1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bears interviewing Texans OC Rick Dennision

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Commodore, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>NFL sources confirm the Bears received permission from the Texans to interview Houston offensive coordinator Rick Dennision.</p>&mdash; Mark Berman (@MarkBermanFox26) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/287942701834440704" data-datetime="2013-01-06T09:24:24+00:00">January 6, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

What does this guy do anyway? Get Kubiak's morning coffee?

1 person likes this.
  3. moligity

moligity Contributing Member

“I’ve known the Broncos forever. If it is (an advantage), that’s great, I’ll use that to the best of my abilities. I’m orange and blue all the way through. I just work in Houston now.”—Texans offensive coordinator Rick Dennison in an interview with the Denver Post [12/2011]

http://blog.chron.com/sportsjustice/2011/01/texans-offensive-coordinator-rick-dennison-opens-his-mouth-and-says-something-dumb/

Leave already, no worries ... goodbye. We can blame our late season offensive struggles on 'Not so slick' Rick

4. The Bird

The Bird Member

Bring back Greg Knapp!!! :grin:

5. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. conquistador#11

having cutler move outside the pocket with designed pass plays will make him a better qb, instead of making questionable throws due to his line getting bombarded over the A gap. Smart hire this would be.
    Can we haz kyle shannahan back!!?!

7. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

If I am correct, he's interviewing to be their head coach. I'd be surprised if he gets that job without prior HC experience.

Whoever, if he does leave, bringing back Knapp as OC would be fine by me. You at least have to consider the apparent drop off in our passing game since Shanahan left.

8. CCorn

CCorn Member

Yesterday I googled texans OC to see who it was. Does the guy even do anything?

9. Nook

Nook Member

Cutler will never be special and the Bears can have Denniston.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/story/2...nison-honored-bears-want-to-int#ixzz2HDqkYGVN

11. REDNINJA

REDNINJA Member

12. Nook

Nook Member

In fairness to him he does do a lot. He works with many of the players one on one and many times he designs the play calls but Kubiak can over rule him. Their philosophies are so similar and they work seemlessly together.

Having said that I wouldn't want him as my OC or head coach.

13. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

Best of luck to him. Frankly I have not been impressed with the offense during his time as OC. We have been so reliant on Foster or simple pass plays, that I question him in a way that I never did Kyle Shanahan.

If he does go to the Bears, their fans should at least be glad that their offensive line will improve.

14. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

So this is the genius who cannot figure out that a bubble screen will not be effective if you have not established that you can throw the ball downfield on a routine basis.

15. G Zus Kryst

G Zus Kryst Rookie

Rick "Rico" Dennison

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Nx64_N4AA04" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

16. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Nobodies going to throw this guy under the bus for interviewing during a playoff run like Wade last year?

17. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

He said he already declined during this playoff run with Houston. Its on Twitter reported by John McClain

18. moonsh0t

moonsh0t Member

I hope he gets it.

I wonder if the Texans would benefit from an actual OC, not just a Kubiak yes man. Another point of view always helps me in my line of work...

19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

The year Kyle Shanahan ran the show was a good one offensively. I'm pretty sure he and Sherman actually did make the majority of the calls when they were on board while Kubiak probably spent more time scripting the opening drive.

20. Major

Major Member

Unrelated side note: Can anyone explain to me how scripting an opening drive works? Doesn't each play call depend on the results of the previous one? If you call a run play on the first play, shouldn't your next play call depend on if it got a 9 yard gain vs a 1 yard gain vs a holding call?