1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Embiid and the Sixers taking on Brunson and the Knicks -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Impractical Jokers

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by jacoby, Jan 1, 2013.

Tags:
  1. jacoby

jacoby Member

I apologize in advance if there is already a thread on this.

Anyone see this show before? It's hysterical. I just finished watching the episode where the loser had to walk into an internet cafe and the other guys played hardcore p*rn sounds on his laptop.

You know what would make me cry? If the show turns out to be staged. Seems like everything on TruTV is anyway.

2. VanityHalfBlack

Caught it a couple times through channel surfing and yes, it is hilarious... One of the guys is a regular on Tell em Steve Dave Podcast which is a Kevin Smith pod production.. When does this show usually come on???

3. jacoby

jacoby Member

Thursdays at 9ET I believe.

4. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

It might be fake, look at when he puts the panties on his head. First he has them on with the inside touching his face and then they are inside out.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pZ6VlWH2ImQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

Yeah, I love the series. It would suck if it was fake though. Either way, I would laugh.

6. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

I don't care for jews, so no I don't watch it.

7. aeroman10

aeroman10 Contributing Member

Awesome show. I have been watching since season 1.

8. likestohypeguy

They generally are.

I think some of vids are legit from this series though, otherwise if the marks were in on it, the guys wouldn't be scared to say so many of the lines the others are feeding them. One or two to make it look real maybe, but in some of those they are way too embarrassed, and almost ruin it.

9. codell

codell Contributing Member

*bump*

Just started following this a few weeks ago. I normally don't care for shows like this but am digging it since they are trying to embarrass each other instead of unsuspecting people.

Pretty funny show overall.

10. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

My girl and I love the show. I don't think its fake. Especially the way Q talks about it on Steve Dave. One of the best challenges is taking food from people's plates at buffets while they are still getting food. I was dying. That and one of the loser challenges where Q has to explain his art to a group of people. Shows great.

11. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I know someone who was in one of their bits when they were in Texas. He didn't know what was going to happen but a producer or someone asked him to gather people for a demonstration. I'd say those aspects are not fake.

The ones where they are in a park or a mall and then the other joker is like 30feet away doing a prank seem a bit off. Wouldn't someone notice 3 other guys standing there filming something? Anyways, I laugh my ass off fake or not.

What about that show afterwards Carbanaro effect? Obviously those people are all staged right?

12. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

Carbanaro has to be fake.

No way that thing is real.

This might be fake as well.

That's reality show for you.

13. aeroman10

aeroman10 Contributing Member

I don't think its fake. They had an episode where they were saying how some takes that you only see a few minutes of take them hours to do and film. We only see the edited bits and pieces.

14. VanityHalfBlack

The bit where Quinn had to explain to his parents about the birds and the bees was pretty darn funny.

15. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

i love the show. it takes a lot of guts putting yourself in those awkward situations and i'm glad it's at their own expense. haven't caught the new episodes yet though.

16. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

FAKE?!?!?!

:mad:

[​IMG]

:(

17. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

I have this show set to record. Probably one of my favorites. I'll even watch the re-runs from time to time.

How cool would it be to do that for a living?

18. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I like the concept but don't particularly love the guys doing it.

19. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

A bud of mine watches this a lot and I wasnt feeling it at first. But I became a fan by the third show watched.

Scene where the guy is doing the magic show and strait jacket escape, was just well executed fail and embarrassment in front of a lot of people

I never got that its faked. They routinely have guys backing out of dares most which are understandably ludicrous for anyone to try.

20. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member