1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Clippers @ Rockets 1/15/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 13, 2013.

1. jeddah

jeddah Member

Hey King1 gd morning to u...now u'r attacking the fans because u can't attack JLIN..lol...okay,just for the record,who do u think are the LOF's in this forum so that people will be advised...please list them down...I'll wait for that reply

I am a Lin fan but I can assure u that I am not dumb...:p

2. Nook

Nook Member

I guess it depends on how you define bright spot. Parsons defense was mediocre, especially when guarding Crawford. Harden was actually inefficient tonight, his turnover + shot attempts = about the same as his points, not efficient. Lin had 10 assist and few turnovers, but needed 11 points to get 12 points, and his defense was poor.

I cannot say much bad about Delfino... But on the whole, even what the team did well (Lin/Harden/Parsons) they gave up in other ways.

3. New

The Clippers repeated the same play successfully like 5 times and we still do not have an answer. I do not know what's going on!

Some of those TOs are just really Harden and Lin (I know Lin only had one TO this game) not being careful...

4. Lucky Charm

Lucky Charm Member

And seeing Blake Griffin treat PPat like a used c*m rag made me once again realize how badly this team needs a post threat :(
    Let's hope the rumors that Morey is working on a trade for solid 4 are true because this team needs it in the worst way.

This is true roxxy. Everyone keeps focusing too much on the negatives but there's plenty of positive considering it's the youngest team against the freaking Clippers.
    I don't think any one of our guys had a bad game in particular. The defense was great in the first half, it was the second half they just came out flat and weren't as intense.

5. roxxy

roxxy Member

Everybody's D was poor. It has been like that all season. We are never going to be a great D team, guys are two young & we don't have enough talent on the defensive end. Only three players have a positive impact on D Lin Asik Delfino everyone else is a big fat negative.

And notice I was very specific in my discussion about bright spots. I mentioned that specific Harden move as a bright spot (you brought up his D & TO's). I mentioned Lin's Assist to TO ratio as a bright spot (never brought up his shooting).

6. lfw

lfw Rookie

I noticed that Douglas is not brought in to close out games for "defensive purposes" anymore. :grin:

7. aesthetics80

aesthetics80 Member

His scoring numbers have regressed from last season because his role is completely different. He has actually improved his game overall. His usage is nowhere near the same as in NY, there is no pick-and-roll being used, and Harden is the center of the offense. If Lin took 20 shots per game like he did last season he'd be scoring a lot more. Look what happened in the Spurs game. If Jeremy was in Felton's role in NY right now he'd be putting up at least 16 and 8 averages imo.

Tony Parker, Rondo, Lowry, Dragic, all took many seasons to reach their peak. Lin is 24 but experience wise at the NBA level he's still very green.

He isn't a rookie technically, but he hasn't even played a full season as a starter. Eric Bledsoe has more NBA minutes than Jeremy, I doubt people are saying he's as good as he'll ever be.

Lin has already shown flashes of what his ceiling can be with Linsanity last season and at times this season. I'm not saying he WILL reach that ceiling but at the same time I can't say that he won't. It's all conjecture at this point.

8. RocketTempo

RocketTempo Contributing Member

I have counted, there is only one single f** screen set for Lin (by Smith) in the entire game, which resulted in Lin's hitting a mid-range jumper. Most of other times, they just let Lin beat his defender by himself. which resulted in nothing but either a turn over or an ineffective pass to his teammate which basically reset the offense. The coaches are really out of mind by not designing good PnR for their guards. they should go back to watch the second Knicks game again to see how effective Lin's game would be with good screens.

9. Nook

Nook Member

You and I both know that switches and playing picks is one small part of PPP, so to rely on it is disingenuous. Further, you also know that PPP is largely dependent on how those around you switch and defend. Team defense is a huge factor, especially when it is primarily guards being picked. Last, defensive metrics are very limited.

Indeed in the last week there was an article stating discussing how Synergy statistics had Steve Novak as an elite defender.

So yeah you are wrong. Patterson is about as good a team defender as their is on the roster. ; )

10. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

They won 2 back2back games without Paul. TOs and FTs killing us.

11. highlander3128

Do you have anything better than that to contribute? "Lmao" doesn't cover your ass!!!

12. Bball_4life

Bball_4life Member

Arrogant ppl like King1 who thinks he is a coach, constantly like say things like "LOF don't know anything about basketball" are ppl who needs a reality check. All his posts (King1 and a few others) are RUBBISH, but yet, he thinks others are ruining threads; what a joke :grin:. A

13. Luca

Luca Member

Our defence was horrendous in the second half.

14. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Am I wrong, or did I see a post a while ago where you said you were a female? Between this post, and two others where you referenced a used condom and a hairy *******, I must say you are pretty filthy for a female. Not that there's anything wrong with it.

15. javajam

javajam Contributing Member

Shouldn't take him so seriously

16. lfw

lfw Rookie

Novak also isn't starting and playing 30+ minutes a night like Lin is though.

17. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

King1 and cyclorider is on my ignore list. I don't think I am the only one.

18. pnr

pnr Member

I'm pretty sure Novak gets assigned to the opposing team's worst offensive player too-that could probably have a lot to do with his synergy stats.

19. leslie

leslie Member

When Battier was on our team, he did evaluate to get a hand in his man's face, but he evaluated only after his man had already evaluated so he rarely got into foul trouble. His hand was only 1-2 inches from his man's face most of the time because he's 6'8 with elite lateral quickness. Lin simply doesn't have Battier's length and quickness to effectively cover Crawford's eyes, and when Crawford is on fire, no one can stop him one-on-one.

20. Luca

Luca Member

Lol, there is nothing wrong with that and it doesn't bother me at all. It is freedom of speech lol.