1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Playoffs: Texans @ Patriots

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Jan 7, 2013.

1. SacTown

SacTown Member

I blame tom brady.

2. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I'd like to see us pick up a real FB, maybe a pass blocking TE too. That will help in pass protection and the running game too. I wish we still had Dressen and Leach.

3. TheresTheDagger

The defense was playing Tom Brady.

The offense wasn't playing the '85 Bears.

4. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

This is a Texans fan forum. What are you doing here?

Sacramento doesn't even have a professional sports team. Every time a Houston team loses a big game you are right their laughing. You are such a troll.

5. SacTown

SacTown Member

How about the throw right after that drop? Aj wide open

6. SacTown

SacTown Member

Schaub is a bum. Dont blame me.

7. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

No...two things...their line kept manhandling ours...on both sides...who knew that they would run the ball down our throats...and Brady didnt have his spot perfect day...we even got a gift...with Gronk getting hurt...and we still got dropped a 40 spot...as a fan Love the optimism...but now...expectations have changed...AJ, Matt, Walter, and Daniels are a year older...Things need to be addressed drastically in regards to the line...forget about resign Barwin...Quinn is a must..but we need solid Oline help...

BTW...Antonio Smith may be a cap casualty...

8. the futants

the futants Contributing Member

I agree with almost all of this. Several times Schaub broke the pressure and had time and simply threw it away for no reason.

The play-calling was atrocious for most of the night. The Patriots are simply a better team. Sadly, the Texans won't do anything (shy of showing up for the draft) do improve. Schaub cannot adjust. Kubiak has the offense on creative Lock-Down. No urgency. No audible-ability. Nothing.

The defense certainly played their part in the demise...

9. Nook

Nook Member

I am not talking about spectacular plays. He screws up plays on 1st and 2nd down. He exercises poor judgment in my opinion. As far as 1st and 2nd down, Kubiak has to be one of the most predictable play callers in the NFL.

10. conquistador#11

not really. brady just replaces them, hence the 2 tds by who, what was his name? kareem areem

11. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

The Pats in the playoffs with a strong running game -- the Texans are lucky they were even close. This definitely isn't the kind of game you use to make personnel decisions.

12. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

And your point? You're satisfied with blaming your offense b/c your defense is playing an all-timer so it's expected he'll score 40+ points on you? Word to the Giants?

The offense put up 28 points. Usually 28 points a game wins you the game.

Schaub isn't elite, but he did led an offense to score enough. I thought the Texans had no chance to score more than 25 points (and they needed more than 25 points to win). They scored 28 points.

Didn't know their defense sucks balls. Brady wasn't even trying.

13. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Nobody disagrees with you, but you always have something negative to say about Houston sports teams when they lose a big game. What are you trying to accomplish?

14. rockets-#1

rockets-#1 Contributing Member

I was just wondering, if the Texans don't fail and lose three of their last four games and instead get the #1 seed, do they avoid playing NE in the divisional?

Basically, I wonder who would have been the 2/3 seed had they been #1?

15. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I thought Sactown was a Texans fan. He just hates the Rockets for some odd reason on Houston Rockets fan site Clutchfans.

16. VanityHalfBlack

Hey at least we're not the Lakers, oops, wrong sport?

17. Nook

Nook Member

There will be no changes... The owner and HC are very conservative.

18. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Yeah, I noticed that also.

19. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

1st meeting - 33 carries, 130 yards
    Today - 25 carries, 122 yards

They ran fairly effectively against last time. It's not a shock to me they did it again. They like to get their opponents in nickel coverage, go hurry up, and run against only 2 LB's. That's part of their offense and you know we knew it was coming. We just couldn't stop it.

20. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I blame the fact that the Texans are a worse team than the Patriots.

It wasn't a matter of the Texans failing...it's just a matter of they are not in the same class as the Patriots.