1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Greivis Vasquez

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by LBJ-Tmac, Jan 12, 2013.

Tags:
  1. LBJ-Tmac

LBJ-Tmac Member

Is he putting up stats on a bad team or is he actually pretty good.

In the 2 games I watched against Houston he looked pretty equal to Lin.

Could we not have landed him this offseason to shore up our backup position.

2. VanityHalfBlack

If they take out Vasquez, the Hornets won't even win a single game imo... I hope he sticks with them, they'll be good in the future for sure...

3. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

He was one of the best NCAA players and would likely succeed as a starter for most teams, definitely one of the most under the radar players in the league.

4. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

He's the one handling the ball most of the time, and they run a lot of picks for him. He's definitely having a good year so far.

5. C1UTCH-C1TY

C1UTCH-C1TY Member

'Almost equal to Lin '

Lol. He's better than Lin , and his stats have priced that this season . Not to mention his consistency.

6. C1UTCH-C1TY

C1UTCH-C1TY Member

Proved* not priced .

7. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

Stats on a bad team mean nothing. Every team in the NBA is going to score about 90pts, grab 38-40 rebounds and dish out almost 20 assists a night. Somebody has to score those points, grab those rebounds and get those assists.

8. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

He's good. He puts up points and dishes out a lot of assists. He's top 5 in APG.

9. VanityHalfBlack

His defense is questionable though, no????

10. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

So very true.

But Vasquez did look pretty good the few times I have seen him.

11. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

He's got some potential, and with his size he would be a handful at point guard. He's got a chance to be very good down the line.

If the Rockets acquired him, I wouldn't expect him to start - but he would play big minutes off the bench.

12. gah

gah Member

I've always liked him and I never understood why Memphis gave him up so easily.
    It sucks that we are in the same division but I want to see NOLA keeping it going as long as it doesn't affect us.

13. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Good stats on a bad team.

14. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Greivis has mastered two go-to moves that I've ALWAYS seen him use during games. The running paint floater and the instant three off a screen on-ball or off-ball.

That being said he's nothing special.

15. conquistador#11

wanted this guy on our team since draft day, not just because of his last name.
    grizzlies let go of yet another PG who is more superior than the one they have.

Lol at putting up stats on a sucky team comment. He is playing the point, not a shooting guard. It's more impressive how he sets up the offense. He has the trust of his "sucky" teammates. Now a true sucky guy going of for 15 points in the 4th qtr, that's another topic. still pissed at that.

16. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

Being on a bad team does not explain his good shooting percentages. He is scoring efficiently which has nothing to do with the hornets being bad

17. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Low upside, bad record.

18. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Vasquez is not better than Conley, shows how much you know about basketball

19. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

I feel he is putting up stats for a bad team. The Offense is run through him, If he didnt put up these kind of #s then IDK what to tell you. He's a good player, I think his numbers are a bit inflated though. Maybe he'll prove me wrong though. This is MY take on the guy (who I hate since NCAA vs Houston)

20. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Hornets record is terrible despite the little streak they've been on. Watch most of their bad games and tell me how he plays game to game with the ball in his hands so much. He's a solid PG though.