1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DeMarcus Cousins: Get 'er done Morey!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sooty, Jan 1, 2012.

?

Should the Rockets pursue DeMarcus Cousins?

1. Yes

538 vote(s)
    69.4%
  2. No

237 vote(s)
    30.6%
  1. Petey-N-Htown

Petey-N-Htown Member

2. FosterTate24

FosterTate24 New Member

Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo Kings GM Geoff Petrie suspends center DeMarcus Cousins indefinitely for conduct detrimental to the team and unprofessional behavior.

3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That's understandable... I totally get the mental maturity thing, especially with all the Royce stuff going on, not to mention Terrence Williams.

What makes me believe the gamble is worth the risk is the rebounding. He rebounds like a HOF basketball player. That to me says that the dude plays hard and with lots of fight and heart, even If he is an immature brat half the time. A guy that plays that hard is almost always worth the risk, especially when they just turned drinking age. I have faith in our organization and coaching staff with that much to go on. We aren't talking about a guy that doesn't play hard, ala TWill. (And we have the secret weapon, Patrick Patterson...)

4. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

This guy has less than half the discipline even Kwame Brown has.. He's beens suspending for hitting OJ Mayo in the groin then wanting to kill his coach in the locker room just now. He's not going to get any better with that attitude and he's a not so good raw talent when compared to other bigs that play on just raw talent.

5. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

False.

He gets to the freethrow line at the exact same rate as Tim Duncan has for his entire career. As far as the field goal percentage for a C, well, he might be a PF, and I'm sure it would rise with all the layups Harden and Lin would be giving him, as well as Demarcus not feeling like he as to shoot random 3's like he does when he plays with blackhole Tyreke Evans.

Hakeem was just as bad when he was Akeem... Undisciplined hot head. (Obviously Demarcus is no Dream)

6. Fawkward

Fawkward Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Kings approach tipping point again with DeMarcus Cousins after suspending him again, this time indefinitely, for conduct unbecoming.</p>&mdash; David Aldridge (@daldridgetnt) <a href="https://twitter.com/daldridgetnt/status/282592040938782720" data-datetime="2012-12-22T21:02:47+00:00">December 22, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

7. roxxy

roxxy Member

I would love DeMarcus! Can you imagine a line up of Lin Harden Parsons DMC Asik. *drools*

He has attitude problems but Sacramento is a cesspool.

PS. I love you sig.

1 person likes this.
  8. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

If McHale can turn head cases like Lin and Parsons around, he will have no problem with Cousins.

Kelvin Sampson has also really matured under McHale. Turned around his life from NCAA hooligan to respected NBA pro.

9. thedude077

thedude077 Member

Patrick Patterson, Marcus Morris and Terrence Jones for Cousins. Heck, I'll even give them our 2013 first round pick.

Lin
    Harden
    Parsons
    Cousins
    Asik
    Not a bad line up. Cousins is immature, but who cares? We can trade him later for Kevin Love if he doesn't mature. GET IT DONE MOREY!

10. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

With Asik, you still have so much untapped disciplined potential. The timing with Asik is more than going to improve. If the Rockets lose Parsons, they won't have a quick tall intangibles forward that can score from anywhere. Parsons is pretty damn nice gem many teams would take off the Rocket's hands.. I really see no good options out there period... Asik routinely clowns guys like Tyson Chandler and other premium bigs for a reason.. Let's develop what the Rockets have..

11. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

That is the only thing he has in common with Tim Duncan - even if Duncan's FT Rate has dropped over the last three years. During Duncan's prime it isn't all that close. How does Cousin's compare to Dwight Howard, Shaquille O'Neal, or even Omer Asik? It's not great. Asik takes half the shots and only one less FT.

As far as his FG% - He's a bad offensive player. The stupid three pointers don't help - but they only account for 37 shots in 168 games. What drives his FG% down is the 31% he shoots within 3-9ft from the basket. He's bad offensively. He's bad defensively. He's part of a bad team that is bad because it's no. 1 option is inefficient offensively and ambivialent defensively.

Good players make teams better, and Sacramento is as bad as they were before they ever had DeMarcus Cousins. The light may turn on for him, but I'm old enough to remember Derrick Coleman and I've seen how this story ends.

12. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I think he is doing this intentional to get the **** outta there. He reminds me of this coworker that rattled everyone's case to get what he wants out the system. He was intrigued when Harden his pimpdaddy got to Houston. Methinks he wants to come here.

13. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Anyone not named Harden on this team should be up for grabs in a deal for Cousins.

14. CCM721

CCM721 Member

So what you are saying is, is that this player who is regarded as one of the highest potential Players in the league isn't good at anything?

15. Ben Frank

Ben Frank Member

Demarcus Cousins and Thornton for Asik, White, Patterson, Parson

Sign Iggy in the offseason

Next Year Line up

Lin/Machado/Draft Pick
    Harden/Thornton
    Iguodala/Morris
    Montie/Jones
    Cousins/Smith

16. cytrynowa

cytrynowa Member

@chisportsguy41: Lin/Harden/Parsons/DMC/Omer is terrifying. RT @loverofsports: I don't wanna trade Cousins, but him going to the Rockets is kind of exciting.

Agree with this tweet or not?

The lineup is intriguing, but I'm scared of the locker room presence.

17. ThaShark316_28

Any trade for anyone big man Rocket fans have had their eyes on, starts with Parsons.

Keep that in mind when you are hitting the trade machine, fellas.

18. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

He's a decent rebounder - though not as good as Asik. As far as everything else - is there any proof he is good at anything? "Potential just means you haven't done anything yet" as Darrell Royal used to say.

19. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

These long-held theories about Cousins' "potential" and "skill" really need debunking. Cross-posting from another thread:

Cousins gets a large number of post-up and finishing opportunities as a King, and is still garbage. He is inefficient because he can't even make layups. Here's his shot chart:

[​IMG]

Those percentages right at the rim are historically bad. Just for fun, compare him to Omer Asik, who most would agree is not what you'd call a strong finisher around the basket at the center position:

[​IMG]

DeMarcus Cousins is not even as good as Omer Asik when right at the basket. He is hot garbage.

1 person likes this.
  20. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Anyone except parsons, asik, and harden is fair game for Cousins