Member

Unlike popular opinion, I would hate to see Lin go; then Asik; then Parsons in these order. I always treasure players who have good work ethic, class, humbleness, and unselfishness. I don't want any other PG to work with Harden atm because I know that most of the PG will try to get his own instead of looking to distribute. And as a BIG Harden fan, I'd love more than anything for my PG to be unselfish, hardworking and always looking out for him even when he's not hitting shots (Mavs game). Also can't get rid of their pre-game ritual :D

12. Mariachi ROCKET

D-MO, Chandler Bang, Big Gregg

13. Blaushark

Blaushark Member

NBA teams are all about business. Therefore; in my opinion there are only 2 'untouchable' players; Harden because he is the core player and Lin because he is drawing lots of business and income to the team; which will allow Rockets to go over luxury tax if they have to in order to build championship team. The rest of players are tradable for sure.

14. jocar

jocar Member

At this point, no one is untouchable,

Except Patrick Beverley.

Beverley Thrillbillies, all aboard! chUga chuugga ithinkican ithinkican...TooOOot-tOOoooT!

[​IMG]

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

I would hate to see James Harden go. That's about it.

16. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Parsons by far.

17. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

There's one thing that Chandler Parsons does for the Rockets that is incredibly valuable down the road. That is getting all the teammates together to build chemistry. Also, Parsons is still young, only getting better, and he is definitely the glue guy on the Rockets.

If the Rockets don't have to trade Parsons, I say they shouldn't. He is extremely important on and off the court. I think his personality really pulls the players together (except for Royce, who just doesn't care about anyone else but himself). I realized a lot of analyst and others outside of Houston are really big fans of Parsons. A lot of them really raved at how good Parsons is and what he can do on both ends of the floor.

I think moving forward, Parsons will be an incredibly important piece down the road. He's not good enough offensively to be the 2nd option but I think if the Rockets have enough talent, he would make a great role player or even a great 3rd option when his offense improves. Right now, he's still trying to find his niche but I think he will become a very good player. The type of player every contenders would love to have on their team...

Which is why I think Parsons is the one asset I don't want to let go, other than that, everyone else can go for all I care. Morris can go definitely. I'm sorry but Morris has been such an awful awful player. Every now and then, he would make a 3 or something but most of the time, he can't even buy a bucket. He is supposedly an offensive player but he is useless offensively lately.

18. CheukLau

CheukLau Member

1. Harden
    2. Asik
    3. Lin, Parsons
    4. Patterson, Morris
    5. Beverly, Jones
    6. Motiejunas, Smith
    7. Delfino, Douglas
    8. Anderson
    9. White
    10. Aldrich

19. cml750

cml750 Member

Parsons - he is the kind of glue guy you need on a team
    DMo - his skillset is very intriguing. If he ever realizes his potential, he would be the perfect fit for the offense as it is currently run.

20. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

If I were GM, only Harden would be untouchable obviously. Lin and Parsons I would hate to see go, but whatever.