1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Boston writer gives Texans ultimate insult

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by liamrock, Jan 6, 2013.

1. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I don't disagree...but I think the article helps. No one likes being called a fraud. No one likes having their accomplishments questioned like that.

2. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Clutch City HQs is about to relocate from Greenway to Reliant.

3. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

I'm not expecting a win.. considering it looked like Belichek has Gary's playbook down but this is the NFL and I've seen crazier things happen. As far as the writer.. **** him.

4. arjun

arjun Member

the same Patriots team that farted against the 49ers after killing us?

I'm not afraid of them, I think we will have to get a bit lucky and have things go our way to win...but it can be done.

I believe in our Texans.

5. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

How can one possibly say he has a point? When we were 11-1 we had played 4 playoff caliber teams and were 3-1 against them. For all the talk that everyone has about this Texans' team losing games when their back was against the wall, they lose the games they should've won, yada yada yada; this Texans team is still one of only 2 teams in the NFL that only lost to playoff teams (Denver). Not saying that it makes us surefire Super Bowl champs, but it dang sure doesn't make us the worst 11-1 team in NFL history. Heck in the same season we have the Atlanta Falcons who went 13-3 with all 3 loses coming to teams who did not make the playoffs (N.O., CAR, and T.B.), not to mention all of the close calls (vs Carolina, vs Oakland, @Tampa Bay, vs Dallas, vs Arizona,)

I understand we lost convincingly on Nat'l TV, but this dude's article has absolutely ZERO merritt (Homer talking)

6. HoustonRockets

are there any quotes from Texans' players regarding this article?

7. micks96

micks96 Member

What are some great upsets in recent playoff memory?

Giants over Pats in SB is the biggest in history (beats Namath over Colts)
    Seahawks over Saints is up there

If the Texans won, it'd be hard 20 years from now to look back and say a 12-4 team beating another 12-4 was a big upset, but it would rank up there.

8. meh

meh Contributing Member

Yes, but those teams had match up advantages. Seattle was at home, and they shredded a horrible Saints run D. Giants pass rush was awesome and abused the Patriots pass protection.

Is there something the Texans can take advantage of? They've shown that big DTs can maul their interior line like Suh and Wilfork. So the running game is suspect. The Patriots knew how to contain the play-action, so that part isn't good. Schaub just isn't very good as a straight drop-back passer, and the Texans lack the receivers to truly abuse the Patriots secondary. On the other side, the Texans don't have much of a pass rush like they did last year. They lack the personnel to matchup with Hernandez and Gronk. And their special teams are possibly the worst in the NFL.

Not saying the Texans have no chance, but there's not a single area that can at least provide a huge mismatch against them.

9. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Matt S was asked about it this morning on 610. He basically blew it off.

10. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

LOL! What "frauds" are they talking about... are they calling Cincinnati WORSE? How do you think the 12 loser teams that didn't beat us feel?

Probably the only ones who may have deserved to beat us fair and square were the Lions, who got shafted by their own coach.

:eek:
    MAtt Schaub on his weekly Monday segment said that this is what they get paid for as writers, to stir up stuff like this, but most players don't let this get to them and if they did, they should have no business playing the game. :eek:

11. micks96

micks96 Member

Running off Duane Brown blocks is the heart of our run game and I don't think the Pats have great DE. We couldn't really build the run game against the Pats cause we were down 3 scores in the first quarter, but Arian will have to run as good as he did Saturday for us to have a chance.

Broken record comment: We have to get to Brady. Even if we get good pressure, our DBs have to cover those quick routes.

We're going to have to win the TO battle and control the clock. If we get down by more than 10, it's probably over cause Kubs won't run as much.

Wasn't the NE game when Tate came in and had a few 10 yard rushes? He was in against the Bengals, but it was always Play-action.

12. ThisIsAlanR

ThisIsAlanR Member

And Denver being one of them, the #1 seed in the AFC.

13. Kate81

Kate81 Member

Tebow lol.

14. Nimo

Nimo Member

This is just one writer's attempt to get national attention. I guarantee you the Patriot players will come out refuting this big time. It would have meant more if someone from the Patriots organization said it.

15. The_Dream

The_Dream Member

Foster has a part of the article as his Twitter avi or avatar or whatever it's called.

16. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Yeah I saw that. This is setting up to be a David vs Goliath type game.

And David just got some fire.

17. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

figures. he's the best player and might aswell be the leader of the offense.

18. MystikArkitect

Damn that troll must need some Pepto after all that he's been fed.

After seeing various responses from Bostonians, seems that his original piece before MNF and this one are simply set up pieces. NE wins and he looks like a genius, NE loses and he gets to thrash Belichik and Brady which he apparently likes to do quite a bit as well.

The word hack doesn't quite cut it here.

19. Rockets R' Us

Rockets R' Us Contributing Member

20. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Best thing that could happen to the team. Hopefully its enough to pull out a win.