1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This might be D-mo's time

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by haiti1804, Jan 12, 2013.

1. teebone21

teebone21 Member

hell nah, he is way to slow and cant shoot worth a damn. It will get us torched. Jones plays strong in the paint and can block shots. He needs to be down there with asik

2. Houstonas

Houstonas Member

YES HE WILL GET THE PLAYING TIME, oh wait...McHale is Rockets coach

3. IronicMan

IronicMan Member

McHale should have done a Popovich and gave up a game during the 4 games in 5 days stretch and gives the majority of the minutes to the rookies.

4. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

Basicly that is what I think is happening too. The original post cites Yao and Dirk looking bad their first year as a reason that D-mo should play even if he doesn't look 100% ready. The counter arguement is that Yao and Dirk playing poorly and then improving could also be a reason to keep playing Patterson and/or Morris, both of whom have never been starters before and could also improve with patience.

That doesn't mean they get their jobs indefinitely, but it's not like they haven't had some good games to mix in with their bad ones. You need to give Patterson and Morris the same level of patience you want the team to give D-Mo. Otherwise when D-mo does get a shot, if he has any struggles you are going to see the same thread saying Terrence Jones should be given the spot, and so on.

5. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

6. JJ23

JJ23 Rookie

Might is a very very broad term

7. steady

steady Member

Morey took questions on Twitter today:

Daryl Morey ‏@dmorey
    Playing well in practice/NBDL-tough 2crack rotation-guys playing well MT @DUNOTS Motiejunas? Game intriguing, will he get chance? #SSAChat13

8. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

I actually agree, good post.

Mr. D

9. Wapzoe

Wapzoe Member

The problem i have with DMO is that he cannot defend well enough (he looks like Harden on D losing his man all the time) and he really cannot rebound (possibly because he's too light? I hope that's the reason a 7 footer can't grab a board)

I think he needs to get blooded a little more this season to understand the NBA game better and i would love to see him in action a little more