1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The official "Look at the bright side" thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Caltex2, Jan 13, 2013.

1. Caltex2

Caltex2 Member

-JJ Watt had a breakout year and seems to become a franchise icon for many years.

-Kubiak may have reason to review Matt Schaub.

-The team won playoff games in back-to-back seasons, something the Lions, Falcons
    (40+ years), Saints (40+), Buccaneers, Chiefs (50+ years) and Panthers have never done. The Cardinals and Jaguars have done it once.

-The Texans won back-to-back division titles, something the Oilers/Titans (since the merger), Bucs, Lions, Jets (since the merger), Chiefs and Panthers have never done.

-The Texans won 12 games this season. The Cardinals have never done that in 100+ years of football while the Lions have never won more in 80+ years. The Panthers have also never won more in 17 years, the Bengals no more in 40+, the Bucs in 35+ years, the Jets/Titans (AFL) in 50+ while the Browns haven't in 60+ NFL seasons.

-At least they didn't fool themselves into thinking they were anywhere close to unflawed by crashing the Super Bowl party.

-At least they didn't lose in choking fashion, making you :mad: while losing.

Basically this season and the current administration is not a failure even if some notable changes need to be made.

1 person likes this.
  2. 713

713 Member

The Texans are a really great team but they still have just a little more improving to be done.

In this game the Patriots were just the better team but who's to say that this is going to be the case next year. If the texans continue to improve especially with all of these young players, next year could be the beginning of a new NFL dynasty.

Win or lose imma Texans fan till I die!!

3. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

I'm afraid we are going to end up like the Chargers.

4. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

610 will finally maybe start talking about the Rockets now.

5. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

Sadly, I don't think this is very likely. To the bitter end, Kubiak will go down with the Schaub.

6. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Yeah, talk about the rebuilding Rockets during the Texans' incredible season (although it ended disappointingly)

7. Caltex2

Caltex2 Member

Like I said, it could be worse. Look at all that stuff the organization has done in the last two years that some teams have never done. And we can't be bummed about never making a Super Bowl after only 11 years. This team is only a move or two away from being potentially the Super Bowl favorite at some point next year (note that I didn't say going into next year).

8. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

Fire Kubiak! That will be a great offseason move!

9. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

You guys who are blaming Kubiak and Schaub need to GTFO.

We finally got our number two WR for the future in Posey!
    JJ Watt is a Beast!
    And as long as Schaub is here we will have a chance to be contenders every year believe it or not.
    This team is talented enough to contend again next year.

10. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Who just tore his Achilles and is gonna be out most of next year.

11. CCorn

CCorn Member

I have a date tonight, told her I needed someone to cheer me up... :)

And **** we were in the elite 8, it takes time. Look at the Falcons.

1 person likes this.
  12. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

I know Suggs and Posey are different but Suggs injured his achilles right before the season started and came back mid season if he can do it why cant Posey.

13. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

The bright side is the Texans will still be a competitive playoff team for the next several years since the core of Schaub, Brown, Foster, AJ, Myers, Daniels on offense and Watt, Cushing, Reed, Mercilus, Joseph, Jackson, Manning on defense should be all together.

Outside of AJ this team is still young. Let Barwin go and start Mercilus. Resign Quin. Try to do an extension with Cushing and keep Ninja for one more year. I think Harris showed enough this year to replace McCain if he becomes too expensive.

Coaching leave Marciano in Foxboro and hope Belichek has a mental lapse and signs him.

Draft: more depth just like the last several years. I don't think RT is quite the issue we thought, Newton looks pretty good when healthy. Definitely more LB depth is needed.

All in all you can chalk this one up to the choke job the last two games of the season. Win one of those and who knows maybe someone knocks off the Patriots for us. Sadly they were the only team in the AFC that we should have feared in the playoffs. If we could have just missed them I think we could have gone all the way.

14. rockets-#1

rockets-#1 Contributing Member

on the bright side: the Texans are a fan-friendly, fun regular season team to watch

on the downside: up to this point, they've proven they are not a playoff team (couldn't even beat the great teams in the regular season this past year)

15. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

Hey, at least we're not the Browns!

16. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Amazing season overall clouded with doubt because of our play down the stretch of the season...the presence of Cushing was dearly missed...but overall our team was remarkably healthy...Kudos to the Texans for being a winning product...now its time to work on beating the best of the best...thats really all that is left to accomplish...have to win the big games when things are on the line...

17. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

Is Schaub really that bad?

He threw a perfect touchdown pass to James Casey on the opening drive, that was dropped. It's easy to blame Schaub, but this is a team game. Everyone has to seize the moment.

Schaub will learn from his first playoff experience and hopefully be better for it. That's the bright side.

18. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

The bright side...

- Arian Foster is still one of the best play makers in the NFL when given the chance.

- Andre Johnson is still one of the best WRs in the NFL.

- JJ Watt is still one of the best defensive players in the NFL

- Posey showed promise with that last catch proving he is a legit threat that the coaches would be stupid not to work into the game plan next season once healed.

19. Classic

Classic Member

Fun team & fun 85% of the season. These are all good guys to root for. Glad my one game in person this year was the Baltimore game.

20. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Cushing coming back will have a huge impact. I'd like to see us add some depth at the ILB spot. We also desperately need another playmaker on the D-line to pair with Watt. Cody and Barwin sucked this year