1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Charles Barkley cards for sale.

Discussion in 'Hot Deals and Classifieds' started by CHayesIsMyHero, Dec 30, 2012.

1. CHayesIsMyHero

2. jdh008

jdh008 Member

I sincerely hope you can find someone to take those off your hands, but I think it's going to be a tough sell.

At a total price of $500, you are asking for about $3.67 per card. A couple of those cards might be worth that much or maybe a little more, but most won't be. To respond to the trading card boom of the late-80s and early-90s, card companies overproduced their sets, which greatly devalued the worth of these base cards, which are the "regular" cards in a set. That appears to be most of what you have there. Those cards are each worth less than a dollar.

The other thing to consider is who you'll be selling to. With a price tag that high, you are looking for a serious collector, but serious collectors looking for base cards are going to be few and far between. Also, even if the book value estimates the cards at a certain value, which I think is still significantly below the price you've set, you can't just expect them to sell for that much. Book value and market value are two different things in this case.

I'm not trying to be some kind of jerk. I just want to give you an idea of what you'll be up against. I don't want you to end up blindsided or disappointed that they didn't sell.

1 person likes this.
  3. CHayesIsMyHero

Thank you. I really had no idea. I just didn't want to sell too for to cheap. I'm going to mark it down. I just wanted to see what would happen if I started the, out as the highest price.

4. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Sorry you are still way too high. There is nothing of real value that I see from those pics..no autos, no rare numbered, no rare patches, etc...

i hate to spash a harsh dose of reality on you to start the new year but you might be able to get $5 tops for that lot. Minus fees and shipping and gas...you are basically giving the cards away.

Here is a sample listing of 84 card lot that sold for 49 cents plus 2.50 shipping.which he might be losing money on.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Charles-Bar...=&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Even if your lost is twice as good...sorry...if you need the cash, you will need to find something else.

5. LoganRoxFan

LoganRoxFan Member

If I were you I'd cancel the listing and just list the 86 Fleer. The rest of them you should just chuck in the garbage. It's gonna be more of a hassle to try and sell the rest of them than the cards are worth. You'll be lucky to get a couple bucks for all of them, minus the 86 Fleer. A raw Barkley 86 Fleer will bring in $15-$20 bucks, depending on condition. It looks like you have a pretty big scratch on the surface so you'll be lucky to get $10-$15 for it.

Sorry to be so negative, but those cards are worthless. I use to own a sports memorabilia shop and dealt heavily in sports cards for over 20 years so I've had to break this news to a lot of people coming in wanting hundreds of dollars for late 80's early 90's cards. I have to tell them to get the most value out of those cards, use them for fire starters when camping.

6. DorianTurk

DorianTurk Member

Hey LoganRoxFan, I dont mean to hijack the thread but I do have a question about a card in my possession. Im just wondering what is the worth of a gem mint 10 1989 Donruss Craig Biggion #561 rookie card worth?

7. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

It's worth what someone is willing to pay and in this case if it is a well-known grading company (PSA, etc no junk grading company) it's around $21.50

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1989-Donrus...0960046706?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item19d5bbf272