1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Which assets would you hate to see go?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Lucky Charm, Jan 17, 2013.

1. Lucky Charm

Lucky Charm Member

As we all know, a trade for a star PF is imminent, or at least it should.

Harden is obviously untouchable. ~Insiders have also said the Rockets are set at the 1 and 5, which could be true but I think they'd still be up for grabs should another superstar come into play.

Which 2 or 3 players would it suck for you to see go in a trade?

I'd say Chandler and Lin (with PPat as an honorable mention).
    Chandler is a great glue guy, on and off the court. Very versatile player. And he's sexy.
    Lin because unlike some people, I *do* think he can successfully play with Harden given some time and they could easily be the most dangerous backcourt in the league.
    PPat would be a great guy to have coming off the bench. <s>for Kevin Love.</s> ;)

2. split41

split41 Member

3. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

There's no one on this team I'd lose sleep over trading except Harden. They're all expendable for tht 2nd franchise piece. That said, Parsons has really won me over with his all around game. He's already surpassed every expectation I had for him, and he's gonna get better. He may never be an allstar, but he's gonna be at least Battier caliber, and at 24, he's a guy you don't move unless its for a franchise player or a top 5 draft pick.

To a lesser degree, I'd be bummed to trade Dmo, if only because I think he has the most upside on our team of any player not named Harden.

4. pnr

pnr Member

Parsons smith delfino dougie beverley

5. just a word

just a word Member

I don't think Lin's being traded with how many Chinese ads there are in Toyota Center.

That being said, in order, Lin, Chandler, Asik/Smith (I CAN'T DECIDE WHICH TO PUT FIRST, I AM EQUALLY NUUUU AT EITHER OF THEM LEAVING), Douglas, Delfino, DMo, Beverley.

...tho, ngl, I'm kinda curious to see if Rockets can either get the Morris twins on the same team or to trade Mook to the Suns. Apparently they play better together and I want to see how that works.

6. Lucky Charm

Lucky Charm Member

Damn pnr, has the Beverley bandwagon taken off so quickly? :p

Aruba77, yeah DMo is gonna be great. Once he gains 50lbs of muscles, because until then, Im pretty sure my 5'3" self can bully him in the post.

That's be too much for my brain to progress. It's already a big mindf-ck when I watch the Suns, hehe.
    I totally forgot about Smith, I'd like to switch my vote from PPat to Greg. He's got such great hands for a big man.

7. DreamRoxCoogFan

can't get rid of harden, asik, parsons. I want to keep smith if possible. The rest of the roster is fair game.

8. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

Omer Asik. I like his work ethics, I think he has potential to be a lot better, but I don't think he'll get the chance to develop playing elsewhere.

9. ERC

ERC Member

All but White and Aldrich? I like the team we have.

10. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

11. djperm

djperm Contributing Member

<a href="<iframe width=" 560"="" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/p7CaiWxKYBo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""><iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/p7CaiWxKYBo" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

12. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Easy:- Harden, Lyn and Parsons......................... Y:p

13. Jamers

Jamers Member

Harden and Parsons... trade Asik and scrubs for Peko :grin:

14. Lucky Charm

Lucky Charm Member

Me too ERC, I've already grown attached to them all. Even Aldrich, he's a fantastic cheerleader on the bench :p
    But let's be real, a trade for a PF will happen and we're gonna lose some guys :(

15. freshstart

freshstart Member

Parsons
    Smith
    Motiejunas
    Lin

:grin:

16. rocketblood713

17. prs325

prs325 Member

TJones, DMo... I really wish they develop with the Rox

18. brah

brah Member

Well, as a Lin fan I hope the Rockets trade him. From the games I've watched Harden and Lin just aren't efficient together no matter how well McHale staggers their minutes.

Harden is essentially a combo guard that plays into Lin's role which makes Lin terribly inefficient and when Lin dominates the ball Harden's role is diminished. Since you get better production from Harden and he is the franchise player it makes sense to trade Lin for someone to complement Harden.

19. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

I agree with you there. Harden and Lin can play together, but you won't get the maximum output from both.

20. yunac010

yunac010 Member

As much as I want to see this young team grow together, aside from Harden, I won't be too heartbroken over losing anybody. Though I'd hate to see Parsons, Lin and Asik go.