1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Lakers

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by trowa, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Tmac4theWin

Tmac4theWin Member

cp3 will be cp3. he took 25 shots to get to 30 points with the last 4 or something being intentional foul ft's. outside lebron james, who can defend the best player while doing all that damage on offense, and especially no one in their 17th season. yes kobe hasn't defended well this season but tonight, you gotta give credit where credit is due.

that last shot by kobe almost went down too. too bad it didn't.

2. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

They would be so much better if they let Nash do his thing. There offense is terrible when Kobe isn't playing like Jordan. That's why he is a bad fit for that team. Kobe would make Chicago elite with his play. Not a DToni offense.

3. Tmac4theWin

Tmac4theWin Member

cp3 is going to go down as one of the best pgs in this league. i just hate the way he flops so much. at least he has toned it down a bit this season

4. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

How can a bunch of 35 years olds plus Dwight run D'Anthony's offence? And let's not even get into the defense. The Lakers are doomed this season.

5. supdudes

supdudes Member

Watching this game, "questionable" applies to feeding Howard the ball. I'd rather have Kobe shooting faders than the supposed super man get stripped and brick "hooks".

6. Tmac4theWin

Tmac4theWin Member

lakers need pau back. they need to get through to him and play inside out. dwight's job should solely be offensive rebounds and put backs. his post game sucks.

7. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

coach brown is gone, howard is there, gasol is back, nash is back.. lakers still suck.

What is the new excuse going to be?

Is steve blake out? Maybe when he comes back? :rolleyes: Maybe after the 'grammy bonding trip' :rolleyes:

the one constant is kobe. At some point or another folks need to face that kobe just aint jordan. Anyone see the fade away from kobe at end? Always trying to be the man so much for 'team' maybe he should shoot more fade away 100 footers.

8. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Why was Gasol standing at the 3 point line most of the game he should be in the post

9. clippy

clippy Member

Well, that's what Kobe's doing and the Lakers are losing. Even when Kobe has a super-efficient game like tonight, it doesn't make for effective Laker basketball because it doesn't play to their strengths, which is being bigger than every other team in the NBA.

I guarantee that if Kobe sat out for a week, the other Laker players would suddenly look a lot better and these complaints about Gasol, Howard, and Nash looking like scrubs would go away. I know this because this is exactly what happens every year when Kobe goes down-- the other parts look excellent and the team wins. This year it is more extreme because Kobe is taking even more shots than usual despite having probably the most talented team in the NBA.

10. supdudes

supdudes Member

[​IMG]

NSFW possibly
    [​IMG]

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

pau is chicken as in kung pau chicken

12. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

13. supdudes

supdudes Member

NO. Just no. I can't even fathom your biase. How are they bigger? Last time I checked they have two barely seven foot players in Hill and Gasol. Hill is a great player and it shows when he's on the floor. Gasol....Don't even get me started on how bad he plays (which doesn't seem to be in the paint, although its OPEN half the time). Howard is 6 11 and still recovering from a back surgery. Plus the guy was never a great post player, and with taller, grittier defenders he's going to struggle. Quit acting as if Kobe is the stem of their problems.

Their problem is the issue of pieces fitting together.

14. Tmac4theWin

Tmac4theWin Member

@clippy

true. the lakers' strength is having 2 skilled big men.. on paper yes. but seriously i cringe every time dwight has the ball with his back behind the basket or at the free throw line. bynum was much better at that and that's how lakers played 2 3 years ago.

and pau has sucked on both ends of the floor this year. he's shooting 41% as a 7'0'' power forward.

kobe does break the offense slow and that is a problem, but not even close to the bigger problems the lakers have had.

15. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

I'll give him credit offensively, but the poster mentioned his defense, and Paul seemed to get what he wanted on Bryant whenever he wasn't swarmed by multiple defenders.

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

You haven't heard? Dwight isn't 100%.

Ha.

On a different note, if the Lakers want a 7 footer out at the three point line, go ahead, make that trade for Bargnani. ;)

17. Tmac4theWin

Tmac4theWin Member

give me another defender not named tony allen who can defend cp3 well in this league. he's just that good. i'm not saying kobe shut down cp3 but he held his ground against him. that last shot, it wasn't like cp3 was wide open.. it was a nice cross over and the shot was contested.

18. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

19. supdudes

supdudes Member

As I recall, it was during that stretch that Kobe switched onto Paul that the Lakers came surging back, am I right?

20. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

what about when gasol was gone?

yeah blame is on gasoft that seems to be the strategy. I forgot gasoft was the reason they sucked last year against OKC. Kobe needs to step up and admit that he just isn't capable even with a team of all stars. Once gasol is gone then what?

Why cant fakers fans just admit they are a garbage team?