1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA 2K13

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by mr. 13 in 33, May 30, 2012.

1. getsmartnow

getsmartnow Contributing Member

Anyone else found this bug? On MyCareer mode, after I played in the rookie all-star game, the computer skipped to the end of the season. I didn't press anything, it just went to the MyCareer home page, then simulated the rest of the season. However, when I look at my season stats, it says I only played 52 games (up until the all-star break), and all my stats are the same. Anyone seen this before?? Also, because it auto-saved my season, I can't go back to the all-star game and reload from there. Very frustrating!

2. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

the gamers here usually play the actual games...

i like to try and win championships through simulation, such as a fantasy draft, but i like to simulate games because playing an entire season's worth of games is just too much time for me.

has anyone found a fun, challenging way to play 2K13 GM-style?

3. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

that's what I do, I'm big into team building. My problem with that comes about 5 years or in and most players are around 86-90 with the good ones being slightly above that. I think a way to get around this would be to manually go and edit certain player potentials. For instance: Greg Oden should not be an 87 and Johnny flynn should not be an 85 after 5 years. However, it seems to me to be a tedious process so I usually just let it go. My strategy is to gut a team for draft picks (usually raptors, cavs, wizards, or some other teams) as well as keeping my own. Make sure you hire the best prospect scouts if you can and your team will be great in a few seasons, especially if you pick up the big names in FA which it seems like I always manage to do.

4. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

very cool. sometimes i will try to begin a new franchise with the last pick in the fantasy draft and see if i can win a championship in one season, just through simulation only.

of course you have to get really lucky to land the right trade during the season that makes you championship worthy.

5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I do the same as far as just acting like a GM. I only actually play the playoff games. And even then, I only play the games that are must-wins. Sad as it may sound, I spend about equal time in the season as I do offseason.

It is hilariously easy to get future draft picks in the game if you play your cards right for the first 4-5 seasons. You can go into a draft with all 30 first round picks if you have enough patience/time on your hands*. I never make trades during the season, but I make trades almost every offseason. In FA, I always sign the best player I can afford and trade him ASAP for someone on a one-year deal and a draft pick. Once you gather enough draft picks, you become the GM God and YOU CONTROL THE BASKETBALL WORLD.

The problem I have is that the computer-generated draft classes are too old. It is damn near impossible to draft a 19 year old. And since I breaze through seasons, it's a huge difference in drafting a 19 year old vs a 23 year old. Once they hit 29-30, they start the decline.

*There's a good chance you all already know about this, but if not, here's an example: when trading down in the draft, say, from pick 10 to pick 15, you can also get that team's second round pick and future first round pick pretty easily. You can just continue doing this until you've turned your single lottery pick into 4-5 lower future first round picks. Inevitably, some of those picks will turn out to be more valuable next year than previously expected and you'll now have a couple mid-round picks and possibly a couple of lottery picks. Do this multiple years in a row, and you'll soon have all 30 picks.

6. BigBird

I didn't think you could own 30 draft picks. I thought the computer capped you out, but maybe that was last year. As for draft classes, I usually download the ones on 2k share because I like the guys being accurate to people coming into college.

7. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

anybody else here noticed d'antoni is now in the game for the lakers? usually players get updated but when did coaches? i guess 2k sports really wanted to oust mike brown..

8. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Pretty sure that's always been the case, but I don't know really.

9. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

I lost a game by 2 points yesterday, the pop up on the screen decided to show 'the Rockets upcoming games' and didn't disappear until the opposition had scored...grrrrrrrr!!!

10. gah

gah Member

Aren't all players trash after the first 3 picks? I don't bother with draft choices lower than 5.

Simulation is my favorite part of sports games and I have to say association is a pretty mediocre experience, I was only just entertained the first time around but this year I only played it like two days before being fed up with it. It needs to be completely redesigned.

11. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

I'm curious to know what camera angles you guys are using?

I have been using the 2K angle for sometime but felt like switching things up. I tried the reverse angle with autoflip off and this view gave me different angles I hadn't seen before. I came back in one game by switching to this. Anybody else got a favorite camera angle they can share?

Lastly, how do you change the camera angle during the game without taking a time out?

12. BigBird

2k camera angle is the way to go. on 2k12 it was on the d pad to switch ingame. no clue where it is on 2k13

13. Felixthecat

Felixthecat Contributing Member

How do you delete a my player?

14. IzakDavid13

One word...Edit

[​IMG]

15. BigBird

c'mon now...editing players is just no fun at all.

16. IzakDavid13

I usually edit the entire first round of the first draft so everyone gets a decent player.

I also have edited D-Mo in this NBA2K, because playing with a semi concious slow white stiff is just no fun at all.

17. IzakDavid13

...also, does anyone else wish that they would bring back the D-League?

I used to love stashing a few players down there, or sending a disgruntled youngster there and bringing him back after an 'attitude' adjustment.

I heard that NBA2K took out the D-League option, because every time that you sent Royce White there, the system would crash, delete the 'practice' feature & not play anymore.

1 person likes this.
  18. anthony59237

anthony59237 Member

anybody still playing? lol. I need more people to play against so add me.
    username: anthony-59237_

19. Zackery

Zackery Member

I have a problem learning the controls for this game. They made it really difficult to pull of post moves and the play calling is just terrible. The problem is that in the previous bball games you really didn't have to call plays to beat the CPU. But in this game if you're playing All-Star difficulty or harder, you will have to play with a game plan and win.

The only play I am able to call is a simple pick and roll combination 'cause the control for that is easy.

I just think the controls are too complicated. It is not intuitive. For example the left stick does a certain thing if your are dribbling but if you are in the post it does a different thing. Too bad. I never got into this game.

20. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

I'm been playing this game since it came out, but I still don't have the post moves down. The only move I know is the Yao shake where he spins off the defender and goes baseline for the dunk or layup.