1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Mavericks 1/16/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 16, 2013.

1. makman

makman Member

why would delfino be in to close the game when he hadn't hit anything, and then you also match him up on dirk, smh

2. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

exactly, Kevin McHale is clue less. The play they drew up when they were down 3 with 25 seconds left was inbound to asik, back to Harden, then Asik was supposed to pick Mike James, and Lin was supposed to catch and shoot!!!
    #1) Asik is no ballerina. SOmetimes he has trouble setting stationary picks, but now you want him to set a screen off the ball!?!?
    #2) Jeremy Lin is a bad catch and shoot guy!!! He's good at stopping and popping around a pick when he has the ball, but they basically drew up a play you would for sharpshooters like Ray Allen.

Common sense dictates, the Lin is give Lin the ball at the top of the key, set the pick, he either pops the 3 or goes around it, drives inside and go from there. WHy is this so hard to understand?

And every other time Lin cut the lead to 2-3, and the Rox magically got a defensive stop, Harden had to miss a shot. This is when Lin needs to just wave Harden off and call someone else to set a pick.

3. neoxyphus

neoxyphus Member

I'll start the blame game now.

Its all Lin's fault for losing the game because he missed 2 critical free throws and a bad TO to Parsons. Everyone else played great in 4Q except for Lin.

Beverley should take Lin's job. Because he scored 7pts in 13 minutes of play. Because of Lin, Harden had no choice but to brick shots, I blame 5-23 squarely on Lin, if Beverley had Lin's minutes Harden would be shooting 70%.

Everyone played great D except for Lin, he is why Collison KILLED the Rox today.

Delfino stunk up the boards as well because Lin stole his sausage, its why Lin went from 2/9 to 6/13 because he ate the sausage in 4Q, no wonder he missed the FTs he was poisoned!

(ok getting ready to duck from the LoF flames)

Seriously tho, sucky loss. I'm really perplexed at McHale's rotations, why is it 4Q everyone is always gassed? Can McHale start rotating more than 9 players please? Lin showed a bit of clutchiness, but wtf is with 6/10 FTs?

General sloppiness and lack of inside game, defense was atrocious again. Harden was sigh, but he has the greenlight to shoot all night.

We need a legit PF now, sucks being 9th :/

4. kozmo

kozmo Member

agreed.... i love it when people talk basketball here and not BENCH THIS GUY OR THAT GUT

5. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Lin scored because he aggressively took the ball to the rack like he is supposed to.

6. PRaZe

PRaZe Member

I don't get this all hate towards Lin. I recently joined the forums and then every time Rockets lose I read Lin did this, Lin did that. What about the coach? They forgot about Parson he was 4-6 from 3 pt line (could have given him the ball during crunch time. What about Harden? he went 5-23 and every time he relies on foul call but the whistles was not blowing. So if I was him take it to the rack and try to dunk it. Yeah I know Lin did bad at 1st half (and that fast ball to parsons) but he got us back late in 4th quarter. Can anyone tell me why people hate Lin so much? I'm so confused..

7. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

LOL @ people blaming Parsons for not catching that pass. It's not like that one play caused us the game.

8. torocan

torocan Member

Stuff that killed us this game...

-Harden ice cold and a bit too much Hero ball. 5/23, 1/8 from 3 point land, 4 TO, 5 fouls
    -Delfino missing shots and turnovers. 2/7, 5 TO
    -Silly fouls by multiple players putting Dallas on the line. Harden 5 fouls. Parsons 5 fouls. Smith 5 fouls. Morris 4 fouls.

Yes, there was some dodgy officiating, but fewer fouls and Harden making 2 or 3 more shots and this is a win.

Poor shooting by Harden, too many fouls by Smith, Morris, Parsons and Harden, and a rash of turn overs at the end of the 2nd quarter is what killed us in the end.

On the bright side, Asik made his FT's, Lin had a clutch 4th quarter, and Beverly looks like he can legitimately give Lin some rest.

Tough way to lose, but it seems like we always lose in Dallas. :(

9. PeterDLai

PeterDLai Member

Welcome to the Internet?

10. aesthetics80

aesthetics80 Member

Notice that 3 he splashed was OFF THE DRIBBLE. Lin has always shot way better off the dribble than spot up, even in that Spurs game where he went 5-7 and 2 more long ones with toe on the line most were off the dribble.

11. ERC

ERC Member

I'd take Lin's 1-of-3 (and it came at a crucial 4Q) over Harden's 1-of-8 any day.

12. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

So it takes a Harden off-night for the coaches to approve some Harden-Lin PnR :(

Stupid coaches :mad:

13. kozmo

kozmo Member

well i think maybe the offense changes some tonight and we start seeing more pick and rolls....fact is Lin was great in NY at? PNR....thats what he does....if it werent for Lin we get blown out.....

14. yohimbe505

yohimbe505 Member

Indecision.

He's being doing it all year... His whole year has been about apprehension and indecision. I'm going to assume he's being over-coached and not allowed the same freedom Harden is allowed.

15. Penetrate&Creat

A lot of nut hugging of Lin, which pisses people off, in turn causes blind hatred for him.

Lin is still technically a Rookie folks. Give him time to solidify his game and we'll see Linsanity again, guaranteed. However, we won't see it under the tutelage of McHale. that is all.

16. makman

makman Member

On a brighter note, Beverley looks like he could be the next backup point in our forever rotating backup to starter to traded list.

17. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

Please don't fall for the Lin vs. Harden/Toney/Beverley trap.

18. aesthetics80

aesthetics80 Member

This game was lost in the 1st quarter.

We outscored the Mavs every quarter after but not enough to overcome that putrid 1st.

19. lookabove

lookabove Contributing Member

Unfortunate he only getting 1pt instead 2pts. Painful watch and I know Harden such ass, but you have to clutch even when your dead tired.

20. BaconAndEggs

BaconAndEggs Member

No one on the team can set picks aside from Harden and we can't have him expending energy on PnR for Lin 4 Qtrs.